• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sell a game with a GIF

SlickVic

Forza Horizon 3: It's got more to do than just racing your car. Like finding ways to smash a board on top of a roof.

0hTdRnv.gif

E-flux

This boss fight defeated me in Bloodborne, couldn't finish the chalice dungeons because of his moveset.
giphy.gif

Even if the devs are a bit dumb, Windlands is still an awesome game.
giphy.gif

Gravity rush
giphy.gif

Ooh what game is that?

Top - Yakuza 2
Bottom - Ryu Ga Gotoku: Ishin (same series, just a spin off game that was only released in Japan)

My favorite series. I could post gif's all day long. Here's one from my favorite entry in the franchise - Yakuza 0 (coming out Jan 24th in the West)

db0.gif

...attacking a thug... with salt. You also fist fight a bear in Yakuza 5.

So, Yakuza 0 would be the best place to start with the franchise, yeah? Or would that be Kiwami? Or it doesn't matter?

Yakuza 0 takes place in the 80's, and is the very beginning of the timeline. Kiwami is the remake of Yakuza 1. They're sorta treated like brother and sister games. Play Zero, then move onto Kiwami next Summer! :D

Zero is a great jumping on point as there's no previous baggage from past games. It's probably the least convoluted (story wise) and is an absolute blast if you love quirky Japanese games, brawlers, RPG's, all wrapped up in a crime drama.

Well, hopefully I've done my job in this thread and sold you on a game! :p

Yakuza 0 takes place in the 80's, and is the very beginning of the timeline. Kiwami is the remake of Yakuza 1. They're sorta treated like brother and sister games. Play Zero, then move onto Kiwami next Summer! :D

Zero is a great jumping on point as there's no previous baggage from past games. It's probably the least convoluted (story wise) and is an absolute blast if you love quirky Japanese games, brawlers, RPG's, all wrapped up in a crime drama.

Well, hopefully I've done my job in this thread and sold you on a game! :p
Oh, I was already interested in trying the series out. You've helped to add more incentive! The Yakuza gifs in this thread look awesome lol.

Thanks for the info!

I got to say, I had about zero interest in Nier, but all the combat GIFs in here and other threads have basically made it a buy for me. The fighting looks so fluid and elegant, more so than Platinum's usual combat

I got to say, I had about zero interest in Nier, but all the combat GIFs in here and other threads have basically made it a buy for me.

Same for me actually. I've never played any other games in this 'series', or by this director to be precise, but the gameplay in this one looks killer.

Oh, I was already interested in trying the series out. You've helped to add more incentive! The Yakuza gifs in this thread look awesome lol.

Thanks for the info!
If you needed any further help or wanted to know more about the series, we at YakuzaGAF have a made thread with the purpose of introducing it to new people as well as telling them what are the best entry points to Yakuza. Maybe give this a read if you were interested?

Yakuza Series Starter Guide | Welcome to Kamurocho

I got to say, I had about zero interest in Nier, but all the combat GIFs in here and other threads have basically made it a buy for me. The fighting looks so fluid and elegant, more so than Platinum's usual combat

Agreed. Need to get past the second level and beat the first game before Automata releases.

Top Bottom