• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Secret Bases confirmed for Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire

harmonize

The Secret Base love is strong here, I see. :p

Maybe I'll get into them this time.
Making one was pretty much pointless in Gen III since it lacked online, but this? Shit, people have been asking for the ability to manage a gym for years, and this provides something very similar to that.

Fey

Banned
hmmm the games DO look much more vibrant and colourful than XY, which is one of the things I was afraid of after XY's washed out look

This quote makes me so fucking happy
You can use Decorations to create tricks in your Secret Base, decide the rules for what kind of Pokémon battles are allowed there, and make it like your very own Pokémon Gym! Then get ready for other players to come and challenge you!
I've wanted something like this for so long!
Also the overworld's visuals look SOOOO much better than XY.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Some more of said adventurer:

He could be an analogue to the Underground Man (Gen 4), who was similarly involved in matters relating to the Underground.

So nice that they're still supporting the Nintendo DS.

Still interested in the game and will jump back into pokemon with this release, but yikes

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
KIEJ3Rv.jpg

So glad the Camera isnt as zoomed in as XY. But so glad they're expanding on Secret Bases. Decorating my own base in R/S was one of my favorite things about the game.

ohlawd

holy shit megaton.

you people have the worst Secret Base spots

I used the ones on the right side of Fortree and west of Fallarbor.

Azure J

All they need is to confirm the ability to challenge people who randomly show up in your Secret Base gym leader style and this is the best fucking thing ever.

Biochet

Wouldn't it be so fucking cool if gamefreak is thinking about adding random online matchmaking where you enter someones secret base and challenge them?

That would be so fucking cool.

So, basically your own Gym? Cool.

I hope you can pick the look of the trainers there. The main character designs in this game are not that appealing.

QP3

Nice. Just started playing Y again and this increases my hype. Sounds like some great features.

Elija2

Why did they ever get rid of this feature in the first place? I didn't use it much in DPP because I didn't know anyone else with the game but this would have been awesome to do online in XY.

We knew they were coming, but we didn't expect this Super-Secret info dump!
He has a good character design. Moreover, this capture-the-flag business is a good way to spur base visitations, and not just at the whims of local StreetPass. Very smart, Game Freak.

This was pretty much the No. 1 most-wanted feature for these remakes and they've gone the extra mile making the bases extra spacious and ONLINE-ENABLED, and you can use them as your own personal gym. Plus, check out the different setups depending on location (nestled amongst the grass, etc), and there are tons of decorations this time. PERFECTION!
It might not be perfect, who knows, but it's a great evolution of the concept, so long as there's enough tricks to craft and items to acquire for your base. Wallpaper and paint would be even more interesting.

Route 119 may as well be named "My Secret Base is in this area" with the amount of people who usually set one up here.
That's because Route 119 is the best route of all time. OF ALL TIME. I wish I was joking, but no, it's full of life and tons of trainer battles...and a mini-dungeon within itself, not simply connecting to it.

/me is giddy like Castform with ideas for gyms to piss people off.

Top Bottom