• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Season Pass Prices Increasing in Destiny 2 from Season 21

mrmustard

Banned
Thanks Jim Ryan
Try to stop him
iI1AxMV.gif

Nydius

And once they shut down the servers someday…..
I’m surprised they haven’t shut down the Destiny 1 servers yet, honestly. Every now and then I like to load it up and run a few strikes or even try to find people for the Wrath of the Machine raid. But I expect it will be gone soon.

Last edited:

zombrex

I don't think any other company has treated their playerbase with more disdain with the way have arbitrarily completely removed, gated and change requirements for content(including paid content), all to underhandedly keep players at such a disadvantage they must buy the latest content to effectively particpate in the game. I'd argue they have the most damaging and exploitive model in all of games as a service titles. Far worse than Ubisoft or Rockstar. Sad how they have got away with it because Bungie is seen as a darling of the industry.
I hope the price raise helps some players to finally move away from this pointless game.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Your question intrigued me. So I figured it out. This list makes the following assumptions: A day one player of the first game who has bought every expansion at launch, in the bundle so as to get it slightly cheaper than buying them separately.

It also does not take into account any spending on EverVerse cosmetics. This is just for the game and all its content packs:

• Destiny 1: $60
  • Destiny Expansion Pass: $35
  • The Taken King: $40
  • House of Wolves: $30
  • Destiny 2: $60
  • Year 1 Expansion Pass: $35
  • Year 2 Forsaken w/ Annual Pass Bundle: $70
  • Year 3 Shadowkeep Digital Deluxe (includes annual pass): $60
  • Year 4 Beyond Light Deluxe Edition (includes annual pass): $60
  • Year 5 30th Anniversary & Witch Queen Deluxe Edition (includes 30th Anniversary Pack and annual pass): $100
  • Year 6 Lightfall + Annual Pass Bundle: $100
  • Total: $650.00
Destiny as a franchise is 8.5 years old, so that cost averages out to $76.47 per year, so far.
Prob triple this for me I’m a sucker for some of the ornaments and I bought game on many platforms

After their last release, I would have thought they had more to work on other than gouging more money from their loyal customers.

Nydius

I just realized I mistyped Rise of Iron as House of Wolves. I have no excuse except I’m a moron.

Top Bottom