• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Atlus announces TGS line-up

Yes I realize that, I just meant that in the following image, wasn't it said that the left is a render demonstrating what he'll most likely look like in the console games while the right version is what he'll look like in the online game?

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIJkUakVwAA3PJe.jpg:orig[/IMG]

Yeah, that's what I understand as well. With that said, I really do want to see what they do with Online. If nothing else, the artwork and story seem decent so far.

wait a minute there's a danmachi game? And its action RPG?? YES PLEASE! Now if only I can get my hands on that megaman-like konosuba game.

Cornbread78

Website)•Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate (PS4, PS Vita) – Playable, Trailer
•- Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate will be playable on PlayStation 4. Attendees will be allowed seven minutes to play the game and will walk away with an A4-size ”Status Seal" as a present for playing.

This will never make it west since Bamco doesn't have the license, will it?

Aki-at

Awww I thought Fist of the North Star was going to be playable.

Oh well can't wait to try out Kiwami 2 and Virtual On at least. HYPE!

"I don't know what biri biri is but from that art.....
No."

It's tied to a shitty Japanese light novel series, but if it still plays like VO, whatever.

FiveSide

Banned
I'm still not sure if A Certain Magical Virtual-On actually exists, or if it's just some kind of mass hallucination. It's so...bizarre. But hopefully will turn out fantastic.

If I had to guess, SMT HD is waaaay down the production line. I don't think we'll see info for that anytime soon. If we do, I'll be happy to eat crow haha

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I would place more faith in Sony's pre TGS conference than actual TGS

Linkura

Atlus at TGS:
IpDAgCi.gif

Kiwami 2 playable should be good to see. Shame that Atlus lineup is so very dry though. I do appreciate that they're busy on SMT HD and working on new IP. Also, 13 Sentinels is...nowhere to be found yet again.

I at least expected Dancing to be there considering it's supposed to be out next spring.
I'm guessing the dancing games are going to come out at the end of spring, so June (or May if we're lucky.) If that's right, we won't see a lot of those games until the end of this year even if they do a longer PR window of seven months.

Jb

I'm guessing the dancing games are going to come out at the end of spring, so June (or May if we're lucky.) If that's right, we won't see a lot of those games until the end of this year even if they do a longer PR window of seven months.

That would be my guess as well. I imagine they'll also space out the release of 3 and 5 so they don't cannibalize each-other's sales.

But I thought it was a 2018 game?

Look at Yakuza 6 as an example - the game was announced with Kiwami 1 a couple of years back, but bar a few very small vids showing off the basic concept of the new engine, and one tech demo we basically saw nothing of the game until around TGS 2016 where tons of info was dropped. So assuming Shin is a 2018 game we might get some info, but we probably won't get a big info blowout until next TGS (2018) assuming its a December 2018 game. Heck, with FOTNS due out, we could just get remasters of 3-5 next year and then Shin RGG sometime mid 2019. Just guessing on my part though.

Yes but why advertise your 2018 game when you can advertise your 2017 game?

And Hokotu ga Gotoku.
Look at Yakuza 6 as an example - the game was announced with Kiwami 1 a couple of years back, but bar a few very small vids showing off the basic concept of the new engine, and one tech demo we basically saw nothing of the game until around TGS 2016 where tons of info was dropped. So assuming Shin is a 2018 game we might get some info, but we probably won't get a big info blowout until next TGS (2018) assuming its a December 2018 game. Heck, with FOTNS due out, we could just get remasters of 3-5 next year and then Shin RGG sometime mid 2019. Just guessing on my part though.

I see.

Atlus at TGS:
IpDAgCi.gif

As a non-Persona fan that doesn't own a 3DS, this is pretty much how I feel about them all the time. They can't even release ROMs competently.

Still waiting for Nocturne and DDS1/2 PS2->PS4. Or are they gonna wait until PS5 is out like they did last gen?

Does the fact that Kiwami 2 will be playable mean that we might actually get it in 2018?
I keep hoping they'll reduce the lag time between JP and NA releases, but probably not.

I still can't get over how Sega thought it would be a good idea bringing Virtual On back by making it a Certain Magical Index tie-in.

Blue-kun

I still can't get over how Sega thought it would be a good idea bringing Virtual On back by making it a Certain Magical Index tie-in.

It's either that or Virtual On not coming back at all, most likely. And from everything they've showed so far, it does seem to be a proper Virtual On game, with Index flavour on top of it.

If the gameplay holds up, and if the music's good, I don't think Index will be able to ruin it. Also totally on that train, bring on more Bacharon, SEGA!

Steins;Gate Elite? What the heck is that? I haven't even finished Steins;Gate and now there is another better version?
They haven't really said much about it other than there will be story revisions. It remains to be seen if it will be better, but I would still finish the original if I were you. Probably won't see a localization until 2019 at the earliest, assuming they do (though why wouldn't they, it's their most popular sub-series)

Evilkazzzz

Neo Member
Just give us Phantasy Star Online 2 in the west.

Please. Just localize it for PS4 and PC. You can skip the vita version Sega.

poodaddy

"I don't know what biri biri is but from that art.....
No."

It's tied to a shitty Japanese light novel series, but if it still plays like VO, whatever.

Fair enough, and point received. I guess it's the best we're gonna get.... and that's really sad.

flashman92

Neo Member
The Virtual On crossover makes me laugh every time I see it brought up again. But if latching onto modern manga and anime series is what it takes to revive Sega's classic franchises, I'll take it.

Also fingers crossed for a new Puyo game

Still no word on PSO2 making it to the west?

I gave up on that dream a long time ago. Monster Hunter: World will be the final nail in that coffin of "fucks given" for me. I must have put over 1,000 hours into the Dreamcast and Gamecube versions of PSO. You could have had me again, SEGA!

mas8705

*Sees PSO2*

YOU S.O.Bs! Stop playing with my emotions! It is bad enough that Capcom is screwing with people about "Monster Hunter on Switch" for the west, but I don't need to be reminded how you still have never gotten around to bringing over PSO2 over to us when you released it in Japan last year on PS4!

*get struck with a tranquilizer and goes to his happy place*

Also I'm a bit shocked that they aren't going to showcase the Persona dancing games. You'd think if the game has a "Spring 2018" release window, they can at least have one or two dances from both games available for people to try.

Top Bottom