• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega and Square Enix Sales on iOS and Android (US)

G0523

Sega and Square Enix are having sales on select games for both iOS and Android devices right now. This is the best time to buy these games since they're not on sale all that often.

Here's the list of Sega games that are on sale (good until January 1):

-Sonic 1 Remastered: $0.99
-Sonic 2 Remastered: $0.99 (FREE on Amazon's App Store for Android!)
EDIT: For some strange reason, users on here and on Amazon say that if you get this from Amazon's App Store, it will only work with Amazon devices like Kindles. It's very strange and frankly mean of Amazon to do that. But if you have a Kindle, then download away!
-Sonic CD Remastered: $0.99
-Sonic 4: Episode I: $0.99
-Sonic 4: Episode II: $0.99
-Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing: $0.99
-Sonic Jump: $0.99

And here's the list of Square Enix games that are on sale (good until January 5):
-Chaos Rings: $2.99
-Chaos Rings II: $3.99
-Chaos Rings Omega: $2.99
-Chocobo Panic (iOS Only): $1.99
-Crystal Defenders (iOS Only): $3.99
-Crystal Defenders Plus (iOS Only): Full Pack: $3.99
-Demon's Score (iOS Only): $2.99
-Deus Ex: The Fall (iOS Only): $0.99
-Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy AR (iOS Only): $1.99
-Drakerider (iOS Only): All Chapters: $7.99
-Drakerider Chains Transcendent (iOS Only): $7.99
-Final Fantasy I: $3.99
-Final Fantasy II: $3.99
-Final Fantasy III: $7.99
-Final Fantasy IV: $7.99
-Final Fantasy V: $7.99
-Final Fantasy Dimensions: $7.99
-Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (iOS Only): $7.99
-Fortune Street Smart (iOS Only): Full Pack: $2.99
-Hills and Rivers Remain (iOS Only): $1.99
-Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (and its HD version): $0.99
-Secret of Mana (iOS Only): $3.99
-Sliding Heroes (iOS Only): FREE!
-Song Summoner: The Unsung Heroes - Encore (iOS Only): $4.99
-Symphonica (iOS Only): All Episodes: $7.99
-The World Ends with You: Solo Remix (iOS Only): $8.99
-Tomb Raider The Original (iOS Only): $0.99
-Vanguard Storm (iOS Only): $1.99
-Voice Fantasy (iOS Only): $0.99

Have fun!

Hell yeah, you bet I'll buy Sonic 1 and 2 remastered. A steal at those prices.

A massive steal. And before someone fusses about touch screen controls 1. They're some of the best, most responsive touch controls, and 2. You can hook up a regular controller to play them anyway. So just buy them already.

Will this still be going on on Christmas? I will be getting my first smartphone ever, an iPhone 5c.

One thing that catches my eye, is The World Ends With You. I have never been able to play this game, due to my lacking of a DS / 3DS. Is the iOS version any good? Also, FFT WOTL is one of my favorite games. Is the slowdown gone natively? I love it on my Vita with the slowdown fix patch, but you can't normally use it since it requires a low firmware exploit to run it. I may dump it off of my Vita in favor of the iOS version if its any good.

Drago

A massive steal. And before someone fusses about touch screen controls 1. They're some of the best, most responsive touch controls, and 2. You can hook up a regular controller to play them anyway. So just buy them already.
Yeah, I've used a Wii remote to play Sonic CD before on my phone and it works fantastically. Only real complaint (which is totally irrelevant) is that there weren't console releases to coincide with these. Oh well.

These will be very nice to have for my plane ride tomorrow :)

graywolf323

Will this still be going on on Christmas? I will be getting my first smartphone ever, an iPhone 5c.

One thing that catches my eye, is The World Ends With You. I have never been able to play this game, due to my lacking of a DS / 3DS. Is the iOS version any good? Also, FFT WOTL is one of my favorite games. Is the slowdown gone natively? I love it on my Vita with the slowdown fix patch, but you can't normally use it since it requires a low firmware exploit to run it. I may dump it off of my Vita in favor of the iOS version if its any good.

yes, the iTunes App Store doesn't update for 2 weeks at Christmas and New Years

Arcayne

I've heard about it all the time, but is Chaos Rings any good?

