• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seriously, has a better movie been made in the last twenty years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ActKubrickClockwork.jpg

2007_01_arts_eraserhead.jpg

sideways.jpg

adaptation-6.jpg

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Blackace said:
wow I came in to say Goodfellas... I am really into mafia/gangster movie/dramas thing and man, Goodfellas, is my top one, followed by Carlito's way and the Sopranos..
Goodfellas is my top one too. Joe pesci's acrting was legendary.

I think Unforgiven was awesome dunno if it is the top fiilm but still in the top 5 IMO.

Usual Suspects is a one trick pony. I really enjoyed it the first time around but once you know the big twist it really becomes boring watching it the second time around.

It's a great movie but... the following disagrees with "best":

EDIhsyRWO.jpg

+
Frailty
Hero
Memento
The Thin Red Line
Seven
Trainspotting
Braveheart
Children of Men
Cinderella Man
Terminator 2
Evil Dead 2 (just made the cut!)

You've just forced me to go watch it again. :p

cicero

Based solely on other Academy Award winning movies from the past 20 years, I would have to pick these over Unforgiven. If I thought about it I could come up with more, but in the end all this ends up being is just lists of personal preferences. No real criteria have been given beyond that except the period of time.

L.A. Confidential
Schindler's List
The Silence of the Lambs
Dangerous Liaisons
Crimes and Misdemeanors
The Shawshank Redemption
Saving Private Ryan
Cyrano de Bergerac
Pulp Fiction

Dali

Coen said:
6d03io4.jpg

2002's Cidade de Deus is my personal favourite.

City of God got so many recommendations in my 'recommend good foreign flicks' thread that I went out and bought it. I've had it sitting in my DVD drawer for about a month, but I haven't had the time to watch it.

7Th

So we're going with animation, too? Snatch one for Robot Carnival, the best omnibus compilation ever created by humanity.

RobotCarnival1.jpg

Eric P

HomerSimpson-Man said:
It's hands down the greatest kung fu movie ever made. The way the action and fights just build up to the end getting more and more ridiculously complex...just...good lord at the final fight sequence...it leaves you reeling and exhausted, pure action brilliance.

it's a great movie, i'll have to agree, but i will have to state a preference towards 8 diagram pole fighter

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Skiptastic said:
Well, my favorite movie of all time is Ashes of Time, but I believe that was 1994. Go watch it anyways, especially you In the Mood for Love freaks. It's Wong Kar Wai.
Wong Kaw Kwai is one of the last well-noted modern director's I've yet to get into, I'll be checking him out soon (I'm in the mood for action-comedy's these days...Jackie Chan get!) but he'll be up next, and I'll check out Ashes of Time too.

Edit: oh snap Ashes of Time is Kar Wai Wong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom