• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second Destiny Beta Thread of 'SMiLE! The Beta's back up! Welcome Everyone!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
doesn't moaning about threads get you banned ?

ibqE5vudHG97Kp.gif

todahawk

Oh, hello.

Destiny's pretty big. It's the biggest game we've ever made, by far, and we're sort of known for making games you can play for months, years, and even decades if you're a little bit...dedicated.

With Destiny, we're looking to exceed what we've done before, not just in terms of scale - the Moon is our smallest destination - but in terms of scope and breadth of activities. That's true for day one, as you expect, but it also means we want Destiny to have super long legs.

If we're fortunate enough to have you playing months after launch, you still find lots of compelling stuff to do. That will manifest itself in a myriad of ways, from straight up content to cool activities we've yet to show off.

We think we did a decent job supporting Halo, post launch, but we were only ever able to cater to the competitive set. That left a lot of players out in the cold. That made a lot of the team grumpy. We wanted to do better. So, Destiny is philosophically built support every type of player, and all modes with ongoing activities and events. We look at it quite a bit like television programming, as opposed to a singular film, as we had in the past. We think it's gonna be pretty great, but we wanted to test out a bunch of our new stuff with Beta, to make sure we could flip knobs and levers live, reacting and responding with lots (and, ho boy, did we see LOTS) of players online and playing.

Beta was water wings. Level 8 is nothing. You barely scratched the surface, and it seems like some folks had fun with what was there.

If you did, good news. More soon.

Fuck yes. I love the flow and ease of switching between PvE & PvP. I hope it does have legs but I couldn't get enough of the beta... Destiny has it's hooks in me deep.

Oh, hello.

Destiny's pretty big. It's the biggest game we've ever made, by far, and we're sort of known for making games you can play for months, years, and even decades if you're a little bit...dedicated.

With Destiny, we're looking to exceed what we've done before, not just in terms of scale - the Moon is our smallest destination - but in terms of scope and breadth of activities. That's true for day one, as you expect, but it also means we want Destiny to have super long legs.

If we're fortunate enough to have you playing months after launch, you still find lots of compelling stuff to do. That will manifest itself in a myriad of ways, from straight up content to cool activities we've yet to show off.

We think we did a decent job supporting Halo, post launch, but we were only ever able to cater to the competitive set. That left a lot of players out in the cold. That made a lot of the team grumpy. We wanted to do better. So, Destiny is philosophically built support every type of player, and all modes with ongoing activities and events. We look at it quite a bit like television programming, as opposed to a singular film, as we had in the past. We think it's gonna be pretty great, but we wanted to test out a bunch of our new stuff with Beta, to make sure we could flip knobs and levers live, reacting and responding with lots (and, ho boy, did we see LOTS) of players online and playing.

Beta was water wings. Level 8 is nothing. You barely scratched the surface, and it seems like some folks had fun with what was there.

If you did, good news. More soon.

He kinda doesn't say anything about the primary reason that thread was created. Just the later 'less than a day' of content hysteria.

Oublieux

3 one shot kills at ridiculous ranges? Yeah totally lame o_O

The Hunter's startup animation sequence is what kicks it down a notch for me; granted, I believe that it's because it's not my play style.

I'm typically a gung-ho, reactionary player. The Hunter--although I had TONS of fun with the class--is neither. Down the line, I imagine The Hunter capitalizes on being sneaky/crafty and the super reflects that. You initiate the super ahead of time then drop unsuspecting enemies. Unfortunately, that's just not me... I'd rather bum rush with an assault rifle and then launch a quicker super in the heat of battle.

jett

D-Member
Nooo my last beta match will be on the effin moon. As soon as this is over I'm going on an epic dance party at the tower. Destiny PS3 bitchz

The Hunter's startup animation sequence is what kicks it down a notch for me; granted, I believe that it's because it's not my play style.

I'm typically a gung-ho, reactionary player. The Hunter--although I had TONS of fun with the class--is neither. Down the line, I imagine The Hunter capitalizes on being sneaky/crafty and the super reflects that. You initiate the super ahead of time then drop unsuspecting enemies. Unfortunately, that's just not me... I'd rather bum rush with an assault rifle and then launch a quicker super in the heat of battle.

Might I interest you in a warlock class?

RdN

15 minutes to go, gonna squeeze my last Crucible match.

And, just to add.. I appreciate Urk's response, but it does nothing to alleviate the fears that many are having. It's easy to say there's going to be content.. But I believe people right now need something more concrete.

Frostburn

I just can't play anything else besides Hearthstone super casually now that it's over :( I have plenty of amazing games to play but I just don't have the drive to really play anything else. My wife is happy I'm not taking up time on the main TV again but meh, guess I can keep plugging through Divinity on PC while I wait for September 9th.

someday

Banned
I'm going to work on my backlog until Sept 9 because it's apparent that nothing else will get played after Destiny comes out. TLoU:Remastered will be fun too. I might even try multiplayer this time.

I'm going to work on my backlog until Sept 9 because it's apparent that nothing else will get played after Destiny comes out. TLoU:Remastered will be fun too. I might even try multiplayer this time.

The mp in TLOU was pretty good. I ditched it after the Interrogation Mode patch made almost unbearably buggy, but I've heard good things since then.

Karl Hawk

Banned
How do you increase your vanguard rank? And what does it do?

Completing PvE bounties. From what I've seen, it can take a long time to Vanguard ranks. Hope Bungie fixes that in the retail version.

Anyway, Vanguard ranks makes you eligible to buy weapons from the Vanguard quartermaster.

Mindlog

Completing PvE bounties. From what I've seen, it can take a long time to Vanguard ranks. Hope Bungie fixes that in the retail version.

Anyway, Vanguard ranks makes you eligible to buy weapons from the Vanguard quartermaster.
The Assassination beacon missions are key. It gives you the traditional faction points and a whole bunch of extra Spinmetal. I think my character had ~150 pieces of Spinmetal in inventory before the beta ended.

jurgen

You hit Rank 5 in Vanguard? Good God man. Was 5 the cap?

I don't think there is a cap. I'm almost at 6 and my Cryptarch rank is 15.

I've just been grinding to get my Grimoire as high as I can (at 770 now) to see if any more lore cards unlock. I'm kinda fascinated by the setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom