• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEN Web Store - Available in Europe

btkadams

I'm wondering the same thing. Just purchase stuff on your ps3 or vita.

sometimes discounts are only for a week. some people may be away from their systems (vacations, second house, boyfriend's place, etc), so this is a nice alternative to going to your ps3 to turn it on and buy something. i imagine it's faster to navigate the store via web browser too.

DBT85

Hopefully that automatic remote download will be online soon. Being able to sit at work and buy a game and have it downloaded ready to play when you get home would be cool.

shink

sometimes discounts are only for a week. some people may be away from their systems (vacations, second house, boyfriend's place, etc), so this is a nice alternative to going to your ps3 to turn it on and buy something. i imagine it's faster to navigate the store via web browser too.
Yep, I missed quite a few sales when I was on holiday or didn't even have enough time after work to turn on my PS3. Web store is a good thing in my books.

I'm wondering the same thing. Just purchase stuff on your ps3 or vita.

I'm amazed that anyone would seriously ask this. Opening up a webpage and checking out a store is a hell of a lot easier than specifically booting up the PS3/PSV just to go into their stores. And that's not even taking into account how horrendously shit the new PS3 store is.

Hanmik

Here is the Press release..

Sony Network Entertainment International and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, today unveiled a new online store that enables PlayStation®3 (PS3™), PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) and PC users to conveniently discover and purchase games, videos* and more via desktop web browsers. The new online store, available now in 15 European countries as well as Australia and New Zealand, offers users rich product pages with easy to use search and content discovery for the integrated catalog of millions of pieces of game-related content, including downloadable games, add-ons and themes, and movies and TV shows.

The launch of the online store follows the recent redesign of PlayStation® Store (PS Store) for PS3 and is part of an on-going process of PS Store development. Both the PS Store and the online store will continue to be updated with new features that improve usability and convenience for finding, purchasing and accessing content. For example, users of the new online store can look forward to the addition of advanced recommendation functionality and automatic remote download of purchased content, as well as mobile phone and tablet browsing in the future.

With an unprecedented amount of content now available in the PS Store, the online store delivers a convenient, visually compelling and easy to use destination for users to access and discover game, videos and more online. For PlayStation users, content purchased in the new online store from a PC is added to the Downloads list within the PS Store. Users can then download the content directly onto their PS3 and PS Vita system. People can also watch videos purchased via the online store on their Windows-based PC using the Media Go application.

The new online store is available today in UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, Russia, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium, Switzerland, Denmark and Finland and can be accessed via https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/. The online store will be available in North America and other regions in the future.

*Video content will only be accessible in the following territories: Great Britain, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Australia.

Is it just me or did they remove one extra step when buying stuff?

The store keeps getting easier to use and faster.

*edit* They did! If the total of what you are buying is $0 you get one less screen.

jayb

I don't get why it has to have an initial loading screen. it already seems completely outdated compared to any online store I've ever visited.

I know it's not flash, but it feels like I'm loading up a flash site from 2001.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I don't get why it has to have an initial loading screen. it already seems completely outdated compared to any online store I've ever visited.

I know it's not flash, but it feels like I'm loading up a flash site from 2001.
I'm hopeful they'll be able to cut down the loading times in Chrome and Firefox (~20 seconds) down to the IE loading time (<10 seconds) which is a little bit more bearable.

Number45

Another thing Sony need to add: platform in the search drop down. At the moment it shows the game image and name only, so NFS MW gives me:

r6Jb6.png

Pretty sure it's always PS3 on top, but it would be nice not to have to guess.

I'm loving the web store personally.

I just managed to add a bunch of the Plus games on my download list, so now I can easily just find them and download them whenever I feel like without having to look for them through the store. Pretty cool.

It's also very tempting in making me buy an avatar. I resisted the urge so far though. :-|

Balboa

Isn't there supposed to be a paypal option for this store? I can't see it anywhere in the UK

EDIT: Nevermind found it

crispyben

Am I the only one who can't log in today? It looks like I'm logged in, but when I want to use a code or buy something, a new screen pops up and I have to fill in my details again. It has a white background and it's a standard font, like some CSS is missing, and clicking on "Connection" or whatever doesn't do anything... Tried Chrome and IE, same difference.

Top Bottom