• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Serkantoto: DeNA and Nintendo join press conference at 5PM JST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in my day when we complained of something it got taken away till we could appreciate it.. So go ahead and mute Youtube till you can reappreciate it.
J/k But please just be happy its translated guys!

Also the guy is saying Uh now as well....

JNA

Banned
The thirst is real:

hypeevuww.jpg

...Dick Advocate?

chiimisu

It's not that dissimilar when people with no experience in Japanese - English translation or business meetings in Japan offer their "advice."

Oh, I'm so sorry I only have experience in Japanese - Russian translation. It's only like one of the most difficult languages in the world, nothing special.
:(

random25

It's really funny they are asking that question repeatedly with DeNA CEO up front lol.

Moriyasu should really speak more about that question.

Thoraxes

Nintendo has joined with DeNA
Nintendo will make original games for phones from Nintendo IP
Nintendo are making a hybrid for phone games and its own called NX (4DS and android device?)
Nintendo claims environmental changes are the main reason this happened
Claims wont cheapen 3ds/wiiu because they are not the same games

Iwata is eating his hat

Also now stuffing his pillows with money instead of down.

Thoraxes

Does DeNA have any presence in the west? If not, I wonder who Nintendo would partner up with here.

Whatever, I'm expecting Nintendo to still make stupid decisions.

They mentioned it in the presentation. Nintendo has worldwide IP appeal that can help DeNA expand globally. It's part of the benefit they see from forming a capital alliance.

Thank god it's ending. I was want to go to the bathroom and then decompress and try to go to sleep. So lucky I have Spring Break this week and woke up at 2 AM.

It's really funny they are asking that question repeatedly with DeNA CEO up front lol.

Moriyasu should really speak more about that question.

giphy.gif

mainstream news sites and newspapers (like Libération) are talking about Nintendo puting games on smartphones (France here).

It begins. For good or bad, nothing will be the same as before.

Nintendo has joined with DeNA
Nintendo will make original games for phones from Nintendo IP
Nintendo are making a hybrid for phone games and its own called NX (4DS and android device?)
Nintendo claims environmental changes are the main reason this happened
Claims wont cheapen 3ds/wiiu because they are not the same games

Iwata is eating his hat

Was Iwata that against mobile? I know the guy has previously made some silly comments, like the one about HD lol but don't remember anything about mobile.

Thoraxes

I still don't know what DeNA has done that makes Nintendo interested in partnering with them.

Mobile gaming is massive in Japan.
DeNA is one of the top mobile game companies in Japan with some of the highest market proliferation.
Nintendo wants to make titles for mobile without compromising their dedicated console experiences.
Nintendo gets one of the market leaders to help them get into the market.
DeNA gets to use Nintendo IP to spread their products globally.

Both companies make a shitload of money in the process.

Thoraxes

I just woke up and Nintendo's made a U-turn re their mobile stance? What the hell!? Can someone explain?

There's no U-turn per say. Existing experiences and console/handheld games will not be ported to mobile, while new game that will utilize Nintendo IP will be created with that market in mind.

random25

It's over. I guess it'll be a big news in the gaming world and business world by tomorrow morning in the US lol.

As to how that will impact their business remains to be seen. The prospect looks good, though. Interested in what games they'll put up that will help their dedicated gaming business going forward.

As for the NX announcement of sorts, it's funny how he just casually mentioned that. Like out of the blue lol. But I understand as it will ease up the fears of gaming fans about Nintendo's shift of gaming business.

correct me if im wrong but essentially...

DeNA will assist in... leveraging IPs in a mobile space and develop their online architecture?

I still don't know what DeNA has done that makes Nintendo interested in partnering with them.

The impression I got is that Nintendo wants them to assist with the mobile infrastructure and account system side rather than actual game development. Iwata also made a point of saying that unlike other companies, DeNA were happy to have their role less visible, more focused on backend stuff.

antonz

I just woke up and Nintendo's made a U-turn re their mobile stance? What the hell!? Can someone explain?

Instead of trying to brute force their way into the Mobile market they instead become the 2nd largest shareholder in a major mobile game studio/publisher and will do unique joint projects.

There's no U-turn per say. Existing experiences and console/handheld games will not be ported to mobile, while new game that will utilize Nintendo IP will be created with that market in mind.

Instead of trying to brute force their way into the Mobile market they instead become the 2nd largest shareholder in a major mobile game studio/publisher and will do unique joint projects.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom