• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second Destiny Beta Thread of 'SMiLE! The Beta's back up! Welcome Everyone!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
h9OFY1V.png

Update 1: The Destiny Beta is live for PS3 and PS4 users

Update 2: The Destiny Beta is now offline for maintenance: https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/491236554472697857

Update 3: The Beta is back up for EVERYONE!

What’s in the Beta
  • Soft level cap of 1 - 8, but you can keep leveling your attributes to level 15.
  • Four multiplayer maps with one gametype (Conquest) though occasionally there's Iron Banner. Make sure to note: you can't unlock multiplayer until you're level 5.
  • The Tower
  • Exploration: Old Russia
  • Five story missions on Old Russia
  • One story mission on the moon that’s locked at the moment. So you can’t play it…
  • One Strike: Sepiks Prime
  • Last-gen download sizes are around 6gb. Nextgen: 12gb.
The need-to-know
  • The Beta will be down for maintenance for July 21st and the 22nd to prepare for the Xbox (360 and One) launch, which will be on July 23rd. Your codes will go out at 10am PDT of the day the beta is supposed to go live on your respective platform. Or you can sign in to your Bnet account and get it there on said day.
  • The Beta will end July 27th at 11:59pm PDT.
  • As far as we know, you can still pre-order throughout the Beta and get a code to download.
  • Those who have pre-ordered codes will get three download keys for their platform of choice. You can share these with anyone you want (friends, family), just be weary they may be region specific.
  • For code-begging, go here.
  • For general pre-order questions, see the OP of this thread. If your question isn’t answered there, ask it in this thread.
  • If you’re still have trouble with your code on the PS3/PS4, check out this post by NeoGAF user Shagg.
  • If you’re looking looking for a great breakdown of the classes in Destiny, here’s a post by NeoGAF user super-famicom that should help you out.
  • Here’s a link to the to the clan thread; ask any questions about clan business and whatnot there. For those confused, it’s not to the community thread. The eventual community thread will morph out of the Destiny OT, just like any other game.
And as always: have fun!

Edit 1: The beta will be shut down for maintenance sometime in the morning PDT time.
Edit 2: Bungie seems to have released an update for the Beta. Check yours!
Edit 3: Bungie's aware of the corruption issue: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122227657&postcount=6689
Edit 4: Xbox troubleshoot: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122228881&postcount=6737

So old Russia is the only map again?

Edit:Nevermind read the op, but how are people taking pics in places that don't look like old Russia? Definitely not the crucible either.

MMaRsu

Banned
Oh shit second thread already. Had some great games witg some of y'all so far. I'll be there Wednesday when hooefully they raise the cap a little bit and put all maps in regular rotation as well, as it's a bit lame to lock Rusted Lands and the mars map behind Iron Banner.

I wont be able to play today anymore, and the beta is offline tomorrow and the day after right?

Good playing with all of you so dar Gaf Guardians :).

Jafo_

I'm sure this was asked in the other thread and I just can find the answer. But where are all the 5 golden chests? I have 4, but I don't know which one I'm missing.

Had a run in with the Pike Raiders in the moth yard of broken ships. Nabbed a slightly used one and tried to pass the "??" guys, but they just destroyed me ;_;

oti

Banned
Went from "this looks interesting, but I'm not that into Halo, so we'll see" to "Day 1" and "maybe I should get a PS4 for this".

Love it.

What's the longest record for playing this game without falling asleep? $60 insomnia therapy.
Western dev's never cease to amaze me with how easily they are able to make bland science fiction

Hoo-doo

Banned
i dunno, the double jump is crucial. gliding doesn't cut it for me.

Double tapping the jump button as a warlock gets you higher than the double jump.

I feel like a chump whenever a warlock or titan fireteam member easily vault themselves over anything yet the double jump seems to come up short every time.

WizzNARD

I really can't wait till the 23rd. Reading these threads and watching everyones videos is almost making it worse.

Just a few more days...

QaaQer

PVP has normalized damage so your Crucible only Legendary weapon with 358 or however much damage does the same as a white weapon with 23 damage.

That's the case for any playlist that says "Level advantages disabled".

Where is this stuff described in game? or do most people just know what that means?

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm going to miss the "Poll" button in front of the thread title. It was always so easy to find the Destiny thread on the front page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom