• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Season's Beatings: Summer Slam

MrDaravon

Is this you, by any chance?

357uno.jpg

I'm not saying or implying he's fraud; and even if I was saying that the fact that obviously it's working for him would prove otherwise. I just don't like how he pins almost all of his hopes exclusively on her. His Wesker is good but still does Vanilla shit, it doesn't seem like he's tried to level him up at all in Ultimate, and his Haggar is not very good either. Viscant's an incredibly smart player, but it doesn't seem like he's put any serious work into leveling up Wesker and especially Haggar. If when his Phoenix died he could pull off some serious Haggar shit with the Wesker assist like Predator, Bum, etc can I probably wouldn't give him any shit.

I think him flip-flopping between different teams when Ultimate came out hurt him, would like to see him figure out if he wants to go Haggar, Doom, or whoever and level them up.

No.

This is why people don't like Viscant. It's not that he uses phoenix, it's that he's been playing that team since vanilla and his Haggar is worse than Combo's Doom. He goes cheap or he goes home.

This says it better than I can. Again obviously it's getting Viscant pretty far, but it's holding him back overall.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Does Viscant even have a Haggar?

No.

This is why people don't like Viscant. It's not that he uses phoenix, it's that he's been playing that team since vanilla and his Haggar is worse than Combo's Doom. He goes cheap or he goes home.

Haunted

Did they clean out the venue beforehand or what? Looks totally dead. Even SFxT got more of an applause than that Marvel final. haha

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Summer Slam has been great for Marvel. Even beats out SS2K12 hype for me, but really both + KVO were incredible and this has been an awesome weekend for stream monstering.

No.

Viscant probably plays more teams than every other player, so yeah your point is kind of invalid.

Good shit Noel! Got that major! I was a little distracted by the RIP MARN chat stream after the second match but I was surprised he recovered after the phoenix tech didn't work. That would have blew my mind.

Grecco

I'm not saying or implying he's fraud; and even if I was saying that the fact that obviously it's working for him would prove otherwise. I just don't like how he pins almost all of his hopes exclusively on her. His Wesker is good but still does Vanilla shit, it doesn't seem like he's tried to level him up at all in Ultimate, and his Haggar is not very good either. Viscant's an incredibly smart player, but it doesn't seem like he's put any serious work into leveling up Wesker and especially Haggar. If when his Phoenix died he could pull off some serious Haggar shit with the Wesker assist like Predator, Bum, etc can I probably wouldn't give him any shit.

I think him flip-flopping between different teams when Ultimate came out hurt him, would like to see him figure out if he wants to go Haggar, Doom, or whoever and level them up.

His Wesker is as far as you can evolve a wesker as possible dude. Haggar i agree. His haggar is fraudulent. But his Wesker is legit.

Tobe

good performance by the evo champ. tho only thing that bothers me about marvel is that there is no definite strategy like in vanilla marvel, logan xfactor lvl1, haggar/tron assist, phoenix.
game is a bit more random than vanilla was imo. still good weekend for the FGC in general.

K.Sabot

Good shit Noel! Got that major! I was a little distracted by the RIP MARN chat stream after the second match but I was surprised he recovered after the phoenix tech didn't work. That would have blew my mind.

RIP Marn is so effective because it's always believable.

MrDaravon

His Wesker is as far as you can evolve a wesker as possible dude. Haggar i agree. His haggar is fraudulent. But his Wesker is legit.

Disagree a bit, but it is what it is. He's got some good tech with Wesker but it doesn't seem like he's taken it any further than he was in Vanilla, and I've seen multiple better Weskers. I think that in part comes down again to his Haggar being ass though, and him still using the Haggar assist like was in Vanilla. I'd like to see him either actually do something with Haggar other than just be an assist like he used him in Vanilla, or pick up someone else. He'd probably get way better mileage out of Wesker either way.

Khal_B

Kind of an anti-climatic end there, especially considering what Marlin Pie did (then again what could top that), but enjoyable event nonetheless.

Grecco

good performance by the evo champ. tho only thing that bothers me about marvel is that there is no definite strategy like in vanilla marvel, logan xfactor lvl1, haggar/tron assist, phoenix.
game is a bit more random than vanilla was imo. still good weekend for the FGC in general.

Or more balanced than vanilla?

Congrats to Noel on the win. He deserves it after putting so much time into the game.
It just means that there are more options in this game and people are still coming to grips with it all.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

You're just mad there's no dhc glitch and that Wolverine can't run through teams like he could anymore.

Grecco

Disagree a bit, but it is what it is. He's got some good tech with Wesker but it doesn't seem like he's taken it any further than he was in Vanilla, and I've seen multiple better Weskers. I think that in part comes down again to his Haggar being ass though, and him still using the Haggar assist like was in Vanilla. I'd like to see him either actually do something with Haggar other than just be an assist like he used him in Vanilla, or pick up someone else. He'd probably get way better mileage out of Wesker either way.

His vanilla setups werent this good. His set ups now are way better. Watch the Evo finals last year so you can see how basic his wesker was.

Ill agree with you on his haggar, but to be honest hes probably put in more time in his doom, but doom assists prolly doesnt do anything vs wolverine or spencer.

In the end he got top 2 in a major. A guy most people thought was done in ultimate. He deserves props.

Anth0ny

Good shit Noel! East coast went ham this weekend, with Noel taking SB and Marlinpie taking SS. Hopefully they can make it out to Toryuken.

Happy to see Viscant doing well again. Low execution teams lets gooooooooooooooo

He said he trolled and talk shit to him or something during the match.

As the person with exceptional hearing and a foot away from both players I can attest that Infiltration and Laugh began talking shit and saying "Woo" after PR Rog decided to call Infiltration a scrub, post-getting hit with Raging Demon during their first match.

remz

Wasn't a great fight to end the tournament, really. had a lot more fun watching the JP stream a few nights ago (gods garden or whatever)

Grecco

As the person with exceptional hearing and a foot away from both players I can attest that Infiltration and Laugh began talking shit and saying "Woo" after PR Rog decided to call Infiltration a scrub, post-getting hit with Raging Demon during their first match.

So wait? PR Rog was talking shit? I thought PR Rog was "Nice guy now".

Top Bottom