• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LAT: Sean Hannity goes on vacation as advertisers drop out of his show

alt27

Not an American , so not sure my option holds any weight , but any time I have seen clips of his show , he comes across a complete cunt

I could absolutely see Hannity leaking it himself just to force Fox's hand and be like 'well, ok' because I really think he wants to be fired, not quit

Korey

But the advertiser exodus from “Hannity” does not appear to be gaining the kind of traction that led to O’Reilly’s demise. Mercedes Benz issued a statement Thursday saying it has no plans to move its commercials out of the program

“[The] rule of thumb is that we do not pull our ads based on editorial content,” the company said. “Our feeling is that a variety of viewpoints is part of the natural discourse that takes place in a free media.”

A Hyundai Motor Company spokesman told BuzzFeed, which has been surveying companies about whether they intend to keep their spots in Hannity, it has no plans to change its ad buys.

So basically boycott Mercedes and Hyundai.

Ecotic

When Hannity is fired Fox News is going to be like the former championship team that is now rebuilding but doesn't have the talent to develop. Tucker Carlson just doesn't have the same smug, smarmy, dirt-baggery quality that O'Reilly had. And putting 'The Five' on afterwards is just a tacit admission that there's not even a prospect worth trying out for the 9 p.m. slot.

It's not gaining traction as quickly as O'Reilly did, but we are slowly seeing it. We're at 10 sponsors in the course of a week. I posted the list of advertisers last page, so if any of them apply to you, start sending e-mails, especially those on the primary list. I think Hulu is pretty close to pulling.

cameron

AP: "USAA says it will reinstate ads on ‘Hannity’"
NEW YORK (AP) — The USAA financial services firm is reinstating its advertising on Sean Hannity’s Fox News Channel program after receiving heavy criticism for its initial decision from many of the military members and veterans that it serves.

The San Antonio, Texas-based company said Tuesday it will also start advertising again on other programs where it had suspended ads, including “Hardball” and “The Rachel Maddow Show” on MSNBC, and Jake Tapper’s “The Lead” on CNN.

Following Hannity’s reporting on a discredited conspiracy theory involving the death of a Democratic National Committee staff member, the liberal advocacy group Media Matters last week posted a list of his show’s advertisers — and USAA was one of 10 to say it was pulling its commercials. At the time, the USAA said the company’s policy was to avoid politically opinionated shows.

But many of USAA’s customers reacted angrily, and it didn’t help when the company’s advertising on other opinion shows was pointed out.
Hannity was due to return to Fox Tuesday following a brief vacation. He had said he would no longer talk about the shooting death of Seth Rich last year following pleas from the man’s family, although his network had retracted an online story about Rich because it hadn’t met its reporting standards.

Ah hell, and they were the biggest ones so far, too. Well, I've sent out emails to all the advertisers that affect me. All I can do about it right now.

USAA coming back into the fold is disappointing, but looks like Hannity is still going on Rich, and he's targeting Rachel Maddie because of her piece on Rich, debunking the claims and calling for a boycott of her sponsors.

https://thinkprogress.org/hannity-c...rgets-rachel-maddows-advertisers-f497a2fca7f3

So basically, Hannity lied when he told Seth's family he would back off?

Someone should tell Seth's family about this then. I'm sure they would love to get to sue Hannity's ass for blatant defamation.

USAA coming back into the fold is disappointing, but looks like Hannity is still going on Rich, and he's targeting Rachel Maddie because of her piece on Rich, debunking the claims and calling for a boycott of her sponsors.

https://thinkprogress.org/hannity-c...rgets-rachel-maddows-advertisers-f497a2fca7f3
Well yeah, Madcow covering the Trump/Russia connection and Hannity covering the Seth Rich conspiracy are basically the same thing! Both Sides Are The Same!

So basically, Hannity lied when he told Seth's family he would back off?

Someone should tell Seth's family about this then. I'm sure they would love to get to sue Hannity's ass for blatant defamation.

Seems like he's mostly keeping his discussion of Rich to Twitter and reposting other stuff. We'll see what his show is like tonight I guess.

Seems like he's mostly keeping his discussion of Rich to Twitter and reposting other stuff. We'll see what his show is like tonight I guess.

Doesn't matter. Seth Rich's parents only backed off of Hannity because Hannity's lawyers convinced him to back off the conspiracy. If he's going back on it so blatantly, ESPECIALLY after Fox News has retracted the story, then he's opening himself up to a lawsuit.

Doesn't matter. Seth Rich's parents only backed off of Hannity because Hannity's lawyers convinced him to back off the conspiracy. If he's going back on it so blatantly, ESPECIALLY after Fox News has retracted the story, then he's opening himself up to a lawsuit.

He has been open to a lawsuit from the moment he opened his mouth. Rich's family should go full Gawker on Hannity, Fox News, and whomever else has been spreading this around.

I know, I was just saying he might be trying to do it more subtly via other platforms. I don't really know what his angle is now, outside just being a lunatic or wanting to get fired or a mix of both

He has been open to a lawsuit from the moment he opened his mouth.

Yes and no. As you would expect, the family sent a formal request to hannity to back off the conspiracy. Hannity's lawyers basically said "you'd best back off this story", so Hannity said on his show that he would back off the story.

But if he is still tweeting about it and shit after both Fox retracting the story and after being specifically asked by the Rich family to knock it off, then he's basically asking to be sued.

If Hannity had just backed off entirely after the family requested, he would have had a decent chance to survive a lawsuit from the family.

Good lord, the amount of responses to USAA is vile. People dropping them after decades of great customer service because of Sean Fucking Hannity.

I have no hope for the right. I have little hope for this country.

Top Bottom