• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus |OT| Life Returns to Vita

Eolz

For those interested in Senran Kagura artbooks, here's a compiled list of all of them. Also, I recommend Lawson HMV if you want to buy Japanese books because they exclude 8% consumption tax for overseas orders and frequently have campaigns where you can collect more points or coupons which can be used to get a discount for your next order. They ship via EMS.

Wow nice, thanks for the tip. Never tried HMV japan yet (usually cdjapan because they're really reliable, amazon jp in some very special cases).
Already have the Burst one, which is pretty cool, planning to get the one for 2 and the illustrator later. Not sure about the Official Illustration Collection, was disappointed by some scans. (Also have the Nintendo Heroines special edition which was pretty cool with the poster and the deck of cards)

Ohnonono

Did Miyabi's personal story all the way though. Just found out the game has lock on for when a boss comes around. That would have been helpful but hey at least I beat it!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Aww man you guys. Now I gotta take pics of my Senran collection! Will do after work and post here.
737121513_benStillerDoIt1_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Got a couple As last night but then right back to D. Man I need to read up on some general tips for this game lol. I am playing on the low difficulty too >.>

Scavenger

For those interested in Senran Kagura artbooks, here's a compiled list of all of them. Also, I recommend Lawson HMV if you want to buy Japanese books because they exclude 8% consumption tax for overseas orders and frequently have campaigns where you can collect more points or coupons which can be used to get a discount for your next order. They ship via EMS.
Honto.jp also excludes consumption tax and they have more shipping options such as the cheaper SAL, but it's hard to use because the site is in Japanese. I've had good experience with honto.

This game is fun, but I am getting wrecked. How do you break out of combos and not just be juggled to death and then instantly hit again after your really slow recovery which seems to not even be invincible enough to let you get back up without being hit again? Are you supposed to really abuse that down d-pad break out move that costs health?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Did anyone else notice that the game icon has been slightly changed from the Japanese version? The white circle is now on the center of the boobs, lol.

Or use the code I posted earlier in the thread.

Note on that from GameFAQs:
To gain immediate access to the fourth school (Homura Crimson Squad), without having to clear the story modes for the first three schools; go to the school selection screen, while holding the L and R buttons, use the D-pad to push: Up, Left, Right, Down, Up, Right, Left, Down, Up, Right, Down, Left, Up, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up. You will be informed that if you proceed, you will not be given an explanation about the game's story regarding the appearance of the fourth school. If you accept, the fourth school will be unlocked.

Ohnonono

Did anyone else notice that the game icon has been slightly changed from the Japanese version? The white circle is now on the center of the boobs, lol.

Note on that from GameFAQs:

Thanks! I will probably just finish the other stories. I don' t want to miss anything by unlocking them early I suppose but I love some of their character designs so I was sorta bummed I could not just start with them.

This game is fun, but I am getting wrecked. How do you break out of combos and not just be juggled to death and then instantly hit again after your really slow recovery which seems to not even be invincible enough to let you get back up without being hit again? Are you supposed to really abuse that down d-pad break out move that costs health?

Ya same here, when you get knocked down you sit there and get beaten upon for a long while often times allowing another juggle.

Josephl64

oh is ps tv region locked meaning that I can only use a US account if I buy it here? I don't believe that's the case, but just wondering.

MetalDeer

What in the world.. I've never seen this on Amazon's shipment tracking before.

0TrKiHO.png

Looks like they're intentionally delaying my package, since the estimated delivery was Thursday, even though it's literally just a few towns over. How nice of them. Oh well, no life and hometown until tomorrow, then.

Mailbox

Played about an hour of this last night.

Pretty damn fun, and I tend not to like dynasty warrior like games.

The life and hometown is a bit much even for me, but I'll learn to get used to it and embrace it.

(I really just wanna yell in a villainous voice one day: EMBRACE THE LIFE AND HOMETOWN!)

Checked to see if the mail came in and the LE box was indeed delivered. Only game I've had on pre-order, was done so upon first availability on Amazon. Looking forward to playing some later.

pariah164

Okay this is weird. (Chapter 4 and 5 spoilers for Hanzo side.)

I unlocked everyone's Ultimate Ninja Arts when I trained with the Crimson Squad, right? How do I pull them off? When I fight the Gessen girls, I try pressing L + circle when I have max scrolls, bot nothing happens. What gives?

Yasumi

Banned
Okay this is weird. (Chapter 4 and 5 spoilers for Hanzo side.)

I unlocked everyone's Ultimate Ninja Arts when I trained with the Crimson Squad, right? How do I pull them off? When I fight the Gessen girls, I try pressing L + circle when I have max scrolls, bot nothing happens. What gives?
Need to have low health, flashing red.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ya same here, when you get knocked down you sit there and get beaten upon for a long while often times allowing another juggle.

Are you tapping X to tech recover? Once you recover, you have to either press Triangle to attack or Circle to escape, otherwise you'll just get caught in the combo again. If you're caught in the corner, you pretty much need to use the Burst mechanic that costs health.

Are you tapping X to tech recover? Once you recover, you have to either press Triangle to attack or Circle to escape, otherwise you'll just get caught in the combo again.

Ya sometimes I can get that to work. The dash certainly helps a lot. Gonna really play a lot tonight so I hope to get better at that and avoid the death combos lol.

Gotta stop getting all these Ds

Press X to tech then O to dash away or triangle to ground pound. You can also guard immediately after the ground pound so it's good for getting to the ground then acting immediately.

I don't use the burst that much. Enemies like to ground pound when they're in the air so be wary of that.

Press X to tech then O to dash away or triangle to ground pound. You can also guard immediately after the ground pound so it's good for getting to the ground then acting immediately.

I don't use the burst that much. Enemies like to ground pound when they're in the air so be wary of that.

Burst is the attack you do when they go flying right? It is cool looking but ya it leaves me open.

jwk94

Wait, so when did this game become ps tv compatible? Stealth patch?
Last night.

Speaking of the patch does pstv have some drm? I disconnected it from my Internet briefly and it wouldn't let me play senran kagura for some reason. It said the game wasn't compatible even though I had just been playing it. So I reconnected refreshed the live area and it worked no problem.

Nyoro SF

After some playing it's really easy to parry an enemy boss's ground pound move.

Once you get to a high enough level you can finish off bosses before they get a chance to transform. I did this to Ikaruga when fighting her and it was pretty hype; parry, where she stumbles, then pin her to the wall with a super, burst to keep her airborne, combo.

I was told that online play is not so great because the Burst option is so powerful though.

Top Bottom