• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Yorker: Bill O’Reilly Is Going on Vacation. Will His Show Return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck you Bill, I hope you fall into an isolated well somewhere and get your little dick stuck in a crack. As you yank desperately to free your shriveled little poisonous pecker I hope a sewer line running next to the well spontaneously cracks and spews gallons of fresh shit into the well that has now become your tomb.

I saw everybody quoting this and figured it couldn't have been that quote-worthy.

But now I've read it and I can't stop laughing.

Geist-

Fuck you Bill, I hope you fall into an isolated well somewhere and get your little dick stuck in a crack. As you yank desperately to free your shriveled little poisonous pecker I hope a sewer line running next to the well spontaneously cracks and spews gallons of fresh shit into the well that has now become your tomb.
nbE5uuh.jpg

I came.

Vagabundo

This is a draft of Stephen King's new novel.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Typically in cases of ongoing sexual harassment or sexual abuse, it turns out that a significant number of people who knew the harasser/abuser were aware of what was going on but didn't do anything about it.

That's not really what I was talking about, though.

Him being a sexual predator wasn't something that only people who knew him in person knew about but didn't do anything about, it was public knowledge that just never really became a story, and I'm happy that it finally did become one.

Kind of like the Bill Cosby thing, it was public knowledge but not enough people knew for it to become as big as it did until Hannibal Buress told people to google it.

komplanen

Maybe you're the one who needs a vacation with unknown results lmao

school-rumble-thumbs-up-o.gif

jetsetrez

I honestly think Hannity is much, much, much more dangerous than Bill, and I even find Bill to me somewhat entertaining when I see him on the late night talk shows, but I can only imagine the affects this could have if it unseats Fox News as the #1 news network. The amount of propaganda and misinformation and brainwashing that that channel (along with talk radio and people like Alex Jones) has wrought on this country has had an incalculable detriment to critical thinking. Dumb people are easily swayed. and they've done nothing but take advantage of that. They're the most un-American faux patriots.

Unfortunately what I expect to happen is he will come back essentially on probationary terms and if his viewership declines or he somehow commits a new indecent or criminal act he will be fired. And, also quite troubling, I expect his audience will be there (including both of my parents).

I hope my cynicism is proven wrong though. He is scum and him being on Fox should be seen as an indictment of the station as well as the GOP; but for whatever reason it isn't to quite a lot of people.

And right before the shit reaches his head he looks in the camera and says "This isn't going too well!"

My Pillow

The My Pillow dude has a great mustache
National_Sleep_Foundation_Chooses_My_Pillow409.jpg

oh please. PLEASE!

Now someone do Hannity next. Take that motherfucker down!

Don't worry, they take themselves down.
Though I don't know why Limbaugh is around still.

Good thing Trump launching the 50+ missiles into Syria to distract from this scandal didn't work! All for O'Reilly! All to help his buddy the sexual harasser and molester! The domestic abuser who drags the mother of his children down the stairs! The father his children want to get the hell away from!

Yeah, uh huh, planned vacation since last year, yeah. Uh huh.

Anyway, fuck Bill O'Reilly.

Isn't O'Reilly their highest-rated show? Highly doubt they'd take him off the air just for that.

Besides, despite all the hate for him, he's actually one of the more reasonable of Fox's talking heads and will go after Trump for stupid shit. There's a very good chance that if he leaves one of Trump's greater cheerleaders like Hannity or Carlson takes his place, not to mention Tomi Lahren is likely to join the network once her issue with the Blaze is over.

Swass

Isn't O'Reilly their highest-rated show? Highly doubt they'd take him off the air just for that.

Besides, despite all the hate for him, he's actually one of the more reasonable of Fox's talking heads and will go after Trump for stupid shit. There's a very good chance that if he leaves one of Trump's greater cheerleaders like Hannity or Carlson takes his place, not to mention Tomi Lahren is likely to join the network once her issue with the Blaze is over.

Ratings are only important so long as you can sell advertising which at the moment they can't.. and even if he is able to get some advertisers to come back, the money they will have to pay will be a fraction of what is use to be.. also if fox continues to keep him on it gives the illusion that they prioritize popularity over their employees safety and well being.. basically stick a fork in him, he's done.

Slayven

First ratings don't mean anything if no one is buying ad space, and LOL he is no way reasonable. He is an open bigot

It seems like some moneyed interests are finally waking up to the damage that right wing propaganda like Fox has done to our political institutions. They've radicalized and brainwashed millions of people, some of whom are family and friends. They deserve to be abandoned by advertisers.

I've despaired more than I care to admit that the elite of this country don't seem to care that they're piloting us towards ruin. Hopefully, this is evidence that enough of them do still care and are FINALLY willing to sacrifice money to help turn things around.

Someone like O'Rielly can get a job anywhere because networks won't turn down ratings.

So even if he gets let go there he is still a ratings monster.

Someone like O'Rielly can get a job anywhere because networks won't turn down ratings.

So even if he gets let go there he is still a ratings monster.

Being a ratings monster entails bringing in advertisers. It doesn't matter how many viewers he can get if no one is willing to pony up the cash for his audience.

BriGuy

Has Fox News ever mentioned anything about this on-air? The O'Reilly fans I know haven't heard anything about his sexual harassment situation except from me.
That would eat up valuable coverage of "the real story™" about Susan Rice doing a routine part of her former job.

RPGCrazied

More like going on leave while you get investigated by the company you work for, but yeah right, like he will admit that.

I really wish they would fire him, but his show is like the highest rated on the entire network. Still though, money talks, and if you can no longer put ads on your show, what good are you? Good ratings isn't enough.

In the end it's all about money- Fox News basically treated the regular sexual harassment settlements as a part of his salary and for years has decided that even with that cost factored in keeping him on the air is a net profit. Now that they're losing advertisers over it, it's possible they've decided that he's not worth it anymore.

I'd also imagine that Roger Ailes went out of his way to shield him from consequences, partially because he liked him and partially because as we now know he was doing the same shit and thus obviously didn't consider it to be a big deal. This is the first time it's become A Thing since Ailes was booted, so now the people who were above Ailes don't have anyone blocking them from doing something about it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom