• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Atlus announces TGS line-up

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If you're curious about the last four companies, they rent their booth space out to other people and do distribution services for some other publishers in Japan as well.

Gematsu said:
Sega Titles
  • A Certain Magical Virtual-On (PS4, PS Vita) – Playable, Stage, Trailer, Goods
  • Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation (iOS, Android) – Playable, Stage, Trailer
  • Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone DX (PS4) – Playable, Trailer, Goods
  • Hokuto ga Gotoku (PS4) – Theater, Trailer, Stage, Photo Spot
  • Phantasy Star Online 2 (PS4, PS Vita, PC) – Playable, Trailer, Stage, Goods, Photo Spot
  • Sonic Forces (PS4, XBO, Switch) – Playable, Stage, Trailer, Goods
  • Yakuza Online (iOS, Android, PC) – Theater
  • Yakuza: Kiwami 2 (PS4) – Playable, Stage, Trailer, Theater, Goods, Photo Spot
Atlus Titles
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Deep Strange Journey (3DS) – Playable, Stage, Trailer
5pb. Titles (TGS 2017 Website)
  • Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate (PS4, PS Vita) – Playable, Trailer
  • - Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate will be playable on PlayStation 4. Attendees will be allowed seven minutes to play the game and will walk away with an A4-size ”Status Seal" as a present for playing.
  • Steins;Gate Elite (PS4, PS Vita) – Playable, Trailer
  • - Steins;Gate Elite will be playable on PlayStation 4. Attendees will be allowed seven minutes to play the game and will walk away with a 56mm ”Lab Men Tin Badge" as a present for playing.
  • - Steins;Gate Elite is also listed for Switch on Sega's Tokyo Game Show 2017 website, however, 5pb.'s website nor http://steinsgate.jp/elite/Steins;Gate Elite‘s teaser website has no mention of a Switch version. This was likely an error on Sega's part.
Electronic Arts Titles
  • FIFA 18 (PS4, PS3, XBO, Switch) – Trailer
  • Need for Speed: Payback (PS4, XBO) – Trailer
  • The Sims 4 (PS4) – Trailer
  • Star Wars Battlefront II (PS4, XBO) – Trailer
Nippon Ichi Software Titles
  • Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain (PS4) – Playable, Trailer
Warner Bros. Titles
  • LEGO Ninjago The Movie Video Game (PS4, Switch) – Playable, Trailer
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of War (PS4) – Trailer
Source: http://gematsu.com/2017/09/sega-announces-tgs-2017-lineup

_Ryo_

I thought the persona concert teased more info at TGS this regarding the persona dancing games? Maybe I am remembering wrong.

Phantasy Star Online 2.

I went through the effort to do the English-language custom patching to the Japanese version of the game on my PC to give it a go and I liked it a lot, but that process intimidates a lot of my other friends that I used to play PSO with, and therefore we always just sit back and hope Sega of America will finally announce a North American release. It never comes. It stings even worse seeing the game continue to do well and have a presence in Sega's Asian region trade show lineups, hearing about all of the franchise crossovers the game goes through, and still feeling like Sega hasn't communicated anything substantial about the possibility of a North American localized release in ages.

PSO was my first online game and I have a massive amount of nostalgic love, and by every indication other than the storyline, it felt like PSO2 was a very worthy, very modern update to it...

It's enough of a feeling that it honestly causes me to hold a pretty strong grudge against Sega. I also kind of feel like Sega might be making the right call, because despite seeming to know a lot of people that would absolutely want to play it and appreciate it, I do think it probably would have a tough time finding widespread commercial appeal... But still, I hate that I still can't play it with my friends.

Also, what is Steins;gate Infinite? Is this lineup announcement first mention of it, or was it announced a while back and I missed it? Love me some S;G...

muteki

It's gonna change the game man.
Seriously though, is this a remake of Virtual On? I haven't heard anything about it.
Virtual On + BiriBiri
A-Certain-Magical-Virtual-On_Dengeki_08-22-17_005.jpg

Looking forward to the Index + Virtual On gameplay since first announced.

Don't know if it would ever come out in English though.

Expect it to be a Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku clone if anything.

Which sounds perfect tbh.

Yeah, I already gathered it'll be like this since they are already taking certain things from Yakuza (the Kiwami engine, the city hub area etc.) that it'll for sure basically be a FOTNS skinned Yakuza game. And honestly that should be pretty darn amazing. Can't wait to see more of it and of course Kiwami 2 which is for sure going to get a big blowout in terms of content. So expect a fairly long gameplay and story trailer as per all previous Yakuza games.

Also interested to see what they do with RGG Online, hopefully they shed some light on the next console game as well. Then again, if RGG Online doesn't use the super detailed character model for the main protagonist I'd say its safe to assume they'll be saving that for the next PS4 game.

Your words, they hurt very much.
I can see why they hurt, but they shouldn't be surprising. When they announced it they basically said they were just starting, so maybe next TGS? Maybe after that even.
I thought the persona concert teased more info at TGS this regarding the persona dancing games? Maybe I am remembering wrong.
I seem to remember the opposite; I thought they said there wouldn't be any information any time soon.

Also interested to see what they do with RGG Online, hopefully they shed some light on the next console game as well. Then again, if RGG Online doesn't use the super detailed character model for the main protagonist I'd say its safe to assume they'll be saving that for the next PS4 game.
Wasn't it confirmed that the artwork shown for the protagonist is from RGG online?

Or am I remembering it incorrectly?

_Ryo_

Expect it to be a Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku clone if anything.

Which sounds perfect tbh.

Yes, that would be perfect. Itd mean an incredibly indepth story, a ton of funny, sad, happy, violent, sidequests and a plethora of mini games.

I just dont want it to be like that lifeless Beserk game and be just a beat em up.

Wasn't it confirmed that the artwork shown for the protagonist is from RGG online?

Or am I remembering it incorrectly?

He's being used for more than just RGG Online. He's the new poster boy for the series going forward, so we should be getting a console game with him in at some point. Probably won't really hear that much until next year though since the studio is probably focusing on Kiwami 2 and FOTNS at the moment.

He's being used for more than just RGG Online. He's the new poster boy for the series going forward, so we should be getting a console game with him in at some point. Probably won't really hear that much until next year though since the studio is probably focusing on Kiwami 2 and FOTNS at the moment.
Yes I realize that, I just meant that in the following image, wasn't it said that the left is a render demonstrating what he'll most likely look like in the console games while the right version is what he'll look like in the online game?

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIJkUakVwAA3PJe.jpg:orig[/IMG]

Yes I realize that, I just meant that in the following image, wasn't it said that the left is a render demonstrating what he'll most likely look like in the console games while the right version is what he'll look like in the online game?

That was my understanding as well.

Top Bottom