• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Yorker: Bill O’Reilly Is Going on Vacation. Will His Show Return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
Good, he's poison.
Then why pay 13 million in settlements?

Schattenjäger;234211447 said:
Damn fine question
Let's not lose all context. While I think we can safely say that the number of accusations against O'Reilly, as well as the straight up evidence from his own family and the first high profile audio tapes from his producer, Bill O'Reilly is guilty.

However, settlements don't mean that on their own. Companies and wealthy personalities settle cases daily in America just because the idea of trial can be so costly and so damaging in the media due to the research and implications and accusations that fly at them publicly, they determine it is less risky to just pay a settlement instead of pay with their reputation and trial costs. So don't suggest a settlement means guilt on its own.

Good, he's poison.

Let's not lose all context. While I think we can safely say that the number of accusations against O'Reilly, as well as the straight up evidence from his own family and the first high profile audio tapes from his producer, Bill O'Reilly is guilty.

However, settlements don't mean that on their own. Companies and wealthy personalities settle cases daily in America just because the idea of trial can be so costly and so damaging in the media due to the research and implications and accusations that fly at them publicly, they determine it is less risky to just pay a settlement instead of pay with their reputation and trial costs. So don't suggest a settlement means guilt on its own.

Thirteen...Million....Dollars

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
*Imagens the awesome schadenfreude that would be on display if Jon Stewart still had a show*

Bluth54

You seem clueless as to how much money his show generates them per year. Let alone how much money they have as a whole channel.

$13 million isn't odd in the settlements with big companies world

Apparently his show hasn't been generating much money for Fox News anymore since even though it still got high ratings the vast majority of advertisers had pulled out and most of the ads were promos for upcoming Fox New shows.

With this, Alex Jones' lawyer saying he's a fake during his divorce hearings, Tomi Lahren being frozen with no access to her social media (losing those 15 minutes of fame saying sweet nothings to people on Facebook), Ailes being ousted last summer, and Glenn Beck's decreased ratings over the years, I have to say that I've never been happier with developments in all these circles.

Hope they feel like they're "winning."

You seem clueless as to how much money his show generates them per year. Let alone how much money they have as a whole channel.

$13 million isn't odd in the settlements with big companies world

Ah yes I think $13 million is large settlement amount for any innocent person, therefore I must be clueless to other factors, got it.

FTF

tsDy_P.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom