• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Secret Bases confirmed for Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire

Andrefpvs

Look at the globe:

pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-secret-base02.jpg

Could Geonet be back? Oh boy, I hope so!

Yeah this info came out of nowhere on the official site. I saw it through the Bulbanews Twitter. Someone must of stumbled past it pretty fast. On the other hand, CoroCoro leaks won't be as surprising now.

Yeah this info came out of nowhere on the official site. I saw it through the Bulbanews Twitter. Someone must of stumbled past it pretty fast. On the other hand, CoroCoro leaks won't be as surprising now.

They send all of the major fansites press-releases about this sort of thing. Thankfully someone from our news team was online and checking email right as it arrived in our inbox.

roknin

Omfg.

All I need now is confirmation of clothing customization and this will officially be the best game I have ever played before it's even released.

My love for gen 3 was already over the top.

I guess now the Mega Flygon belonging to Aarune theories begin?

25.jpg

Skitty TV.

Quick! Which part of Hoenn is this? :p

1.jpg

Is that tree Cut-able? Sweet, they actually look like they take some effort to get past now!

...In real life we'd probably frown upon cutting down a tree that large just to get somewhere in you adventure, but hey!

I'm probably going to reacquaint myself with the various secret bases throughout Hoenn, but I'm sure I'll find myself back in the tree in the middle of Route 110's lake.

This was pretty much the No. 1 most-wanted feature for these remakes and they've gone the extra mile making the bases extra spacious and ONLINE-ENABLED, and you can use them as your own personal gym. Plus, check out the different setups depending on location (nestled amongst the grass, etc), and there are tons of decorations this time. PERFECTION!

Precisely why I'm excited. I couldn't ask for anything more.

They send all of the major fansites press-releases about this sort of thing. Thankfully someone from our news team was online and checking email right as it arrived in our inbox.

Well shit.

Is this a common thing with games companies? Doesn't seem that common with Nintendo, at least.

Pokemon Company puttin' in work with this and the Google Maps April Fools' and the soundtracks on iTunes. Putting the rest of Nintendo to shame, man.

Yes I know that Nintendo only owns like 30% of the Pokemon Company.

-Horizon-

Those poke dolls are looking good. I think I am partial towards the tree ones myself, the aesthetics are more to my liking than a cave and a bush.

Hatchtag

Banned
GOTY right here man. Based secret bases return.
Now just confirm a Battle Frontier return so we can all be happy.

I spent most of my time in XY farming berries because it was made so convenient.
Now in ORAS I'll be spending my time interior decorating.
Who cares about being a Pokemon master?

Exeunt

If this turns out as great as it sounds, I hope GameFreak actually expands on it moving forward as opposed to stripping it out in the next set of games...

Proven

Dammit, one of my favorite features in Ruby/Sapphire improved. Dammit. I was going to try and not buy this since it's probably releasing within a month of Smash but... dammit.

Nanashrew

Banned
Route 119 may as well be named "My Secret Base is in this area" with the amount of people who usually set one up here.

250px-Hoenn_Route_119_E.png

Above the bottom bridge on the left side of the waterfall is where I would always put my secret base. I still remember it like it was yesterday~

Ah secret bases, the only places that children can seek refuge in after being kicked out into the dangerous wilds by their mothers to become Pokemon trainers. Looks pretty good!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Guess this is all we're probably getting in CoroCoro this week then, shame I wanted to see some more Mega Evolutions.

pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-0708-main-169-us.jpg

Looks a lot more like Max.
A new shop?

I wonder how many of those Pokemon will get Mega Evolutions...

Also seeing a Gen V Pokemon here is sort of weird.

Top Bottom