• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA registers Shenmue HD domain

Eiji

3r8Un.gif

v7c1kEZ.gif

Shenmue HD with HDR!

SnakeEyes

Banned
As someone who didn't play the original Shenmue games, HOOK IT RIGHT INTO MY VEINS!

Solely off the back of Michael Huber's 2015 E3 reaction XD

Vamphuntr

Why the fuck hell would it be Switch Exclusive? I thought they want this thing to sell well.

It never really sold that good in the first place which is why the 3rd game was never greenlit by Sega.They were apparently really expensive to make compared to the audience that bought it.

The kickstarter for Shenmue 3 was for PC/PS4 so I expect these at the very least.

Skunkers

Nothing at all. Anyone thinking this is a switch exclusive is clearly delusional.

I think it's coming up because the article states that with Sega these things usually immediately precede an actual announcement, and the Switch reveal conference is in a few days on Jan 12. Doesn't mean it's exclusive at all though, and I hope not. I need this on PC.

Assuming SEGA of Europe isn't simply registering this domain ahead of anyone else wanting to sell it to them later, I'm excited...very much so. I've been wanting to replay the original for a while now, let alone try the sequel, and I think SEGA (of Europe, likely) has every reason to put their all into this.

Skunkers

Good. Also add the ability to transfer save files over to Shenmue 3.

I would guess that's in Yu Suzuki's hands. The games will have save files, the onus is on the Shenmue 3 devs to make the game able to import them; at least beyond licensing issues, but one would think that's settled since Sega is letting him work on the IP.

Lime

Finally it's time for me to see what all the fuzz is about.

I love all the love in this thread as well <3

Plz no major catastrophes before the announcement.

I also just finished Life is Strange so I guess it's kismet.

Edit: Jesus Christ.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Shenmue I and II are my favorite games of all times.

Not only will I buy a remaster, I will buy it for all platforms, even ones I do not own. I will always support shenmue Sega! please Please PLEASE

jmizzal

Has there been a Switch rumor for this or something? I'm expecting PS4 and PC only since that's what Shenmue 3 is.

Its because this is popping up right before the Switch event is why people are saying that, thats what usually happens, something is registered and the next event its announced

Sega Europe huh? Well then I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first PC port of a classic console title they announce this year. It'll probably be digital only even if it's multiplat.
I'd be so disappointed. This isn't what I've been waiting for.

Would still buy if they fix the controls, they've aged pretty badly.

Top Bottom