• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second Destiny Beta Thread of 'SMiLE! The Beta's back up! Welcome Everyone!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

i-Jest

So I servers are dead now. Withdrawal symptoms will be showing any day now. The beta was awesome!!! Do forgive if this has been mentioned but is there any chance legacy data for avatars will carry over into the full game? I don't mind working my ass off to get the stuff I got before but it would be nice to have the stats, inventory, progression and whatnot going into the full game.

Wolffen

While I still have some concerns about the always online requirement for the game, especially for two or three years from now, this was by far the most robust beta on consoles that I've ever seen. I played as much as life allowed (missed the final hour to spend some time with my wife since she's been kind enough to let me play every night for hours), and can't wait to play more. Work will keep me so busy between now and September 9th, I'm hoping the withdrawal won't be too bad.

Thank you Bungie for providing such an expansive taste of the game. While, yes, it remains to be seen how much content is in the final game, I've had enough fun with what was in the beta that I'm sure I'll get my 60$ (well, $100) worth come September.

The game isn't perfect, but it seems like a lot can be adjusted on the fly, and it expect Bungie will deliver on post launch support. See you starside GAF.

It's over, cool. I played a bunch, didn't grind too much, didn't get burnt out at all.

Really enjoyed all activities, gameplay was tight and responsive, really pleased with how the vehicles felt (reminded me that Halo 4 missed some new vehicles. Aside from the Mantis.)

Took me a few matches to get used to the crucible but I really started to love it by the end.

Loved the exploration and was finding secrets and hidden routes even up until today.

Overall I loved the beta and was grateful for the amount of gameplay on offer.

Also, the beta switched off for me on my way back to The Tower... I guess my Warlock never makes it home...

Lefein

Banned
I am sad to see it go for now yet relieved that I fell in love with a game that up until a week ago I knew little about nor wanted to.

Magical stuff. My pre-order is in and i feel as giddy and impatient as a kid anticipating christmas day.

I know this feel. I had no idea how this was going to turn out and it has become gaming Valhalla. I am so impressed that a game with this kind of exposure not only delivered but made me fall in love with it.

I didn't even know what to think of this game before Friday.

MidnightWatcher

Neo Member
d1oZsJU.jpg

From the Final minutes. What a amazing experience!

I'm not great with words but as the late great Colonel Sanders once put it - " I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!"

XaosWolf

You know, I kept thinking "Why am I even spending this much time on this when it'll be wiped anyway?"

Turns out, I didn't care. And now I miss it.

Looks like I'm in come September.

The End

(PS4 - Xaos--Wolf)
(DestinyGAF UK)

I was never able to get a good enough team together to beat that lv 6 firefight, but man that was a fun beta in the few hours I found time to play.

Totally sold me

reKon

Banned
I played like one Crucible match in my entire time playing Destiny. It seems like they were pushing people hard to play it

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
so wait...all that grind plus acquiring some legendary items will be wiped instead of transferred?? or no?

Lefein

Banned
so wait...all that grind plus acquiring some legendary items will be wiped instead of transferred?? or no?

Eh.. The level cap was at 8. From what I saw, Blue-tier equipment didn't even start til level 10. There was hardly anything worth grinding out in the Beta in the grand scheme of things. Hopefully, we will get to keep our characters, but don't count on it.

i-Jest

lol. The Marketing has all been with Sony.
It's PS4 or bust:

68-110-142-03.jpg

It was a PS4 exclusive initially right?

Eh.. The level cap was at 8. From what I saw, Blue-tier equipment didn't even start til level 10. There was hardly anything worth grinding out in the Beta in the grand scheme of things. Hopefully, we will get to keep our characters, but don't count on it.

Having some legacy data going into the full game would be nice. Character, stats, inventory, etc. Please give us something Bungie.

This withdrawal is going to be painful.

Gammacide

Dammit, I had planned on playing for a few more hours later tonight

Goodbye Beta :(

Same here. Had to work both jobs today and was looking forward to playing tonight until the aforementioned 11:59pn PST. :-|

The wait is going to be pretty hard, but the payoff will be immense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom