• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Season's Beatings: Summer Slam

AE:

Pool 1 Qualifiers
Winners Bracket – PR Balrog
Losers Bracket – TFA RZR Banana Ken

Pool 2 Qualifiers
Winners Bracket – EG| Ricky Ortiz
Losers Bracket – BT| Dieminion

Pool 3 Qualifiers
Winners Bracket – coL.CC| Combofiend
Losers Bracket – WW.MCZ Laugh

Pool 4 Qualifiers
Winners Bracket – WW.MCZ Infiltration
Losers Bracket – coL.CC| Mike Ross

I swear every tournament Combofiend does really fucking amazing in SF4AE pools. Dude has pools downloaded or something.

Dahbomb

Why not? He often finishes top 8/16 in vanilla MvC3. He's nowhere near as bad a player as what people and himself make it out to be.
This has to be a troll because this tournament might be his best placing since vanilla. He has for sure not made top 8/16 more than a couple of times.

Since when? Maybe one or two wnf but certainly not at majors.

Off the top of my head, he finished top 8 in Canada Cup and top 16 in last year's FR. No one in his right mind would think he's a good UMvC3 player but neither is he as goddamn awful in this game as what some make him out to be.

Nert

For a game that is "SO RANDOM", the same people always get top 8 in every freaking major. PR Rog has gotten top 8 in every major hes been in.

Yeah, outside of Mike Ross making it, that's a very predictable list; whatever random elements the game has aren't enough to keep some players from being consistently great at it. This game moving at a faster pace and having more elements in play at any given moment than, say, SF4, doesn't make it inherently random or brain dead. It's just different.

Grecco

Yeah, outside of Mike Ross making it, that's a very predictable list; whatever random elements the game has aren't enough to keep some players from being consistently great at it. This game moving at a faster pace and having more elements in play at any given moment than, say, SF4, doesn't make it inherently random or brain dead. It's just different.

Its funny whenever theres lots of upsets in SF 4 you hear "There were lots of killers! It was bound to happen", when theres an upset in marvel, its "randon random random".

Dont get me wrong the game has issues, but the whole random thing is so overplayed. Pretty sure Yipes has made top 8 now in every tourney hes been to? He dqd himself i think in WB, because he was sick but made top 8 in FR and made top 8 now. Dieminion is another guy that always gets there.

Guess Chris G wasnt in this tournament right? Hes the only name that i dont see in the top8 from the usual suspects.

Then you get things like Final Round, where Justin didn't even make 32.

And he wont make a top 32 ever again if he tries to go back to Iron Fist. That character is ass.

I really really hope that they follow the stream schedule for once (or even run a little late since it's better for me). I only care about AE/MVC so I want to take a long power nap until AE top 8 starts.

I respect the luchador mask haha

AkgRm.png

If only Combo was wearing his usual WNF suit.

For anyone who was look at the stream chat Mr. Wizard pretty much shut down the idea of 3/5 marvel the whole tourney cause the amount of people in the tourney.

Haunted

KoF all day every day

I mean, I enjoy the excellent 2D art and animation as much as the next guy, but man, it's not that great a fighting game to watch, tbh.

Fraeon

I gotta say I don't get the sudoku watch meme. Is it another one of those nonsense things like the "curleh mustache" crap?

Tobe

emp_broke_tier_triforce: In the Empire, we can't afford headphones so we use earmuffs
fucking stream monsters crack me up.
shoutouts to markman for the Triforce Blockers headkrones :lol :lol

Darn I was hoping to watch something other than KOF before the hockey games came on.

I know this isn't the exactly correct thread, but since it did happen during SB, does anyone know who qualified in the ST tournament? I can't find anything.... Maybe they're not finished?

Top Bottom