• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Season Pass Prices Increasing in Destiny 2 from Season 21

nikolino840

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/bungie-is-raising-destiny-2-season-pass-prices/

Bungie has announced plans to raise Destiny 2 season pass prices later this month.

Starting with Season 21, Season of the Deep, the price of the standard season pass will increase from 1,000 Silver to 1,200 Silver.

At the new price, players will have to buy two Silver bundles to purchase the season pass, whereas before they’d only need one. 500 Silver costs $4.99 / £4.79 and 1,100 Silver costs $9.99 / £8.49.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/bungie-is-raising-destiny-2-season-pass-prices/
Bungie has announced plans to raise Destiny 2 season pass prices later this month.

Starting with Season 21, Season of the Deep, the price of the standard season pass will increase from 1,000 Silver to 1,200 Silver.

At the new price, players will have to buy two Silver bundles to purchase the season pass, whereas before they’d only need one. 500 Silver costs $4.99 / £4.79 and 1,100 Silver costs $9.99 / £8.49.
Fs6Hik8.gif

STARSBarry

Gold Member

To be fair the only people still playing Destiny are the types of people who deserve to get shafted.

Ar¢tos

Either you are being facetious or you haven’t been keeping up. It’s regularly in the most played charts on Steam. Userbase on console is active too.
I played until year 3 I think, but it was getting harder to find people to play with, all my friends moved on to other things and Bungie was basically re-milking old content, making us do chores to re-get exotics we already had (at weaker light level), so I quit.

StueyDuck

Jesus... literally a couple weeks ago my old clan mates wanted me to jump back in and I hadn't played since shadow something... looked at the price to "catchup" and it was well over $150 and that's not including some season pass. When I ask them what do I need and what will I be missing out on they all seem mixed and confused about what actually has what and what is important for parity to them (who have bought and played everything since day 1)

It was mental.

They need to just straight up wipe destiny 2 and do a hard reset for destiny 3. It has a really awful onboarding process now that I'm just not gonna ever touch

Last edited:

Eotheod

Yeah Bungie (and now Sony I guess) can get fucked. How they handled the game from the start was fucked, making the first DLC lock out the only raid in the game initially because they raised the light level requirements. Which of course you couldn't increase unless you bought the DLC. Add in locking content away because they suck at data management (yet plenty of other games are perfectly fine at retaining content and not limiting) and Bungie truly burnt their bridge with me.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I'm not getting this, can't you buy the season passes in the digital store [Xbox, Steam and PS] without this silver shit. Explain it to me like I'm Aaron Greenberg.

I have not play Destiny 2 (no interest in online multiplayer). It also sucks that prices have gone up.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Probably lost loads of players and they are thinking of strategic ways to fleece the loyal fan base.

Pretty sad to see, they should release a 1200 silver pack for this. Hopefully they announce it soon.

Nydius

So glad I hit the burnout wall with this game with Beyond Light. They're getting as bad as subscription MMOs. Hell, I'd argue that it practically is a subscription MMO if you want all the content because the season system with their FOMO design is essentially a subscription you either pay in three month increments for (or you pay for all up front and hope for the best).

Bond007

Im good- they never respected my time. Outstanding game- but the grind and lack of respect for what has been earned is an insult to the time ive put in throughout the years.
Thus i retired

KiteGr

Season 21?!
How much money did people give to that game?!...
If someone played from day 1, how much money has he/she spent on it up to this point?!

Nydius

If someone played from day 1, how much money has he/she spent on it up to this point?!

Your question intrigued me. So I figured it out. This list makes the following assumptions: A day one player of the first game who has bought every expansion at launch, in the bundle so as to get it slightly cheaper than buying them separately.

It also does not take into account any spending on EverVerse cosmetics. This is just for the game and all its content packs:

• Destiny 1: $60
  • Destiny Expansion Pass: $35
  • The Taken King: $40
  • House of Wolves: $30
  • Destiny 2: $60
  • Year 1 Expansion Pass: $35
  • Year 2 Forsaken w/ Annual Pass Bundle: $70
  • Year 3 Shadowkeep Digital Deluxe (includes annual pass): $60
  • Year 4 Beyond Light Deluxe Edition (includes annual pass): $60
  • Year 5 30th Anniversary & Witch Queen Deluxe Edition (includes 30th Anniversary Pack and annual pass): $100
  • Year 6 Lightfall + Annual Pass Bundle: $100
  • Total: $650.00
Destiny as a franchise is 8.5 years old, so that cost averages out to $76.47 per year, so far.

Last edited:

Lasha

Your question intrigued me. So I figured it out. This list makes the following assumptions: A day one player of the first game who has bought every expansion at launch, in the bundle so as to get it slightly cheaper than buying them separately.

It also does not take into account any spending on EverVerse cosmetics. This is just for the game and all its content packs:

• Year 5 30th Anniversary & Witch Queen Deluxe Edition (includes 30th Anniversary Pack and annual pass): $100
Destiny as a franchise is 8.5 years old, so that cost averages out to $76.47 per year, so far.

I expected a higher total. Destiny works out to around the same spend as yearly FIFA or COD.

Kerotan

This season pass was the best in a long time because they cut out a lot of the bloat. I've 3600 silver so I guess I'm sorted for the next 3 passes.

93xfan

Banned

And once they shut down the servers someday…..

Top Bottom