• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Advertiser Pulls Ads From Sean Hannity’s Fox News Show

I can't wait for the republican backlash against the companies pulling their ads.

These idiots love the idea of a free market, unless the free market does things they don't like. Then it's witchhunt this, conspiracy that.

I can't wait for the republican backlash against the companies pulling their ads.

These idiots love the idea of a free market, unless the free market does things they don't like. Then it's witchhunt this, conspiracy that.

its more so, they love the idea of a "market free to screw you."

DOWN

Banned
Seeing mentions that Hannity is taking a few days off.
Not confirmed completely but we'll see I suppose.

NEVERMIND CONFIRMED

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/867567025983553537

"VACATION"

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/han...vertisers-continue-to-flee-his-fox-news-show/

Oh my goodness, he is done?

Bill OReily used this excuse when he got the boot.
Eh, remember Jessie Watters took a vacation that everyone thought would be his demise last month and nothing happened

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Can't believe the downfall of Fox News is happening during a Republican presidency. Good riddance and fuck Sean Hannity.

Shoeless

So, if all of this is the result of the free market and advertisers making decisions based on their bottom line, and Fox as a company reacting to this in order to preserve their bottom line, does this mean conservatives now have to admit that communism is the better alternative and that governments should step in, take control of businesses and force them to operate in state-mandated ways?

Does this basically prove to conservatives that capitalism doesn't work and communism is what they actually wanted this whole time?

TS-08

Eh, remember Jessie Watters took a vacation that everyone thought would be his demise last month and nothing happened

These "vacations" are just excuses to get talent off the air in hopes that the controversy will die down. It didn't work for Bill O because the pressure to remove him kept going. I think the jury is still out on whether the same will happen to Hannity.

@seanhannity said:
Uh oh My ANNUAL Memorial Day long weekend starts NOW. Destroy Trump/Conservative media breathless coverage starts! Did Hannity do last show?

I love the random assemblage of words that make no grammatical sense.

Looks like it may be a nothingburger
UPDATE!
Per an FNC spokesperson:
“Like the rest of the country, Sean Hannity is taking a vacation for Memorial Day weekend and will be back on Tuesday. Those who suggest otherwise are going to look foolish.”

pixelation

Google Seth Rich.

tl;dr: DNC staffer that was murdered last year in Washington, DC, in what authorities believe to be a robbery attempt. Hannity has spent the past week promoting a conspiracy theory that he was the source of the Wikileaks emails -- therefore, it was not Russia and there could obviously be no collusion with Trump -- despite no evidence supporting that theory and despite pleas from the family to stop peddling false information.

What a disgraceful piece of turd.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

I always hear about the inevitable backlash by the republicans but I'll be honest, I hardly ever see anything come of it. The liberal side seems far more likely to actually follow through on these kinds of threats.

Calion

giphy.gif

So confused as to why fox news is falling apart of all the times it could have fallen apart

When you're in the spotlight, ya gotta produce. They got everything they wanted and it was way easier for them when they could just post blame. Being on the defensive is tough, and leads to mistakes. Between this responsibility and already having a crumbling infrastructure of personnel, it was a matter of time.

It's just amazing how fast it's going.

Kibbles

Hope he's getting the boot but couldve just been a preplanned vacation, makes sense with it being Memorial weekend.

Biske

People know its Memorial Day weekend right?

Would actually make a hell of a lot of sense to take a vacation for it. A lot of people do...

Top Bottom