• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Mid April hail.... okay Seattle.

Hi guyse

YLEwTdu.jpg

KRaZyAmmo

I remember there was gonna be a meetup, but i don't he or she ever followed up. There was also no place or time they decided to have a meetup. (i may be wrong)

Stinkles

Do I need to bring my A/C to Seattle?

There'll be days in August where you pray for death.

If you have young kids, you kinda need one, but it's like a city with little snow justifying snow plows. You won't need it much but by god when you do...

I now have central AC, but we had a Sharp portable unit that was amazing. Took our upstairs bedroom (Seattle Gaf knows that 1920 craftsman furnace hell) from high 90s to 60s in less than a couple of minutes. Astonishing and easy to use - comes with an extedning window adapter so you just slide to the right length like a flat trombone, close the window on it and boom.

I would roll it (it's on casters and is mad heavy) into the shower to drain it every now and then. And it's all temporary. Soon as the weather eases off, you roll it out of sight like it was never there. I also like the wall mounted Samsung ones, but that's a bit of construction.

7M2zDHJ.jpg

We've got a couple of the portable AC units from Costco that go in the bedrooms during the summer. Super helpful when everyone sleeps upstairs in a brick house.

I have a couple of little portable ACs as well. I use them maybe one week out of the year but when I use them it's because I really need them or I might die.

Trouble

Banned
I have a portable AC unit, but it does next to nothing to actually cool my top floor living room with a 15' ceiling, there's just too much air to process and it can't keep up. I just set it up blowing straight at me and I don't move for hours at at time.

jb1234

I have a portable AC unit, but it does next to nothing to actually cool my top floor living room with a 15' ceiling, there's just too much air to process and it can't keep up. I just set it up blowing straight at me and I don't move for hours at at time.

Yeah, that's more or less what happens with mine too.

Ourobolus

Banned
Welp apprently the ferry we were gonna get on crashed into the dock on Lopez Island, so that trip didn't pan out, lol

MoPop it is then

finalflame

Gold Member
I remember there was gonna be a meetup, but i don't he or she ever followed up. There was also no place or time they decided to have a meetup. (i may be wrong)

I followed up with a post to gauge interest and absolutely nobody replied/acknowledged it, so I just assumed the freeze is real and continued posting as usual.

I am, like most folks around here, generally down, but almost assuredly not actually going to make it because of kids/job/soccer-injury-randomly-the-morning-of, etc

I'm OK with having a normal winter / spring instead of immediately jumping to 80!

Yep. I want my normal Western Washington April.

In other news, my wife was reading the Seattle Times tonight and there was an article about "Who Is Mike McGinn?"

He was our mayor LESS THAN FOUR YEARS AGO. Are people that forgetful?

Stinkles

Yep. I want my normal Western Washington April.

In other news, my wife was reading the Seattle Times tonight and there was an article about "Who Is Mike McGinn?"

He was our mayor LESS THAN FOUR YEARS AGO. Are people that forgetful?

Also not a secret building developer. Murray is AWFUL.

His solutions to homelessness have massively increased homelessness too.

Also not a secret building developer. Murray is AWFUL.

His solutions to homelessness have massively increased homelessness too.

I'm not the biggest fan of Murray prioritizing developers over people, I see this every day in my neighborhood. This delusional belief that people aren't bringing cars so let's not force developers to provide parking drives me nuts. Please, park your cars all around my house new condo dwellers.

I voted for McGinn last time, probably will again.

Top Bottom