I cannot speak for Chaos Rings I and Sigma, but 2 is excellent. Each game has an individual story, but are loosely connected by the same "mythos", so you don't have to feel like you need to play the games in chronological order. Story is surprisingly decent/good and the graphics are wonderful for the platform. Battles are a mix between turn-based combat and active time battles, so thats fairly fun. The soundtrack is amazing too. Eh.. ya know, the best way I can describe it, is that it is an actual good spinoff Final Fantasy game.

The only problem I had with the game is that the item names are seriously weird. You'll see if you buy.

Edit: Also, guys, I take it upon myself to say: grab FFT!

I was thinking of picking up the Chaos Rings games, but reading reviews for the first game and Omega, it sounds like there's an awful file integrity check (read: piracy check) that takes a couple of minutes EVERY TIME you start the game? Can anyone here confirm? This sounds horrendous.

Arcayne

I was thinking of picking up the Chaos Rings games, but reading reviews for the first game and Omega, it sounds like there's an awful file integrity check (read: piracy check) that takes a couple of minutes EVERY TIME you start the game? Can anyone here confirm? This sounds horrendous.

Must have been integrated in a newer update as I never encountered such a thing during my quick-playthroughs. I made a post about Chaos Rings 2 up above, I recommend playing only that one and avoiding the other two installments. They are both pretty bad from my experience.

Seik

Banned
Will buy a google play 20$ card tomorrow then, I wanted Sonic 4 ep.1&2 for a while and 2 bucks is nothing.

EDIT: Sonic CD too, and probably the two firsts remasters as well while we're at it. =_=

I assume SoM has a virtual d-pad and thus is awful?

yep

Depending on your patience you can still get thru levels better than trying to jump in Sonic
(speaking from phone experience).

Using a pad may be better, although I haven't tried it yet

DiscoJer

I've only played the PS Mobile version of Chaos Rings (on the Vita) and I would say it's not a very fun game.

Explore dungeon. Combat every 5 feet. Repeat.

I like the character designs, but the game just isn't much fun. Unless you just love JRPG style combat and can't get enough of it.

sikkinixx

What sucks with iPhone/iPad games is I'm always worried about stability. I wanna buy x com and FFT but seeing so many one star "yo this shit crashes" makes me not wanna buy.

Avallon

I just looked into Demon's Score -- it's a rhythm game by iNis, the guys behind Elite Beat Agents. Be aware, however, that all songs, costumes, and characters are locked behind a paywall after the initial purchase.

Murrah

Banned
Everyone pick up the Sonic remasters if you haven't, they're fantastic. Touch screen controls obviously aren't optimal but they never hindered me, and in every other way they're he definitive versions of these games

RichyMtl

Neo Member
Thanks just bought sonic cd, if I get into it, I'll get sonic 2, funny saw on popfiction this morning the updated episode for sonic 2.

Edit: btw how's sonic racing on ios?

last update of secret of mana was 2012... high chance that it doesn't work at all on newer os's lol.

loooking at tactics ipad screenshots... wow is this lazy, its just the iphone version with some borders lol.

think i might get twewy on ipad though... have it on iphone already.... gahhhh

TheMan

i was really hoping that ffvi would be released before christmas, but I think the app store freeze went into effect on saturday. shame.

Peff

Any reason why Sonic 2 MUST be installed in the phone's internal memory? I had to move stuff around because mine isn't too large :-/. Still, once I got it to play I was pretty impressed at how well it runs. Hopefully Sega can greenlight ports for Steam and the rest.

Kirlia

Banned
Definitely get FFIV, if you have any interest in JRPGs at all. Secret of Mana is tough without a d-pad and buttons, and TWEWY has never been my cup of tea, so I can't comment there.

The World Ends With You is an amazing game, but from what I've heard, the DS version is the better version. Whether or not, OP, you make the purchase on TWEWY is up to you, but I really recommend the DS version if you have a DS/3DS.

Rich!

Just bought FFV. Does it have gamepad support? Just wondering because I have a snap on gamepad for my phone (SNES layout) which turns it into a PSP GO of sorts.

The APKs of software you've purchased and installed can generally be found in /system/app/.

Right, but I meant is there a way to download it without a Kindle? My girlfriend has one but I'd need to wait for her to bring it around if their isn't another way to download it.

Top Bottom