• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Yorker: Bill O’Reilly Is Going on Vacation. Will His Show Return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Embattled Fox News host Bill O’Reilly announced tonight that he is taking a vacation. O’Reilly’s decision to go off the air in the midst of a sexual harassment scandal and advertiser boycott arguably has the appearance of a suspension, but O’Reilly worked to dispel that notion. He announced that he’d scheduled his trip “last fall” — well before the New York Times reported he paid $13 million to settle harassment claims. A Fox News spokesperson confirmed O’Reilly will return on April 24.

But according to four network sources, there’s talk inside Fox News that tonight’s show could be his last. Lawyers for the law firm Paul, Weiss, hired last summer by 21st Century Fox to investigate Roger Ailes, are currently doing a “deep dive” investigation into O’Reilly’s behavior. They’re focused now on sexual harassment claims by O’Reilly guest Wendy Walsh after she reported her claims via the company’s anonymous hotline.

Fox News co-president Bill Shine has been working hard to keep O’Reilly, sources said. But O’Reilly’s future is in the hands of the Murdochs. “It’s up to the family,” the senior Fox News staffer said. The Murdochs are presently divided over how to handle it. Two highly-placed Fox News sources say 21st Century Fox CEO James Murdoch would like O’Reilly to be permanently taken off the air, while his father Rupert and older brother Lachlan are more inclined to keep him. (A spokesperson for the Murdochs declined to comment.)

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/is-bill-oreilly-going-off-the-air.html

bill_pinhead.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Has Fox News ever mentioned anything about this on-air? The O'Reilly fans I know haven't heard anything about his sexual harassment situation except from me.

I'm worried that whoever they replace him with will be even further to the right, at least Bill o Riley doesn't seem to be all aboard the MAGA train

Dishwalla

Banned
Meh he's old enough and has enough money that he could retire in comfort. Also the guy writes like a book a year, I'm sure he could keep that business up.

Meh he's old enough and has enough money that he could retire in comfort. Also the guy writes like a book a year, I'm sure he could keep that business up.

He gets paid 20 million a year now and he's been a ratings bonanza for 20 years or so. Cocaine is expensive but I think he'll be fine.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Fucking finally.

I can't believe this shit finally became a story, his sexual harassment had been known for years.

Surfinn

Just because he had scheduled time off months ago doesn't mean they didn't time his departure around it conveniently.

Hopefully he's finally done.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Fuck you Bill, I hope you fall into an isolated well somewhere and get your little dick stuck in a crack. As you yank desperately to free your shriveled little poisonous pecker I hope a sewer line running next to the well spontaneously cracks and spews gallons of fresh shit into the well that has now become your tomb.

Fuck you Bill, I hope you fall into an isolated well somewhere and get your little dick stuck in a crack. As you yank desperately to free your shriveled little poisonous pecker I hope a sewer line running next to the well spontaneously cracks and spews gallons of fresh shit into the well that has now become your tomb.

I say gotdamn.

Wag

Gretchen Carlson?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The cynical part of me says I don't see him going anywhere, he's been that station's breadwinner forever.

But the mass exodus of advertisers is probably the most hard hitting game changer in all of this. That and if they took Ailes down, O'Reilly might be possible too.

Surfinn

That escalated quickly..

FOX's demographic (old ass people) are gonna start going to sleep earlier now. Hannity is about to find out no one ever actually liked him.

The Lamp

I derive great pleasure from reading this.

FOX's demographic (old ass people) are gonna start going to sleep earlier now. Hannity is about to find out no one ever actually liked him.

Literally every night, my parents stay up to watch him. It's their religion. And he has brainwashed so much of America. It'll be a glorious day once he retires from TV

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wiki'd the show for context earlier and still cannot believe that in 2014 the median age of his audience was 72.

SEVENTY TWO.

I wiki'd the show for context earlier and still cannot believe that in 2014 the median age of his audience was 72.

SEVENTY TWO.

Yeah that is FOX's core audience and why they haven't tossed his perverted ass yet they know once they get rid of him finding another old racist wind bag to fill his slot is going to be impossible and no matter how gray and seasoned Hannity has tried to make himself look by not dying his hair no one actually likes him.

iu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom