• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second Destiny Beta Thread of 'SMiLE! The Beta's back up! Welcome Everyone!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

BokehKing

Banned
Has this been talked about yet? bungie at E3 2013 or around the time of E3 was saying things like "oh see all that out there? you can actually go there!". Was that really all all a lie? The terrain in this picture in the skybox looks just like the terrain across the water in the destiny demo that the employee said we could go to =/

Did the games scale get nerfed since then or something?

its been talked a bout in the other thread that snowballed into a utter mess.

That guy didn't even know what he was saying half the time in the video
"I was told I can't jump off here"
yeah, because you will die

He didn't know what he was saying, should they have corrected him after the fact? yeah probably, but who would have thought people would cling to every word like that.

And of the day, people are acting like bungie robbed them, when all they have really done is make an awesome game.

malfcn

I'll miss them..

chroma vow helmet 44 melee speed
chroma vow iv gaunt 36 reload
chroma vow iii 42 auto amo
chroma vow iii 32
cyndonia ar3 62 dmg ads
copperhead 62 grenade cooldown

Especially that Cydonia.

rezn0r

after the immaturity of the fans today jumping to conclusions I would have ended it today too. I mean come on you have people taking screen shots of canceling their pre-orders, its really quite sad.

which i don't understand at all. i want the retail version out TOMORROW - this has been awesome.

I'll miss them..

chroma vow helmet 44 melee speed
chroma vow iv gaunt 36 reload
chroma vow iii 42 auto amo
chroma vow iii 32
cyndonia ar3 62 dmg ads
copperhead 62 grenade cooldown

Especially that Cydonia.

This is the Cydonia I miss...from the Alpha :(

iqmAbI6WgNMCM.jpg

I lost of a lot of respect for GAF today because of some of the responses today. Reddit is normally full of unreasonable hate towards GAF, when they said that Destiny thread was full of overreacting they were right on point.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I lost of a lot of respect for GAF today because of some of the responses today. Reddit is normally full of unreasonable hate towards GAF, when they said that Destiny thread was full of overreacting they were right on point.

GAF has become a borderline Gamefaqs tier community. The recent threads on Destiny, The Order, Watch Dogs, The Last of Us, hell, every fucking racing game have all been embarrassing.

jett

D-Member

That thread is an embarrassment. I don't know what's going on with this forum but lately it's behaved like a cesspool for cynicism.

after the immaturity of the fans today jumping to conclusions I would have ended it today too. I mean come on you have people taking screen shots of canceling their pre-orders, its really quite sad.

I haven't even ventured into the other thread, or kept it with this one much since the "news" came out.

It seems like a small group of people have been waiting for any kind of "bad" news to act like a bunch of loons. Weird to see.

OneUh8

The sad thing is we are seeing this sort of behavior with any big title lately. The Order, No Man's Sky, TLOU all come to mind recently. People are always quick to jump to conclusions. I am in the mindset where I won't come to any conclusion until the game is released. We still do not know how much content will be in this game at release. We just have no idea yet. I have put over 30 hours just into this beta alone. That tells me all I need about the game.... It is fun! They have my money.

its been talked a bout in the other thread that snowballed into a utter mess.

That guy didn't even know what he was saying half the time in the video
"I was told I can't jump off here"
yeah, because you will die

He didn't know what he was saying, should they have corrected him after the fact? yeah probably, but who would have thought people would cling to every word like that.

And of the day, people are acting like bungie robbed them, when all they have really done is make an awesome game.

Ok thanks. I really never had any issues with the beta and think the scale is pretty huge if every planet has a space like cosmodrome / moon. Sept 9 is going to take awhile to get here...

viveks86

From the other thread:

Oh, hello.

Destiny's pretty big. It's the biggest game we've ever made, by far, and we're sort of known for making games you can play for months, years, and even decades if you're a little bit...dedicated.

With Destiny, we're looking to exceed what we've done before, not just in terms of scale - the Moon is our smallest destination - but in terms of scope and breadth of activities. That's true for day one, as you expect, but it also means we want Destiny to have super long legs.

If we're fortunate enough to have you playing months after launch, you still find lots of compelling stuff to do. That will manifest itself in a myriad of ways, from straight up content to cool activities we've yet to show off.

We think we did a decent job supporting Halo, post launch, but we were only ever able to cater to the competitive set. That left a lot of players out in the cold. That made a lot of the team grumpy. We wanted to do better. So, Destiny is philosophically built support every type of player, and all modes with ongoing activities and events. We look at it quite a bit like television programming, as opposed to a singular film, as we had in the past. We think it's gonna be pretty great, but we wanted to test out a bunch of our new stuff with Beta, to make sure we could flip knobs and levers live, reacting and responding with lots (and, ho boy, did we see LOTS) of players online and playing.

Beta was water wings. Level 8 is nothing. You barely scratched the surface, and it seems like some folks had fun with what was there.

If you did, good news. More soon.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That thread is an embarrassment. I don't know what's going on with this forum but lately it's behaved like a cesspool for cynicism.
It's been really bad today in particular for some reason. I've been here a long time. I love this community and have made some good friends here but lately it's been tough to even discuss certain games.

BTW who wants to party up in Crucible for the last hour?

jurgen

Hit Vanguard Rank 5 before all this comes crashing down. This was my reward.

DyR307m.jpg

Going to be going through some serious PvE withdrawals for the next month.

Karl Hawk

Banned
It's been really bad today in particular for some reason. I've been here a long time. I love this community and have made some good friends here but lately it's been tough to even discuss certain games.

The summer drought is real.

BokehKing

Banned
Ok thanks. I really never had any issues with the beta and think the scale is pretty huge if every planet has a space like cosmodrome / moon. Sept 9 is going to take awhile to get here...

yeah I know >.<
I'm hoping diablo 3 carries me over until then though, it probably will, I'll just as easily get lost in that, grind/loot/kill lots of enemies, repeat

viveks86

Wish I could. Got loads of stuff to do the rest of the evening. My last experience of Destiny is going to be when they kicked us out and tweeted "Did that hurt? No worries. Try again. Mwahahahahahaha!" :'(

darthbob

what did he say? :O

Oh, hello.

Destiny's pretty big. It's the biggest game we've ever made, by far, and we're sort of known for making games you can play for months, years, and even decades if you're a little bit...dedicated.

With Destiny, we're looking to exceed what we've done before, not just in terms of scale - the Moon is our smallest destination - but in terms of scope and breadth of activities. That's true for day one, as you expect, but it also means we want Destiny to have super long legs.

If we're fortunate enough to have you playing months after launch, you still find lots of compelling stuff to do. That will manifest itself in a myriad of ways, from straight up content to cool activities we've yet to show off.

We think we did a decent job supporting Halo, post launch, but we were only ever able to cater to the competitive set. That left a lot of players out in the cold. That made a lot of the team grumpy. We wanted to do better. So, Destiny is philosophically built support every type of player, and all modes with ongoing activities and events. We look at it quite a bit like television programming, as opposed to a singular film, as we had in the past. We think it's gonna be pretty great, but we wanted to test out a bunch of our new stuff with Beta, to make sure we could flip knobs and levers live, reacting and responding with lots (and, ho boy, did we see LOTS) of players online and playing.

Beta was water wings. Level 8 is nothing. You barely scratched the surface, and it seems like some folks had fun with what was there.

If you did, good news. More soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom