• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Hannity Eyes Fox News Exit, Insiders Say

studyguy

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/05/01/sean-hannity-eyes-fox-news-exit-insiders-say.html
Sean Hannity is looking to leave Fox News, according to sources, following the resignation of Fox News co-president Bill Shine officially on Monday.

Shine was Hannity’s his long-time ally whom he personally recommended the network hire two decades ago to produce Hannity & Colmes. In recent days, Hannity warned it would be the “total end” of Fox News should Shine leave, and he rallied conservative activists to back him up.

Initially, insiders said, Hannity’s army of lawyers had hoped to discuss with Fox ways of protecting his 8-year-old primetime show, amid fears that Lachlan and James Murdoch—fresh off the ousting of Bill O’Reilly—were looking to push the network away from hard-right politics.

However, with Shine’s departure on Monday, one source told The Daily Beast, there’s no reason for Hannity to stay. “The network now belongs to the Murdoch sons,” another Fox insider said after learning that Shine was gone.

So things have been rough after Bill Shine was fired this morning. Pull the trigger Sean. Burn that bridge and the whole village along with it. Please proceed.

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/859144021301702658
Gabriel Sherman (@gabrielsherman)
According to 3 Fox sources, Hannity has a "key man clause" in his contract that would allow him to quit anytime. He's v. loyal to Shine.

Grym

bye-b.gif

RPGCrazied

Good. Wow, still not done, but that would be an awesome improvement. I can't believe I'm saying this about Fox News, but keep it up.

LosDaddie

Banned
Well, he's a professional troll and attention-whore. So I doubt he wants to get out of TV completely.

But sure, like Limbaugh, his radio audience is massive enough that he can ride that money alone and still be incredibly wealthy.

The Lamp

These nut jobs are just going to pool their money and start prime time segments on Breitbart, dragging their audiences and the American public farther to the right

RPGCrazied

I'd pay money to see Fox News turn into a liberal network during a fucking Donald Trump Presidency.

Make it happen.

entremet

Never watched Hannity alone since he always had a smug, holier than thou approach that made me want to punch the TV. Hannity and Colmes was cool.

Steel

Banned
I wonder who the new fox news high-rating personalities are gonna be after all this shit.

Couldn't possibly be worse... Right?

Meier

No idea where'd he'd go at this point in his career, other than satalite radio or the internet.

I imagine both he and BOR must have some non-compete clauses in their contracts which would preclude them from doing something for awhile.. but who knows? Either way, I could see them starting some sort of organization together.

This is still probably my favorite gif ever. I adore it.

There's rumblings of another super conservative news org popping up soon. Lots of talking heads now post Fox that are in limbo so I'm more worried it might be true.

This is fine let it happen. Do you really think they will get key advertisers to sign on. Hannity lost a ton of advertisers that pull a lot of weight. I doubt Mercedes or other major car companies are going to throw their lot behind some startup news organization that happens to collect old guard Fox people that got Fox into trouble in the first place with sexual harassment and other legal issues.

If for some reason it does get off the ground they will be sinking a ton of capital into going brand new.

Top Bottom