• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Yorker: Bill O’Reilly Is Going on Vacation. Will His Show Return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill is such as horrible person and he's been influential in pushing policy in a rightward direction. He actually called for a wall for a while now, and then Trump just copied what he hears on Fox News. He's a Trump sycophant to the fullest degree, almost as bad as Hannity. And I honestly think he's a worse person than Hannity while Hannity's politics are worse. That's saying a lot about him.

I wouldn't be so optimistic. He'll just get replaced buy someone more extreme and idiotic. I used to be comforted that O'Reilly and Limbaugh's ratings were going down, but it sure wasn't because people were smartening up.

Tigress

First ratings don't mean anything if no one is buying ad space, and LOL he is no way reasonable. He is an open bigot

He didn't say he was reasonable. He said he was more reasonable than some of the other fox associates. And sadly, he is. Hannity for one is definitely worse.

drspeedy

Bill is such as horrible person and he's been influential in pushing policy in a rightward direction. He actually called for a wall for a while now, and then Trump just copied what he hears on Fox News. He's a Trump sycophant to the fullest degree, almost as bad as Hannity. And I honestly think he's a worse person than Hannity while Hannity's politics are worse. That's saying a lot about him.

Symbiotes.

It requires a Hannity/O'Reilly to bring about a Trump, and a Hannity/O'Reilly requires a Trump to continue. Sources citing each other as facts and all that... They become a stronger entity by living off of each other's powers

Ray Down

Banned
bvViOgc.gif

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
He's past retirement age and sitting on millions of dollars, if I were O'Reilly I'd almost be welcoming getting the time off to enjoy life.

Couldn't have happened to a more worthless human being. Decades of sitting on high horses, pretending like he was just a flat out "better" person than those he targeted. He's the living embodiment of the Holier-than-thou conservative. And like many holier-than-thou conservatives, his private life is marred with heinous bullshit that leads him to project and throw stones from his glass house.

LQX

The crazy thing is I think Bill might get even bigger. He really does not need Fox News and will probably immediately start his own platform like Beck.

Kthulhu

He's past retirement age and sitting on millions of dollars, if I were O'Reilly I'd almost be welcoming getting the time off to enjoy life.

He'll probably keep writing his stupid books. At least I won't have to see him in TV anymore when my family has fox news on.

Now to just get rid of Hannity.

Yeah it's time to go home an be a family man. Like for reals he needs to lay off the right wing venom spitting and fix his shit at home with his family he's not exactly a spring chicken.

Those advertisers still won't back O'Reilly if he leaves Fox, so you'd be taking a heavy loss.

Even with the loss of those particular advertisers i could stick O'Reilly in any slot held by some current right wing nutjob and still rake in more than im making now. If he wants a podcast id try to be the exclusive host of that shit. O'Reilly will still bring in money, bank on it.

DonShula

Lately? Probably. Make him someone like Lord who comes on nightly to defend Trumps indefensible shit.

Oh he'd want more than that. He'd want his own show. I could even see them claiming that he was now free of Fox's influence and open to being more balanced, or some garbage like that. It would be insufferable but it would make money, which is the bottom line for CNN.

rjinaz

An era of hate spreading to the lower class comes to an end if true. Well we still have Hannity but it's a start.

He'll get his own show/podcast that will be listened to by as many if not more people and he won't have to hold back anything because he's not on TV.

His poison doesn't end until he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom