• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA registers Shenmue HD domain

epmode

Yeah, I wouldn't want to play the dub again after having Japanese voices in the second game.

I've heard that the Japanese track isn't acted very well. I don't care. At least I'm not 100% certain that it's awful like I am with the English track.

(As long as we're dreaming, I'd love a new dub spoken in appropriate languages. Mostly Japanese in the first game, Chinese in the second.)

Byvar

This is fantastic news, I've been waiting to find those sailors in HD.

Though the news also made me sad because the first thing I did after reading it was
check the whois page for skiesofarcadiahd.com
. :(

Piichan

Banned
Awesome news. I'm interested in Shenmue 3, but don't want to play it before playing the first two games. This makes it much easier for me.

koutoru

If this does happen, it'll be interesting to see some in depth comparisons between the ports and the existing versions.

3r8Un.gif

v7c1kEZ.gif

PS4/Switch? :O

Boke1879

Considering that Shenmue 3 is coming to PS4 and PC, yes, releasing 1&2 HD on Switch would be pure insanity. Unless its PS4, PC, Switch multiplat release.

I can see this. If that quote in the OP about a reveal being soon. The only event that's soon is the Switch event.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Why are we convinced that this is meaningful or even legit? Creation date says September 2016, and how do we know it was Sega that registered it? The article says Sega is mentioned in the registration but the linked Whois search doesn't mention Sega at all... What am I missing

Edit: refreshed the Whois search a few times and more info appeared; weird. Still not convinced this is real since you can make domain registrations say whatever you dang well please, but I would be onboard if it's real

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
People asking for the JP dub...whut. The JP dub is terrible. Weird performances, childish dialog, it is just as bad as the English

EBreda

If this is Switch exclusive I'd cancel my SM3 kickstarter contribution if that was somehow possible.

Fucking hate 3rd party exclusives.

Dinjoralo

Hmm... I'm starting to regret spoiling the game for myself a while back. Ah well, I barely remember most of that. Bring it on!

Top Bottom