• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Yorker: Bill O’Reilly Is Going on Vacation. Will His Show Return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with the loss of those particular advertisers i could stick O'Reilly in any slot held by some current right wing nutjob and still rake in more than im making now. If he wants a podcast id try to be the exclusive host of that shit. O'Reilly will still bring in money, bank on it.

O'Reilly will also demand lots of money. The formula is ad revenue - all the advertisers who pulled out of Fox - O'Reilly's salary.

If he's still worth a lot of money Fox won't let him go.

And there aren't many places with the reach of Fox News. If he wants to debase himself off in the radio or cable wilderness for a fraction of the money, who cares.

cameron

Sons James and Lachlan have been arguing that O’Reilly needs to go, say these sources, though their father, Rupert, has resisted that outcome.
Another factor: the Murdochs’ pending $14 billion takeover of European pay-TV provider Sky. On May 16, the British media regulator Ofcom is set to judge whether the Murdochs are “fit and proper” to own such a large media property. Removing O’Reilly could appease critics and help close the Sky deal.
Do it, Rupert. Do it.

O'Reilly wasn't a fan of Trump at all. Or rather, that was during the election so maybe he changed his mind because $$$

Is this a joke?! Do people really believe shit like this?

Xn4hKRC.gif

Enzom21

Here's hoping there are more lawsuits and he has to pay out of the ass.
---
erOZenx.jpg

Why does his skin look like that? Liver spots? Evil bubbling to the surface?

Paches

Has really nothing to do with his commentary or actions, there was just finally enough pressure put on advertisers on the program to inflict financial damage finally. Whatever it takes to get this joke off the TV.

I find it interesting, although not surprising, how sexual assault is the straw to break the camel's back for most people. It was the same pre election where people were able to get over all the abhorrent shit Trump was saying yet the allegations of sexual assault were where he suddenly went too far for them.

Obviously when taken into consideration with other forms of attacks and bigotry against other groups, it's the thing most people can most relate to as regardless of your background you probably have women in your life you care about, but it's still annoys me.

Hopefully it amounts to more than a few people pretending to care with nothing actually coming of it (as evidenced by Trump still winning). As long as a terrible person in a position of power is negatively affected, works for me

Ecotic

O'Reilly is saner than someone like Hannity perhaps, but that was his hustle. The viewers reach the same conclusions as watching Hannity, but the presentation is of a 'reasonable' man rather than Hannity's open bias. O'Reilly will be hard to replace in that regard.

You drank the Kool-Aid, champ. "Fair and Balanced," right?

I take it you didn't read my first post in this thread:

Couldn't have happened to a more worthless human being. Decades of sitting on high horses, pretending like he was just a flat out "better" person than those he targeted. He's the living embodiment of the Holier-than-thou conservative. And like many holier-than-thou conservatives, his private life is marred with heinous bullshit that leads him to project and throw stones from his glass house.

I take it you didn't read my first post in this thread:

No, I read it. I was commenting on your other post, the one I quoted, which seemed to convey a belief that O'Reilly's interviews with Trump were something more than glorified puff pieces
(they weren't)
. Which is exactly what Fox wants its viewers to think so as to maintain an air of credibility while pushing Trump down their throats. That's the "Fair & Balanced" "Kool-Aid" I was referring to. You posted that O'Reilly "wasn't a fan of" and "often criticized" Trump, the first of which is patently untrue and the second of which is inaccurate and, to the extent it is true at all, was only done while tossing the most transparent of softballs his way to provide an unchallenged platform for some of Trump's most heinous positions. To my recollection, if O'Reilly ever openly challenged Trump on something, it was a hilariously unsubtle attempt to get him to clarify some unpopular position and thus leave the interview in better public shape than when he entered, i.e. "You know that isn't true, right?" "You weren't suggesting this, right?" "What you really meant is this, right?"

It was ridiculous. But it worked, to be sure, including on you apparently. I hope that clarifies what I meant by my admittedly snarky initial post.

Bill has self-awareness, and seems like a sleazy asshole in it primarily for the money (not that I've watch much of his show). Which might make him worse than the die-hard zealots, depending on who you ask. I wonder how much companies value FOX ad space as a whole, because let's face it, the entire Murdoch empire is to blame.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
He often criticized Trump. Very lightly, mind you, and still preferred him over Clinton any day of the week, but he wasn't slobbering all over his dick like certain other more rotund Fox News personalities.

So he wasn't sucking Trump's cock, just giving him a handy j under the table?

Pizza

My dad LOVES o Reilly. I don't think he takes what the guy says as fact: he claims to like his interviews.

My opinion of o Reilly was fairly neutral until Jon Stewart gave him shit for not understanding tides and O reilly did something besides be ashamed

No, I read it. I was commenting on the post I quoted, which seemed to convey a belief that O'Reilly's interviews with Trump were something more than glorified puff pieces
(they weren't)
. Which is exactly what Fox wants its viewers to think so as to maintain an air of credibility while pushing Trump down their throats. That's the "Fair & Balanced" "Kool-Aid" I was referring to. You posted that O'Reilly "wasn't a fan of" and "often criticized" Trump, the first of which is patently untrue and the second of which is inaccurate and, to the extent it is true at all, was only done while tossing the most transparent of softballs his way to provide an unchallenged platform for some of Trump's most heinous positions. To my recollection, if O'Reilly ever openly challenged Trump on something, it was a hilariously unsubtle attempt to get him to clarify some unpopular position and thus leave the interview in better public shape than when he entered, i.e. "You know that isn't true, right?" "You weren't suggesting this, right?" "What you really meant is this, right?"

You're not gonna see me defending O'Reilly on this or anything else for that matter. All I'm saying is that of the conservative blowhards worshipping Trump he was, during the election, not on the top of that list. And, again, not as a means of defending or softening my stance on him. I saw him regularly make interviews with other people about his views on Trump and that was the impression he gave. I don't know what Kool Aid you think I drank.

O'Reilly is saner than someone like Hannity perhaps, but that was his hustle. The viewers reach the same conclusions as watching Hannity, but the presentation is of a 'reasonable' man rather than Hannity's open bias. O'Reilly will be hard to replace in that regard.

O'Reilly was as much of an Obama hater and he's as much of a Trump ass kisser as Hannity. The difference is that he isn't as over the top as Hannity, he doesn't hold rallies for Trump, and he doesn't admit that he voted for Trump and fully supports him like Hannity. But that he pretends to be reasonable and non-partisan makes him more dangerous than Hannity, especially for his gullible audience.

IrishNinja

Enzom21

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...4b0de5bac41a5cd?54f&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009
The report comes amid a separate claim by attorney Lisa Bloom that O'Reilly used to call a black woman who worked as a clerical worker at Fox News ”hot chocolate" during her time at the network in 2008. The television host would reportedly make her feel uncomfortable in other ways as well.

”He would never talk to her, not even hello, except to grunt at her like a wild boar," Bloom told The Hollywood Reporter. ”He would leer at her. He would always do this when no one else was around and she was scared."

Bloom, who said she verified the woman's story with three witnesses, claims the woman feared she would lose her job if she complained at the time. She added that the woman wants no money, but has registered a complaint with the Fox News hotline in light of recent news about the host ― a service that apparently many female employees at the network only recently came to learn about.
The only way to hurt someone like O'Reilly is in the pockets. Take as much from that piece of shit as possible.

d6v2CJv.png

He often criticized Trump. Very lightly, mind you, and still preferred him over Clinton any day of the week, but he wasn't slobbering all over his dick like certain other more rotund Fox News personalities.

He was essentially out there giving Trump tips on how to conduct himself. He's apart of the Trumpster fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom