• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega and Square Enix Sales on iOS and Android (US)

G0523

Only for Kindle. Can I download the APK of a legally owned title and sideload it on my Nexus 7?

That's really weird and mean of Amazon to do that. I just saw "Sonic 2" and "free" on Amazon and didn't think too much into it. I didn't know they could implement those kinds of restrictions. Thanks for letting us know. I'll reflect it in the OP.

EvaUnit02

Neo Member
Not compatible with my Nexus7 2013? really? ;_;

It is compatible but the Amazon App Store is probably just trying to convince you otherwise:

Snap20131225141640.000659.png

That's really weird and mean of Amazon to do that. I just saw "Sonic 2" and "free" on Amazon and didn't think too much into it. I didn't know they could implement those kinds of restrictions. Thanks for letting us know. I'll reflect it in the OP.

No problem. I bought it anyway (free!) so maybe they'll add compatibility for other devices later.

Rich!

But is it the Amazon App download? Because it seems restricted to only Kindle devices so far.

It's the version I bought on the Play Store for my HTC One a few days ago. Works fine on both.

Not sure why amazon would have one restricted just to the kindle. Hit Taxman up with a PM on sonic retro (he is the one who codes these ports)

Top Bottom