• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEN Web Store - Available in Europe

The_Monk

This is what I get when I wake up and I don't get my cup of Coffee...

Thank you all fellow GAFfers, logging in now! ;)

EDIT: Not available yet in here it seems.

Only took them how many years? Looks and runs better than the actual proper store on the PS3, think I will use this one from now on. That is, once they get stuff bought on the Web Store to download to your PS3 automatically.

PS+ does auto update of cloud saves and game patches. They could add an 'automatically download new purchases from web' option. That'd be fantastic.

I really hope they will implement this.

But this will probably require SCEJ to implement a firmware update with a single changed line of code requested by SCEE, so that would take a few years...

shink

I was just thinking today Sony wouldn't have a web store but what do you know they pull this out. MEGATON

AUS store works.

jiggles

Banned
Ah, yeah, it eventually came up (Chrome).

This is great. No more having to use the shit-ass PS3 store is good news.

dose

They seriously need to sort their shit out with regards to categories and games not being listed. Where is the PS1 section for example? If you go to Games > Classic games you can see a bunch of PS1 games, but a lot are missing. You can only find Kula World and Pandemonium 2 by sarching for example. Utter crap.

Great stuff. But almost defeats the purpose when you still have to go onto the Store on your PS3 to collect your downloads and isn't just automatic.

Sylver

Banned
They seriously need to sort their shit out with regards to categories and games not being listed. Where is the PS1 section for example? If you go to Games > Classic games you can see a bunch of PS1 games, but a lot are missing. You can only find Kula World and Pandemonium 2 by sarching for example. Utter crap.
QFT.
And don't try to find some DLC content, you can die trying to get all Dissidia content. :_(.
Store is terrible indexed.

Sweepin' up all the currently available PS3 PS+ games. That's ten in the backlog and I don't own a PS3 yet. :lol

(Before anyone asks, I've got a Vita, mainly for cheap Uncharted, Mortal Kombat and Big Sky).

Tizoc

For all those loving SCEE over this maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay want to recall that CounterStrike GO is still not released @3@

Gadirok

About time. I been using that site for awhile to check my downloads and to register codes, or see my activated systems.

Now all they need to do is organize the downloads list rather than scrolling endlessly through hundreds of downloads.

Tizoc

Umm the website doesn't show the PS3 ver. of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, was it removed from EU PSN or...did they stupidly remove the WRONG VERSION, SINCE THE VITA VERSION WAS SUPPOSED TO BE RELEASED LATER!

Number45

Works fine for me, Chrome on Windows 8 (UK).

If they can now just add a "tell PS3 to download this now" button we'll be set.
I don't think this will happen, because I don't think the PS3 supports "pushing" updates, but I don't see why it couldn't be included in the PS+ overnight download thing.

I don't think this will happen, because I don't think the PS3 supports "pushing" updates, but I don't see why it couldn't be included in the PS+ overnight download thing.

Can't this be introduced via firmware update though? If they ever get round to it that is.

I think the PS+ will definitely be a feature.

Edit:How do I change the region of the store? Thanks.

UK
Australia
Belgie
Bulgaria
Croatia
Czech Republic
Danmark
Denmark
Deutschland
Espana
Finland
Suomi
Francaise
Greece
Hungary
India
Ireland
Israel
Italia
Kuwait
Luxembourg
Luxemburg
Nederland
New Zealand
Norge
Norway
Osterreich
Poland
Polska
Portugal
Qata
Россия
Saudi Arabia
Slovenia
South Africa
Sverige
Sweden
Schweiz
Suisse
Svizzera
Turkey
Turlye
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates

From the drop list sans language

With my mouse dancing across all these lovely games in my browser... it struck me how awesome it would be if in the future they meld this to their cloud service and let you play or demo any of your games in your browser. Just have some protocol thing in the cloud client to hook up to a dual shock via your PC or whatever.

I have suggested this for gaikai and it would be a superb use of the service. Play PS3/PSV/PS4 demos on your browser/ipad/androids. Hell the store should be accessed from the WiiU and X360 browsers as well. I'm guessing after this web store gets going we should expect a ps store app for our iphones and androids?

Via Eurogamer, the official word from Sony is that they are testing it and will be announcing it and sharing it officially 'shortly'.

So this is a beta, still seem to be missing these features, from what I can tell.
  • Video store. From the Video DRM you should be able to download on 2 mobile and 2 non mobile devices, I guess your browser would count as a non mobile device? Should be able to download movies/tv shows and watch on your PC.
  • Remote download - self explanatory

Anything else I missed? Other than that it looks good.

And, WTF SCEA? Here's what SCEE has provided in the past few months:

• Paypal payment option
  • Pre download when you pre order
  • PS Web store portal

WTF is SCEA doing? Where is that stuff for us? Go suck a dick, Grace Chen.

Can't this be introduced via firmware update though? If they ever get round to it that is.

On Vita? Probably. On PS3? No chance.

Seems like this has been the plan since they came up with the new PS3 store. Make the PS3 store HTML5 based, so they can easily bring it over to web browsers. Problem is, they've taken 5 steps backwards to get this done because the PS3 store is an unusable POS.

Hopefully I'll never have to use the PS3 store again. If I can use this to buy content and then use the Account Management Download List to download them, that would be great.

Top Bottom