• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA Superstars.... Tennis? Wii / 360 / PS2 / PS3 / DS

Wizpig

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
I'm going to try again tonight to beat Alex Kidd. If I can't, I'm trading this game in tomorrow. I can't take it anymore.
Dude, is your Difficulty Level set on "Hard" or something?
I beat him on "Normal" at the first try and i'm an average [less than average, maybe] player.

painey

Alex Kidd is harder than most but every single character is a cake walk to beat, this game is designed for kids. Just serve volley, you cant be beaten at the net.

Kolgar

cjelly said:
Now get the 8,000 points Space Harrier level done. :lol

Ha, I did that one like my second try.

It's the later Sonic stages that have my homicidal instincts rising. Avoiding all those bombs and power balls while collecting enough rings to clear the level is taking years off my life.

Almost.

Urk, major problem with the Wii version. When playing as Tails, he'll occasionally completely lock up after missing the ball. I've only noticed this happen in exhibition doubles. Anyone else have this problem? I'll be stuck watching the computer player trying to volley by its lonesome while I just float, frozen by the net. After the point ends I'm free again. Hopefully it's just my disc so I can get it replaced?

Kolgar

Is that the one where you have to tag the colors perfectly to collect the graffiti "souls"?

A fellow GAFfer told me you need to color the tags without missing a shot and then a little robot-toaster-looking guy pops out and you have to collect him.

It's a bear, I haven't yet girded my loins to try it again either.

KLoNe

Banned
Wizpig said:
Dude, is your Difficulty Level set on "Hard" or something?
I beat him on "Normal" at the first try and i'm an average [less than average, maybe] player.

Is this what's going on? I noticed that it defaults to HARD, and yes, I was getting my ass handed to me. Dumbing it down to easy is far too easy, but medium is fine guys.

Wizpig

KLoNe said:
Is this what's going on? I noticed that it defaults to HARD, and yes, I was getting my ass handed to me. Dumbing it down to easy is far too easy, but medium is fine guys.
Actually no, default is "Normal" or "Medium", call it what you like. ;)
I sure didn't have "Hard" as default, trust me! :D

pilonv1 said:
Obviously none of them made it up to the Space Harrier level or beyond.

It's super easy with the wiimote, because you can just point at the enemies while moving. How was it handled in the other versions? Second stick?

Also, I don't see the frustration with Alex Kidd. He scored one point on me. I cranked it up to hard for a singles match and he did a little better, but I still dominated him. The AI is kinda easy, but maybe the motion controls make it harder for them to cheat? And superstar powers are worthless against the CPU : /

Follow-up to previous post: Beat also locked up in a doubles match with the CPU after missing. I'll see how it works with two humans vs. two CPU later.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I finally beat the last stage of Space Harrier. Superstars mode now 100% done; 860/1000G. :D

Anyone else having trouble with the 7 Chaos Emeralds achievement? I can get 7 every time, but as I get it right on the 00 seconds left mark, the game only counts 6.

Any advice?

cjelly said:
I finally beat the last stage of Space Harrier. Superstars mode now 100% done; 860/1000G. :D

Anyone else having trouble with the 7 Chaos Emeralds achievement? I can get 7 every time, but as I get it right on the 00 seconds left mark, the game only counts 6.

Any advice?

I don't know - I've collected 7 Chaos Emeralds and it's not registering the achievement.

But I've given up with this game since trying to AAA that 'Hit Combo' mini-game on Jet Set Radio. Absofuckinglutely impossible. I don't care who you are, that shit is just luck and I'm not sitting there hitting restart over and over and over for several hours until I luck out enough times to get AAA rank (I did that with the bloody Moving Gates challenge on Super Monkey Ball).

Sumo, you can eat my balls.

gkryhewy

This game is 29.99 for Wii next week at Circuit City. How's the Wii version?

EDIT: Read the thread - looks like Wii version blows. Thanks, NeoGAF!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
PrivateRyan said:
I don't know - I've collected 7 Chaos Emeralds and it's not registering the achievement.
I just looked on X360a, and the 7 Chaos Emeralds and the Puyo 20x Combo achievements both have to be done in Games, not in Superstar mode.

It would make sense if the achievement said so, because all the other game-related ones can be had in Superstar mode.

.hacked

Manabanana said:
Urk, major problem with the Wii version. When playing as Tails, he'll occasionally completely lock up after missing the ball. I've only noticed this happen in exhibition doubles. Anyone else have this problem? I'll be stuck watching the computer player trying to volley by its lonesome while I just float, frozen by the net. After the point ends I'm free again. Hopefully it's just my disc so I can get it replaced?

I had the same thing happen with Beat.

When playing Nunchuck or standard controls, but if I switch to traditional it works fine.

WTF?

Shnookums

Picked this up for 360 yesterday and have been having fun with it. A bit rough around the edges but it's fun. I'm burned out on VT3 after playing it constantly and so far this is a fun change, yet similar enough to satisfy the tennis urge.

I see some people mentioning characters freezing up in the Wii version. I've been playing with Ai Ai on the 360 and every once in a while it feels like he'll get stuck in place for a fraction of a second and it can mess me up. Anyone else experience this? I was thinking that my controller might need a recharge but the meter still had 3 bars.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Im so tempted to buy this, i tried the demo on 360 and it was pretty fun. And im just a sega sucker.

But i dont know, GAF, tell me, why should i buy it ? :D

Kandrick said:
Im so tempted to buy this, i tried the demo on 360 and it was pretty fun. And im just a sega sucker.

But i dont know, GAF, tell me, why should i buy it ? :D

Because it contains HAPPY SEGA FUN

Z_Y

EB/Gamestop
$19.99 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2)
$14.99 (DS)

I'm all over this. I was waiting on a price drop but I never expected one this much this soon.

edit: Does anbody know if this is a permanent price drop? I just got the newsletter from EB/GS and it doesn't say.

sandman

Banned
I have a question, on ChuChu Rocket Mini games, how do you change the direction of the arrow? Sometime I hit the arrow it changes sometimes it doesn't. Does the tennis ball have to land on the arrow pad?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
sandman said:
I have a question, on ChuChu Rocket Mini games, how do you change the direction of the arrow? Sometime I hit the arrow it changes sometimes it doesn't. Does the tennis ball have to land on the arrow pad?

Yeah they do. I still have that area to beat myself... D:

sandman

Banned
Any tips for Graffiti Soul mini game in JSR where you have to paint 3 perfect tags.

I am stuck on this one, must have tried 100+ times on this.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
sandman said:
Any tips for Graffiti Soul mini game in JSR where you have to paint 3 perfect tags.

I am stuck on this one, must have tried 100+ times on this.

Keep trying, I had a hell of a time getting past it myself :(

Top Bottom