• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"F*ck Gaming": If I were an Insomniac Employee right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, let's all take a moment of silence for all the people effected by the leaks: their information stolen and bought off weeks before the holidays.

Black Box GIF by mxpx

Secondly, let's also have some silence for the work these employees have been working on. The amount of leak content people are making on the matter is through the roof from YouTube to Twitter. We aren't any better here on Neogaf. We all want to dissect every piece of the Insomniac leak.

But to humanize this situation, if I were a Insomniac dev, id personally not enjoy gaming right now. Id personally not enjoy my job, or rather, not really have the motivation right now to work. I would hate the industry right now.

it's impossible to ask the Internet and GAF to not engage, it would also be predictable for someone to say just ignore it.

But I would try to at least humanize the situation.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Who cares?
It's a corporation and you can clearly see it's a corporation with 10 years marvel games plan. It ain't your friend or someone making games out of love for gaming.
Shame about the leak of personal data but who cares about other leaks? Like... it's not going to affect game sales AT ALL. If anything, it's more hype.

Zathalus

If anything I would be flattered that people are obsessing over the work I do.

I would be pissed over my personal details getting leaked, but I don't see how that is gamings fault.

*Nightwing

No

It’s the developers job to make the game and try and gain as much profit as possible to maintain their company as a functional revenue creating organization giving us as little product as possible for as much money as we are willing to give.

It’s the consumers job to be the public mob.

tGVzVeq.gif

I’m doing my part

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Sure Sony has them idenity theft services on speed dial by now so hope the employees make out ok. As for the game leaks meh….

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol you do realize that we all have had our personal information stolen? Remember the psn hack? Remember when Sony bought us all free identity theft protection for a year? Devs will be fine.

Their work was leaked. So the fuck what. If they produce great visuals in the end, no one will care. If Jean Grey ends up looking like MJ then that’s when people will go spe shit.

No one at insomniac cares about budgets and sales figures leaking. This is not personal information being leaked where we get to see their broken relationships with their parents, spouses, children etc. it’s just video games.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
A moment of silence...

Dude, there are major wars going on in Ukraine, Israel, and Sudan right now. Also many more that I won't mention because the list wouldn't end. Point is, leaks have happened. They suck. Nobody got seriously harmed. Nobody lost their lives. We all move on and Sony better tighten their security because it's the second major hack that they've suffered.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
A moment of silence? lol get a grip. I'll be reserving my moments of silence for actual Heroes, like people who have lost their lives protecting your sorry ass.

You sure you're in the right place?

winjer

Gold Member
The only people to blame are the hackers.
And up to a certain point, Sony and Insomniac, for not having better It security.
Let's not shift the blame into the gamming community.

People here aren't going through employees confidential information. We just care about games news and this hack has plenty of them.

sigrad

Firstly, let's all take a moment of silence for all the people effected by the leaks: their information stolen and bought off weeks before the holidays.

Black Box GIF by mxpx

Secondly, let's also have some silence for the work these employees have been working on. The amount of leak content people are making on the matter is through the roof from YouTube to Twitter. We aren't any better here on Neogaf. We all want to dissect every piece of the Insomniac leak.

But to humanize this situation, if I were a Insomniac dev, id personally not enjoy gaming right now. Id personally not enjoy my job, or rather, not really have the motivation right now to work. I would hate the industry right now.

it's impossible to ask the Internet and GAF to not engage, it would also be predictable for someone to say just ignore it.

But I would try to at least humanize the situatioD
Did someone die in the hack?

Saber

Gold Member
Can I laught or that would make me a part of "toxic gaaaaaaaamrrr culture"? Big emphasis on gaaaaaaaamrrr

Broccoli Permers are always so worried about creatives making six figures enjoying their jobs and quality of life. Meanwhile your asses order Uber Eats at 11pm and make some poor illegal Ecuadorian dude ride an unregistered motor scooter in a nocturnal snowstorm so you can get your mental health Frappuccino with rice milk.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Thanks to the leak I was able to make my 6 year old son stfu on asking me when Spider-Man 3 is coming out.

I told him to wait a year for a venom game.

Now he wants to know the specific days so if the hacker can go back in and get more specific I’d appreciate it.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Every job has a risk, I mean it's a video game job, it's not that they are in surgery doing operations that involve a person's life.

Secondly, I would consider that instead of sending messages of frustration and anger about the leak, they should consider seeing it as an option of support and positivity for the players, involving them in how to improve a product and listening to them.

And if we humanize the people who give their effort in the development, but it is also not their fault, but rather those who run the company, they must be aware of having better security systems and be empathetic with the gamers.

Furthermore, we do not want video games with the latest technology, but rather video games that give good experiences and it does not matter if they are 2-D or medium budget.

Fbh

Seems a bit over dramatic.
The personal information that got leaked sucks, but I don't see how that's a "fuck gaming" moment and not "fuck the hackers". It's not like gaming sites and forums are actively showing the leaked personal info.

As for the game stuff, sucks for them but it's hardly the end of the world. You'll get some shit takes from the usual idiots who seemingly don't understand the concept of a work in progress, but other than that it's not like their work is ruined or no one is going to buy the game

Boss Mog

Most of the world lives in utter poverty, there's famine and war everywhere but you want me to worry about some woke snowflakes who got hacked? Even by first-world problem standards this is a non-issue. During this holiday period there's people that have just been diagnosed with cancer or have been in terrible accidents and again you want me to worry about some corporation and its employees because they got hacked? You need to get a grip on reality OP. "Moment of silence".... :pie_eyeroll:

DeathGuise

This is about as cringe as it gets. I'm guessing you're a Sony or Spiderman loyalist. Or both. Or just someone with little to no sense of proportion.

Dynasty8

Yeah, it sucks that shit like this happens. But it happens everywhere. World doesn't revolve around gaming.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Black Box GIF by mxpx

I understand what you're laying down. We've seen leaks before but this is crazy town. Years worth of prep at insomniac was shown off and I'd be crushed if I was working on it. You want to control the narrative but that ain't happening

John Wick

Black Box GIF by mxpx

I'm glad your not an Insomniac employee. Especially with that shite title. We all face obstacles at work and in life. I sure the people who were effected will recover and move on. You make it out as though it's the worst thing ever. It's not in the greater scheme of things.

Killer8

The leaks also contained information about how Sony wanted to axe many of these same employees jobs. Just sayin'. It sucks that personal information like passports and addresses apparently got out there, no one will deny that - it's not the first time and won't be the last time that happens - but it's also clear that working under Sony is not just a big happy family where everyone is super sadge that what they're working on got spoiled. It's a highly corporate environment where you are just a firable, replaceable cog in the machine, and if anything i'd be directing more of my anger towards the company with such shitty opsec (it's almost like this has happened before to Sony).

SHA

No

It’s the developers job to make the game and try and gain as much profit as possible to maintain their company as a functional revenue creating organization giving us as little product as possible for as much money as we are willing to give.

It’s the consumers job to be the public mob.

tGVzVeq.gif

I’m doing my part
I've thought about it for a long time, the revenue and the effort being put into final product is disconnected, unrelated, no attachments or what so ever to it, these two phenomena can't be dealt by the same type of people, it just isn't.

Whitecrow

Banned
Empathy and respect is nowhere to be found here, and somehow no one cares.
Doesnt seem like values worth teaching, freedom of speech comes first. Which sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom