• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second Destiny Beta Thread of 'SMiLE! The Beta's back up! Welcome Everyone!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

Don't know if this was posted on the OT but some guy on reddit has working Destiny leaderboards for PS4. You have to enter/search for your PSN ID to get your stats to show up on the leaderboard.

Right now, I'm #25 in avg score/game of 5199.41.

EDIT: Forgot the link here: http://destinytracker.com/destiny/leaderboards/ps4

That's pretty damn cool.

Here's my stats:

AOW9SKU.png

nothing amazing but I'll take it.

Kyoufu

Where my titanbros at?

Right here.

Last night I was running around with my shotgun one shotting folks. If my shotgun failed to kill them then my fist certainly didn't.

Best moment was using my Fist of Havoc super on 3 guys capturing the C point on Mars.

Feels good man.

Mindlog

How do you make the PS4 Share feature not suck again?
Just killed the entire enemy team with one rocket and the share video has some random 3 second clip.

Namikaze1

Just had a great crucible match. It was the moon map. Guys left me all alone at Zone A. Whatever. I held my own! 12 kills before being stopped. While the other pursued B and C, I held A! And then after I die, an additional 11 kills before bing taken down. After that, I got too cocky.

Just killed the entire enemy team with one rocket and the share video has some random 3 second clip.

double tap to record. it autosaves after 15 minutes and then i just double tap again. ive saved 95% of my gametime

swnny

Want to pre-order the game for Xbox 360, but all I can find are physical copies. Will there be an option in "Games on Demand" section in MS Marketplace to buy the game digitally?

Altima

Can someone who good at pvp upload their replays on youtube ?

I like playing pvp so much but I cannot reach 1.0 K/D ratio.

Nyx

Played 4 story missions, did some explore quests and tried the Strike mission with two other lvl 6 guardians but we couldn't even reach the 2nd checkpoint.

Also did a match in The Crucible (on the moon) in which I got 10 kills.

Really like the game so far but I'm a bit afraid of how many PvE content there will be when retail hits.

PvP seems like a fun distraction to me from time to time but I want to play this game for interesting missions/boss encounters with 2 of my friends for the most part.

There needs to be a lot of loot/builds/enemies/locations or else I think it might burn out fast.

Also, what's with the bullet-sponge bosses? They so far feel like regular enemies with 100 times the HP, and the only 'tactic' involved seems to be hiding in cover when your hp gets low and then to empty your mags on the boss when you are full on health again.

What do you consider exciting sci-fi then?

Mass Effect trilogy (despite some Spesh Marinsh pitfalls), Borderlands (very unique style), Freelancer, Starcraft (Rednecks in Space! Again the presentation sells it), Homeworld, Shadowrun Returns (Great world and lore). And of course the Blade Runner inspired SNATCHER

This is purely judging by the unique quirks of each world and it's style regardless of quality of storytelling. Destiny the other hand seems like a retread of Defiance which flopped horribly.

EDIT:

Fallout does post-apocalyptic science fiction much better despite the same-y desert environments. Also, 50's Americana!

Sai-kun

Banned
Mass Effect trilogy (despite some Spesh Marinsh pitfalls), Borderlands (very unique style), Freelancer, Starcraft (Rednecks in Space! Again the presentation sells it), Homeworld, Shadowrun Returns (Great world and lore). And of course the Blade Runner inspired SNATCHER

This is purely judging by the unique quirks of each world and it's style regardless of quality of storytelling. Destiny the other hand seems like a retread of Defiance which flopped horribly.

cool thanks for sharing

dralla

You don't, It's completely random it seems. How it's supposed to work, you press the share button, then a press square to save the clip (the previous 15 minutes of gameplay). But sometimes the square prompt doesn't show up for me and I won't be able to do shit.

You can double tap share to record the next 15 minutes of gameplay, but that defeats the whole purpose of the button.

WAT

there are some Halo pros and semis in the top 100 on that leaderboard and im hovering around them.

Am i actually good at this game or is the aim assist spoiling me?

DNAbro

Jesus how do some of you guys play that many games? I've done 28 and I feel like that is too much. I'm trying to make sure I don't get bored by the time the game comes out.

Does anyone who pre-ordered from game.co.uk know how you get your code? I assumed an e-mail but when I pre-ordered was this download beta item in the basket that seemed to do nothing and just links to Game's promo page for the game.

GavinUK86

Does anyone who pre-ordered from game.co.uk know how you get your code? I assumed an e-mail but when I pre-ordered was this download beta item in the basket that seemed to do nothing and just links to Game's promo page for the game.

I got my beta code about a minute after I preordered. Email and on the order page.

Played 4 story missions, did some explore quests and tried the Strike mission with two other lvl 6 guardians but we couldn't even reach the 2nd checkpoint.

Also did a match in The Crucible (on the moon) in which I got 10 kills.

Really like the game so far but I'm a bit afraid of how many PvE content there will be when retail hits.

PvP seems like a fun distraction to me from time to time but I want to play this game for interesting missions/boss encounters with 2 of my friends for the most part.

There needs to be a lot of loot/builds/enemies/locations or else I think it might burn out fast.

Also, what's with the bullet-sponge bosses? They so far feel like regular enemies with 100 times the HP, and the only 'tactic' involved seems to be hiding in cover when your hp gets low and then to empty your mags on the boss when you are full on health again.

should be at least several missions per planet and there are 4 confirmed and more expected. including strikes, raids and explore, there's already much more than Bungie's traditionally done for campaigns. PvP alone sustains people for years, and they have several expansions planned.

Im not worried about content. It just needs to be engaging and replayable.

QaaQer

what platform are you on? I've got a couple of codes for ps4.

Draper

I joined the clan but I'm not sure how that increases my chances of playing with GAF so:

PS4
PSN: cnizzle06

Let's go Destiny bros.

should be at least several missions per planet and there are 4 confirmed and more expected. including strikes, raids and explore, there's already much more than Bungie's traditionally done for campaigns. PvP alone sustains people for years, and they have several expansions planned.

Im not worried about content. It just needs to be engaging and replayable.

I think there will be enough content if you enjoy both PvP and PvE, but I wonder if there will be enough raids, etc to keep end-game PvE content people satisfied.

jaosobno

Overall, I'm very much enjoying the beta, but my main gripe is the story.

It's so vague that it almost feels like I'm playing a Souls game.

It's basically; you were dead for a long time, bot made by a giant alien moon/planet-spaceship revived you and now you must fight the darkness.

Seriously, this game needs more fluff and I hope that storytelling is messy because it's only a beta and they didn't want to give out too much of the story, too early.

Also, WTF is up with the Devil Walker? Exactly, how many rounds, grenades and supers do I have to fire at that guy to get it killed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom