• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

mYm|17|

Hiked Rattlesnake trail yesterday.

NnUlRL7.jpg

lO54ycp.jpg

av2k

Hey guys, it's that time again, is there any place you guys recommend for my girl and I to go to when we're in seattle? We absolutely loved Joule, Boiling Point, and The Skillet, any other suggestions would be awesome.

I always recommend Japonessa for sushi. They have an amazing happy hour menu that lasts almost all day. They are across the street from the Fours Seasons Hotel and the Seattle Art Museum (good place to park). Plus you are near Pike's Place Market, etc to explore.

mYm|17|

I always recommend Japonessa for sushi. They have an amazing happy hour menu that lasts almost all day. They are across the street from the Fours Seasons Hotel and the Seattle Art Museum (good place to park). Plus you are near Pike's Place Market, etc to explore.

Japonessa's happy hour has to be one of the best happy hour's in town.
Crazy good deals on their sushi and they give you a lot of food

I went to Porkchop Co. in ballard last week for happy hour and it was really really good.
The fried gnocchi and porchetta dip hit the spot

av2k

Great! Getting in at 8:30, going to Walrus & Carpenter. Then to Staples and Fancy on Saturday night and Hotcakes right after. Was planning on doing Dahlia Lounge for lunch for their crab cakes.

Thanks guys! Really appreciated!

Does Seattle-GAF ever do meetups? Hanging out with other folks from here could be nice.

My girlfriend always recommends this place, but I think I've yet to try it myself. I'll have to check it out soon.

Sol1dus

I start my move to Seattle tomorrow!

Anyboy here do any sort of community work in the city? I'm interested in service around town so I can meet people outside of work and getting to know the community while giving back.

I'm excited for life in the pacific northwest. I heard the weather has been incredible up there.

Phthisis

I start my move to Seattle tomorrow!

Anyboy here do any sort of community work in the city? I'm interested in service around town so I can meet people outside of work and getting to know the community while giving back.

I'm excited for life in the pacific northwest. I heard the weather has been incredible up there.

It was incredible yesterday. Today it's been London-esque and humid as fuck.

TheExodu5

Banned
Currently in Seattle for 2 days. Going to go hiking in the area.

I visited Pike Place (though everything was closed) and Capitol Hill. I went to Lil Woodys for a burger, which was pretty solid.

Any good restaurants you would recommend in the city? Also, what's the best burger in town?

Think I can visit the Valve offices?

leroidys

Currently in Seattle for 2 days. Going to go hiking in the area.

I visited Pike Place (though everything was closed) and Capitol Hill. I went to Lil Woodys for a burger, which was pretty solid.

Any good restaurants you would recommend in the city? Also, what's the best burger in town?

Think I can visit the Valve offices?

8oz on Broadway is pretty damn good.

TheExodu5

Banned
Thanks. Will check out 8oz tomorrow.

Going to go to Joule or Staple and Fancy tonight. Not sure yet.

Man, I don't know if I'd want to own a car in this city. Finding parking is a nightmare.

Went up to Rattlesnake Ledge today. What a gorgeous view.

riotous

Banned
I don't have too much trouble parking in Seattle; but I'm one of the few, the proud.. the willing to spend $10-20 an evening on parking.

cdyhybrid

A car is still helpful. I've generally figured out when it's not worth it to try and find parking though - Cap Hill on a Friday or Saturday night, downtown a few hours before/after a Seahawks game, etc.

That's what the bus/Uber/Lyft/taxis are for.

Brakke

Banned
One my buds has a car2go membership. Seems like a real good way to drive from your neighborhood to Cap Hill on a party night. Then you can get drunk and Uber home.

Trouble

Banned
One my buds has a car2go membership. Seems like a real good way to drive from your neighborhood to Cap Hill on a party night. Then you can get drunk and Uber home.
I've basically given up on car2go at this point. There are never any available when I need one.

riotous

Banned
Reminds me of "Dancing Bare" on Aurora at about 103rd.. I go to the STD clinic every time I drive past and forget to hold my breath.

Brakke

Banned
Oh wow, I've gotta see Hubble 3D there! I wasn't so impressed with their IMAX before when I saw Prometheus and Pacific Rim because the 3D seemed so blurry and dim. I hope it will be a lot better. I've been meaning to check out the updated Cinerama too!

New Cinerama is pretty dope. Seattle quick becoming the premiere movie theatre town.

riotous

Banned
Updated Cinerama is pretty awesome.

Although I sat in the balcony and there's a constant "crackling" sound; I think it's the acoustics of the ceiling bouncing the sound of popcorn and whatnot being eaten / rustled. At first I thought it was the film but realized it was non stop.

Sol1dus

Have you guys been to Pax? This year will be my first time and I'm wondering what I should expect.

Also, I'm totally watching Jurrasic World at that theater

riotous

Banned
Been to 3 PAX Primes.

It's a good time; don't expect to play any upcoming hot titles without waiting hours.. Lots of rude people rushing around, lots of costumes.. Smells like farts.

Brakke

Banned
I went once with no plan and it was kind of cool and kind of sucked. I'm the kind of guy who goes to Times Square in NYC just to marvel at the scale of civilization. It's easy to get that kind of thing at PAX. It's also very easy to accidentally wait in a two hour line for some bullshit game.

If standing wide-eyed and fascinated in the middle of a crowd won't be enough for you, I definitely recommend planning out what you want to get from PAX -- to the booth -- and then laser-focusing on achieving that.

Phthisis

Let's not forget that there's a fun tabletop scene at PAX. I played some Mobile Frame Zero there and did some open gaming with friends. And the panels.

PAX Prime is kind of the opposite of E3, in that I had more fun working my booth than I did as an attendee.

Granted, when I was an attendee I caught swine flu at PAX, but still

I was underwhelemed by PAX when I went, but than I again I go to San Diego Comic-Con almost every year, so I am jaded at such events. However, I was impressed with the stuff you find away form the main floor, the table top gaming, a big room full of old arcade and pinball machines as well as a giant room of open play consoles. Just ask for a game and go try it out. Older and current games but still awesome. To try upcoming games, you wait for hours and get rushed.

Sol1dus

Mmm, I'll keep that in mind for the future then. You guys kinda deflated my PAX hype, even though I wasn't looking forward to playing games. I just wanted to see what the experience was about and see people cosplaying.

PS- Are any of you guys doing the Color Run this Sunday?

Top Bottom