• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega (VC staff) making a F2P "theatrical" online RPG (Smartphone, PC, Vita)

zeromcd73

It's not strange, and it's not just iOS. It's basically a Smartphone game, which is also on PC (browsers presumably), and Vita (like other Smarphone mobile games). Probably f2p too. People should really not make threads without knowing what they're really talking about. :)
I'll stop making famitsu leaker threads :(

Oh hey, that totally looks like Enami Katsumi's art! He did some good stuff on another recent Sega mobile game if I remember correctly.

For people grumbling about Sega losing money/dumping money on BS or whatever, some of their recent mobile titles have done crazy well.

Chain Chronicle is super popular, and for good reason too: it's a ton of fun.

duckroll

Welp. Now, about my tag problem...

On another note, I should mention that you got trolled hard by Famitsu. It looks like the "surprising scoops" for the "new titles" in the Capcom TGS article are just previews for MH4G, RER2, Deep Down,and Dai Gyakuten Saiban. Lolz. :(

Don't worry, the tag will stay. I'll make sure of it.

zeromcd73

On another note, I should mention that you got trolled hard by Famitsu. It looks like the "surprising scoops" for the "new titles" in the Capcom TGS article are just previews for MH4G, RER2, Deep Down,and Dai Gyakuten Saiban. Lolz. :(

Why do you keep hurting me while I'm down :(

Damn you Famitsu.

Asd202

Guys Valkyria Chronicles is dead.

Yep that's typical Famitsu scoop all right.

mclem

Somehow, when everything ends, the three survive of the game hardware apocalypse will be Vita, PC and iOS.

And this gameboy, of course:

Hjv26hr.jpg

duckroll

World's End Eclipse

- Online "theatrical RPG"
- PC, Smartphones, Vita
- Launching this Winter
- F2P with microtransactions

Producer: Shinji Motoyama
Art Director: Daisuke Tabayashi
Main Character Design: Katsumi Enami
Music Production: Hitoshi Sakimoto

The game seems to be some sort of simplified RTS-ish thing where you build, explore, and fight. Battles are mostly automated apparently, and there's a fast-forward and pause button. Lolz.

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Fady K

Every time a Japanese game gets announced, I highly expect some of the following, regardless of how loved a series is on a console or a handheld for that matter:

1) mobile only
2) free to play (with microtransactions of course)
3) gameplay simplified big time.

It barely hurts anymore, cause this seems to be the majority of the cases rather than the minority. I guess it is what works for them, otherwise Japanese game devs wouldn't continue to support such platforms in this manner.

World's End Eclipse

- PC, Smartphones, Vita
- Launching this Winter

The game seems to be some sort of simplified RTS-ish thing where you build, explore, and fight. Battles are mostly automated apparently, and there's a fast-forward and pause button. Lolz.

That about sums it up.

Everybody pack it up. More disappointment from Sega again.

raven777

World's End Eclipse

- PC, Smartphones, Vita
- Launching this Winter

so sad... :(

Coxy

this is the VC2 team, not the VC1 team

not that sega are probably doing anything worthwhile with the VC1 team either

Sigh, why cant jp dev simply make a fun epic single player rpg anymore, than make a companion f2p app for mobile, browser, whatever reusing the asset if they want...

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It doesn't look that bad and honestly microtransactions don't bother me too much(i just don't pay lol), i have nothing against a well made f2p game, what i really hate of f2p games are time/play limitations, when they require to be always connected and most of the times an absence of depth.

Almighty

Well i am glad i played it safe and waited for more info before I got hyped. Can't even really say I am disappointed as I knew what was in my head was too good to be true.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'd be more and more happy with this style of game creation if they'd announce Console Mirrors that simply act as "all in" season releases for something like 20 bucks as a downloadable.

The fact it's coming to Vita too is at least a step towards that.

Will have to wait to see it in motion, but at least it's not an animation-less card game type deal. Those hurt much worse, personally.

Finally putting Dead Rock to use.

Seemed like the right time, haha. Though this doesn't look as bad as feared now. Even Rock got back up, so I guess he felt the same!

World's End Eclipse

- PC, Smartphones, Vita
- Launching this Winter

I wonder if "Theatrical RPG" in this case means that it's fight scenes and animation are a high draw, here. If so, that's pretty fine with me. Something similar to Brave Frontier, but with Sega Talent and 3D graphics behind it, could be pretty cool actually.

What ever happened to the console releases of Wonder Flick? It was announced for basically everything, but I haven't noticed anything about it in a long while...

AzureEternal

Neo Member
I'm not even going to lie... I want this game. I dig the art direction, the combat screenshots looks surprisingly decent, and the team behind it is solid enough to instill in me a little bit of hope. I've never really cared one way or another if a game's F2P, so long as it's not just straight-up trash. Hopefully we get a better idea of what the game's about next week. I'm still confused on what a "theatrical" RPG is...

Top Bottom