• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second Destiny Beta Thread of 'SMiLE! The Beta's back up! Welcome Everyone!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuga

Banned
Officially OWARI DA!

10499537_706496906101545_7278319329667734825_o.jpg

Goodbye Beta Hunter. We shall do this again in September.

JTran2003

Was hoping we had til midnight... I don't know what I'm gonna do from now til the release... Still worth taking off early to get some game time in.

Ruze789

That was some really good stuff. Came in around 14 hours for me, which is probably 10 hours more than any game I've played in a year.

Cannot wait for September!

Pejo

Gold Member
Just got the boot. I had a really really awesome time with this game, will be getting it day 1 on release. Actually ended up catching up and playing with some old friends i haven't talked to in over 2 years.

At the end of the beta, I had all 3 classes to level 8, all decked out in greens. I really like Warlock and Titan, Hunter just didn't have any updside for me, other than the cool feeling of knife throwing a 1hit KO on a baddie's head. Bought both the ship and scooter upgrade for my Warlock, he was pimpin' it.

I really can't wait for some new locals and to explore the rest of the earth level. (not expecting Chicago or anything like that, moreso just the dark areas with the level ?? mobs).

Kinda crazy that i had 0 hype for this game, and am generally not a FPS guy, but I've been playing this beta almost all weekend. Well done Bungie!

jett

D-Member
My props to Bungie, this was a fantastic beta, so much content was made available to us, and they even opened it up for everyone! Destiny is a day one.

I have to admit I had a blast with the beta. I am really torn about picking this up day 1. Well done Bungie. This game wasn't even really on my radar this year.

If you had a blast with the beta, which is just a small snapshot of the full release, why are you still torn?

Xevren

Sucks it's over but I had a hell of a time with it. Game wasn't even on my radar now I'm going to buy it for sure. Kudos Bungie.

RyudBoy

Damnit, had dinner and just tried to jump back on just now only to find that it's over. Oh well, had fun with it. Can't wait for Sept 9.

Yeul

Awwww man I'm glad it's only a little more than a month away, I had so much more fun in the beta than the alpha. Once I got into the swing of things on Crucible I was like a mad woman lol. It was so great. I can't wait to see the other locations. Add me on PSN DestinyGAF, the ID is Quorra!!

Ryuuga

Banned
The first beta I played exclusively from start to finish date. Great job with the game Bungie staff! Looking forward to release.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
She will be reborn, Warlocks will RISE ONCE AGAIN!

Cv6TFvA.jpg

GONNA GO NOVA BOMB some tears now ; ; watch the void I create, might suck you in!

Well, now that the beta is over, I love the PVE aspect of the game. There really isn't much I would change about it. I think loot could probably be handled better and public events seem pretty pointless since I rarely ever see more than 2 or 3 other people in any given area in explore mode. Not to mention they don't show up very often at all. Outside of that though I don't have any major issues. The mission structure is good for the most part and co-op works really well. Strikes are really fun too and I expect raids to follow suit.

As far as PVP goes. I enjoyed it for the most part but if Bungie wants it to have any sort of longevity they need to make some relatively major balance changes in my opinion.

Auto rifles need a pretty significant nerf while hand cannons and pulse rifles need slight buffs. The range and general utility of the shotgun needs to be toned down slightly as it has a tendency to either one-shot or deal crippling damage from pretty extreme ranges. The aim assist and bullet magnetism on the golden gun needs to be lowered just a tiny amount while it needs to be lowered quite a bit on the sniper rifles.

I also think special ammo in general needs to be a little more rare. From my understanding it was already lowered from alpha to beta but even still it's pretty crazy that I can go from 0 to 20 special ammo in less than 10 seconds assuming I know where the special ammo crates are. I like that everyone has their own special weapon to themselves but I'd love it if the ammo was a little more precious so that you had to choose somewhat carefully when to burn it instead of running a train with a shotgun for 80% of the match.

I do think they have a pretty good foundation in terms of PVP though. Some map tweaks here and there (Blind Watch) would help but assuming they can get the balance mostly right I can see myself gearing up and playing Destiny's competitive multiplayer for a long time to come. It's mostly just the weapon balance that needs work between now and September.

In the end I had a fantastic time with the beta and managed to put in something like 45 hours. This post may seem a bit overly negative but I loved my time with Destiny and I'm super excited for the full release. Even if they don't make all the changes I want I'm sure the game will manage to steal a lot of hours from me.

gaugebozo

Kinda crazy that i had 0 hype for this game, and am generally not a FPS guy, but I've been playing this beta almost all weekend. Well done Bungie!

I know! Remember after some of the E3 footage, and everyone was like, "eh..." and now it's going to be a very hard wait. I haven't legitimately felt tension in a FPS campaign in quite a while. The loot is going to be fun too :)

EL CUCO

OMG I just had the most awesome comeback in the Crucible ever! After losing for almost the entire game, I put the entire FUGGIN team on my back and said FOLLOW ME TO VICTORY and pulled out the W in the final minutes.

So shortly after the match ends, I hit the share button to save the video clip and the PS4 didn't have the prior 15 min saved in the system...WTF?! Im so pissed! And now the Beta is gone :'(

VxYUApq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom