• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus |OT| Life Returns to Vita

FLD

Holy shit, I'm really glad I went back to read the last few pages. Amazon.ca still hadn't shipped (or charged) my order but I figured it was fine since I pre-ordered over a month ago.

But hearing about people having their orders cancelled (and that they pre-ordered months before I did) made me really nervous. Re-ordered from EBGames.ca and cancelled on Amazon. EBGames charged my card pretty much instantly so I think I'm good. Ended up costing me 5 bucks more but whatever, better that than missing out on the physical edition.

baconcow

Reason I want to keep my Amazon.ca order is because they had it for $45, early on. I am getting nervous, but I don't want to pay EB Games' $5 tax. Seems that the only other option is to order it from Videogameplus, which charges for shipping.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, thought the trophy was for a 777 combo, but no, it's 7,777 combo, FOUR sevens. I'm guessing there'll be a stage where there'll be unlimited enemies to do this, but man, that seems like an insanely high/grindy number.

kaiyo

Reason I want to keep my Amazon.ca order is because they had it for $45, early on. I am getting nervous, but I don't want to pay EB Games' $5 tax. Seems that the only other option is to order it from Videogameplus, which charges for shipping.

Same.

But I just check the order and ....

Delivery estimate: December 12, 2014 - March 11, 2015

changed from Oct 21st - 22nd...

I'm not really in a hurry to get it but wth is amazon.ca doing ? ._.

crinale

Bah, thought the trophy was for a 777 combo, but no, it's 7,777 combo, FOUR sevens. I'm guessing there'll be a stage where there'll be unlimited enemies to do this, but man, that seems like an insanely high/grindy number.

Basically you must keep hitting dead enemies to achieve it.
There's an extremely easy way to do it but I guess you'll want to do it normally

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Basically you must keep hitting dead enemies to achieve it.
There's an extremely easy way to do it but I guess you'll want to do it normally
I'm fine with either (hell, I did the 100 parries on the first mission). I heard there's a stage similar to Burst, where all you do is break 3 rocks while enemies keep appearing, so I figured that stage would be the best.

Burst is the attack you do when they go flying right? It is cool looking but ya it leaves me open.

Yeah, if you use it in the wrong situation you'll just get caught in a combo again.

After some playing it's really easy to parry an enemy boss's ground pound move.

Once you get to a high enough level you can finish off bosses before they get a chance to transform. I did this to Ikaruga when fighting her and it was pretty hype; parry, where she stumbles, then pin her to the wall with a super, burst to keep her airborne, combo.

I was told that online play is not so great because the Burst option is so powerful though.

I didn't know you could use burst like that. Going to have to try this.

Thanks for the tip.

Nyoro SF

I'm tempted if I should reveal my trick to you; I got this trophy in about ~10 minutes back in my JP version of the game. :p

Ah well why not.

So if you level up Ikaruga enough, either the 4th or 5th hit of her X combo leaves the enemies in a stunned standing state. Killing an enemy while they're standing sends them into crumple state and allows you to "dead body combo" a bunch of defeated enemies and allows you to add about 300+ hits (could be more) to each enemy group that spawns. Just keep doing her X combo that leaves the enemies standing, I think it's a spin move. Not only does this move leave opponents vulnerable to infinites but it also does multiple hits by itself, which speeds up progress.

I don't remember the stage number, but there's one stage that's small that has boulders that you have to smash to progress. Just ignore the boulders and keep attacking the enemies that spawn.

Sooner or later the enemies will stop being repeatedly crumpled and they'll disappear in puffs of smoke, when this happens you have about ~5 seconds to turn around and engage the newly spawned enemies. Not too rough on this small stage but sometimes the game likes to troll and make you sweat by not spawning enough enemies or spawning them too far away.

Ikaruga is the best character to do this with because she has (likely) the best range in the game with speed to back it up. Her combo into spin tends to pull enemies towards her like a tornado. Hopefully this helps.

Yeah, if you use it in the wrong situation you'll just get caught in a combo again.

I didn't know you could use burst like that. Going to have to try this.

Thanks for the tip.

It's been a while, but I'm 80% certain that a burst when the opponent's back is to the wall either pins them or sends them into flying spinning state, which allows followups.

Sitrus

I'm fine with either (hell, I did the 100 parries on the first mission). I heard there's a stage similar to Burst, where all you do is break 3 rocks while enemies keep appearing, so I figured that stage would be the best.

Best method:
Use hibari's aerial weak attack, that stomp can be extended infinitely.

Vylash

man, encountering the Gessen girls on the Hanzo side has me even more excited to play as them, especially Minori and Shiki

baconcow

Same.

But I just check the order and ....

Delivery estimate: December 12, 2014 - March 11, 2015

changed from Oct 21st - 22nd...

I'm not really in a hurry to get it but wth is amazon.ca doing ? ._.

What date did you order yours and what shipping speed? Aug. 4th, priority, here. :(

just think these $5 as payment for priority shipping lol, I placed order yesterday noon and got the game this morning. Not that's I'm happy with the "tax" but then again, I would rather not waiting for months to get a game that I have pre-ordered months prior

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Best method:
Use hibari's aerial weak attack, that stomp can be extended infinitely.
Just finished Yagyu's side-missions & was planning on trying hers next, so I'll give this a try.

So if you level up Ikaruga enough, either the 4th or 5th hit of her X combo leaves the enemies in a stunned standing state. Killing an enemy while they're standing sends them into crumple state and allows you to "dead body combo" a bunch of defeated enemies and allows you to add about 300+ hits (could be more) to each enemy group that spawns. Just keep doing her X combo that leaves the enemies standing, I think it's a spin move. Not only does this move leave opponents vulnerable to infinites but it also does multiple hits by itself, which speeds up progress.

I don't remember the stage number, but there's one stage that's small that has boulders that you have to smash to progress. Just ignore the boulders and keep attacking the enemies that spawn.

Sooner or later the enemies will stop being repeatedly crumpled and they'll disappear in puffs of smoke, when this happens you have about ~5 seconds to turn around and engage the newly spawned enemies. Not too rough on this small stage but sometimes the game likes to troll and make you sweat by not spawning enough enemies or spawning them too far away.

Ikaruga is the best character to do this with because she has (likely) the best range in the game with speed to back it up. Her combo into spin tends to pull enemies towards her like a tornado. Hopefully this helps.
Got her leveled up to 20-something, so I think I have all the combo moves unlocked. & yup, that boulder stage is the one I'm thinking of. Think it doesn't appear until Chapter 4.

I'll give that method a try if the other one doesn't work.

baconcow

just think these $5 as payment for priority shipping lol, I placed order yesterday noon and got the game this morning. Not that's I'm happy with the "tax" but then again, I would rather not waiting for months to get a game that I have pre-ordered months prior

I guess, but it would still be cheaper from VGP with their $3 shipping and $49.99 price. True about the priority thing, though. Which is ironic, since I actually have priority shipping on my order.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I feel bad for you guys having shipping problems. :( I ordered from Best Buy with the slowest possible shipping and it got here in two days. I was expecting at least a week considering every other experience I'd had with Best Buy's free shipping has been awful.

Hope you guys get your copies soon. :(

kaiyo

What date did you order yours and what shipping speed? Aug. 4th, priority, here. :(

It had Oct 21-22 yesterday, and now it's has that Dec-Mar estimate.

I preoredered July 30th, with prime shipping, so 2 day shipping. Contacted them yesterday, and I got upgraded to priority.

You should contact them and get a refund if you paid for priority.

Who's the supplier for Amazon.ca? Because they said they are waiting for the supplier...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Shaking that vita for days I see. hehe
88/98 now. I haven't even started the main missions yet (save for the first one so I could get 100 parries), just the side-missions for 4/5 characters from Hanzo.

Also part of me wonders if they based some of these lingerie on actual ones.

jesus some of these lingerie.

I can see Corgi sitting looking at the Vita like this at some of the Lingerie

image.php

I guess, but it would still be cheaper from VGP with their $3 shipping and $49.99 price. True about the priority thing, though. Which is ironic, since I actually have priority shipping on my order.

just checked, the cheapest shipping costs $7 (I think yesterday it was $5, not sure if they increased the price or system error or something)

Nyoro SF

88/98 now. I haven't even started the main missions yet (save for the first one so I could get 100 parries), just the side-missions for 4/5 characters from Hanzo.

Also part of me wonders if they based some of these lingerie on actual ones.

That would be smart design if so. Personally, I disliked a lot of the colors. I would've liked a color editor of some sort instead of all the items.

Hikami

I wonder what the difference will be between this game and the upcoming PS4&Vita game :-/ gameplay seems quite similar.

As far as I know, there's new characters, clothes can get wet now; becoming see-through, and I think the PS4 version will be able to have more enemies on screen(?).
Haven't seen much else on info.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That would be smart design if so. Personally, I disliked a lot of the colors. I would've liked a color editor of some sort instead of all the items.
I'm kind of surprised one wasn't put in. Heck, there's so many that're basically the same pair, just different colors. You'd think with the customization of the accessories, a color editor would've been part of it....though I guess they didn't want people to make skin-colored underwear.

Also, it would've been nice to have an easier way of telling which lingerie is which in the dressing room instead of checking each one to remember "oh right, it's this pair".

Nyoro SF

I'm kind of surprised one wasn't put in. Heck, there's so many that're basically the same pair, just different colors. You'd think with the customization of the accessories, a color editor would've been part of it....though I guess they didn't want people to make skin-colored underwear.

Also, it would've been nice to have an easier way of telling which lingerie is which in the dressing room instead of checking each one to remember "oh right, it's this pair".

Not allowing skin color is pretty easy though. Also I agree about checking. I also went through most of the game not realizing you can cycle through girls in the dressing room area by pressing the triggers.

Regarding technical details of the game... there are loading times, but I didn't really mind them cause I still enjoyed the game.

There are some framerate drops in the game, but it's not too bad. The worst framerate issue I had in the game was in the pre-shrine area with the trees and lanterns. That part sometimes dropped into the low 10s and made it difficult to play some characters that don't have generous hitstun on attacks. On higher difficulties this can be fairly frustrating.

Mirai in particular can slow the game down just by attacking with her projectiles. But like I said, it's not bad enough that you can't play her properly.

mao2

Thank for the suggestion, but they are charging a whooping $40 (50$S) for a " Senran Kagura Series Official Illustration Collection". Buying 2 books from Lawson is way cheaper. I guess I'll go with those 2.
Once you add EMS shipping fees they may end up about the same price... Since you're in Singapore, why not go to a Kinokuniya bookstore and have a look at the book first?

Holy shit, thank you for this link! There's an online store for the USA and my wallet is about to hate me xD
LOL, don't kill your wallet. :p

Very nice work ! :)

I know I'm the only one here who like it, but there has been an artbook for the anime series too : http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4758013276/
Thanks! Whoops, I actually forgot about the anime. :p

Wow nice, thanks for the tip. Never tried HMV japan yet (usually cdjapan because they're really reliable, amazon jp in some very special cases).
Already have the Burst one, which is pretty cool, planning to get the one for 2 and the illustrator later. Not sure about the Official Illustration Collection, was disappointed by some scans. (Also have the Nintendo Heroines special edition which was pretty cool with the poster and the deck of cards)
The Official Illustration Collection is good all-in-one artbook, but most of the illustrations are exactly the same as the ones in the first 3 Official Perfect Bibles. Therefore it's OK to skip it IMO if you already have the latter.

Honto.jp also excludes consumption tax and they have more shipping options such as the cheaper SAL, but it's hard to use because the site is in Japanese. I've had good experience with honto.
Thanks for this info! Cheaper shipping option is good. Bookmarked.

NolbertoS

Are the canadian retailers selling the limited edition Senran Kagura?? I have it ordered on amazon.com, but might be tempted to swap due to lower loonie ATM.

mankoto

Finally got a chance to pick it up. I unfortunately won't be able to play it for a while though.

Added everyone listed in the doc.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Just got the game downloaded and about to play. If you haven't seen the full anime or played Burst, will you be behind story wise? I only through the first 3 episodes of the anime and never finished it.

pariah164

Just realized I missed XSEED's Launch Day trailer. Added to the OP.

Just got the game downloaded and about to play. If you haven't seen the full anime or played Burst, will you be behind story wise? I only through the first 3 episodes of the anime and never finished it.
After playing through the Hanzo storyline, nope. There's a brief summary at the start to get you up to speed on what happened at the end of Burst, so if you think that'll be enough for you, go for it.

The recommended order is Hanzo > Gessen > Hebijo > Crimson Squad from what I heard, and that's how I'm going at it.

It depends on who you ask. The game producer recommended Gessen -> Hanzo -> Hebijo (-> Homura), while the scenarist originally wrote the stories as Hanzo -> Gessen -> Hebijo (-> Homura).

Top Bottom