• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Serkantoto: DeNA and Nintendo join press conference at 5PM JST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, people are thinking this is Nintendo going mobile after Iwata categorically said, again, last month that it's not happening?

Good grief.

They said they're going to do an app featuring Miis. They said eShop/Miiverse apps. That's the most we'll get on smartphones.
Yeah this conference is gonna be very good or very nothing. Anything with iwata in it wont be bad

Seriously, people are thinking this is Nintendo going mobile after Iwata categorically said, again, last month that it's not happening?

Good grief.

They said they're going to do an app featuring Miis. They said eShop/Miiverse apps. That's the most we'll get on smartphones.

Nintendo and Hype go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly in a sandwich.

Unhealthy, but it's satisfying.

Good grief.

You mean like the time where he said a 3DS revision isn't happening anytime soon, just a few days before the 3DS XL was announced?

Also, why blast a 60 minutes press conference on the announcement of an eShop app or something? Would be pretty...stupid.

CHusson91

Banned

Good grief.

Why do you always come off as so passive aggressive?

AdanVC

I honestly never heard of DeNA but reading what you guys are saying is a mobile developer corporation in Japan?? Holy mother and the fact that Iwata will be there means there's gonna be a megaton announcement. Let the hype, speculation meltdown and dissapointment begins!

Good grief.

Here's how it went down:

Nintendo approached DeNA last month.
DeNA declined.
Iwata reconfirmed that Nintendo would not be going mobile.
Flash forward to about 30 minutes ago, DeNA reconsiders and agrees.
Surprise press conference is called.

Seems pretty clear to me.

;)

boiled goose

good with gravy
Hopefully:

Mobile on Nintendo.
Eshop app
Miiverse app

I wish:

Unified eShop and Nintendo account with online browser and app management.

Sandfox

You mean like the time where he said a 3DS revision isn't happening anytime soon, just a few days before the 3DS XL was announced?

Also, why blast a 60 minutes press conference on the announcement of an eShop app or something? Would be pretty...stupid.

That's not really a good comparison at all. Also, if Nintendo was going mobile I'm sure they wouldn't need DeNA lol.

Sheroking

『Inaba Resident』;156246820 said:
Extreme dissapointnent about to happen

It's a co-conference with a mobile company.

Nothing would be more of a relief more than a disappointment.

Seriously, fuck mobile and everything it stands for

ash_ag

Nintendo isn't "going mobile". Perhaps they might bring some mobile games in the future, but they don't need DeNA for that. They have their own channels and like to have full creative and marketing control of their products. They also aren't buying DeNA or whatever other crazy theory floats around. :p

Iwata had mentioned earlier this year that they plan to bring more mobile games à la Puzzle & Dragons on their platforms, and I'm confident this has to do with that.

It'll be interesting if it's something else, but I see no reason to panic.

Nintendo's going mobile baby!

pitbull-bud-light-o.gif

NolbertoS

Honestly I'm going to bed and tomorrow this thread will balloon to 150 pages and meltdowns, lulz and dehype will happen like usual on GAF, or Iwata will signal the Nintenpocalypse. If Nintendo buys DeNA, expect MS and Sony to folloe Nintendo's lead like usual and start buying mobile developers to position the mobile wars.

Nanashrew

Banned
Honestly I'm going to bed and tomorrow this thread will balloon to 150 pages and meltdowns, lulz and dehype will happen like usual on GAF, or Iwata will signal the Nintenpocalypse. If Nintendo buys DeNA, expect MS and Sony to folloe Nintendo's lead like usual and start buying mobile developers to position the mobile wars.

It'll be a fun ride though!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
We will finally see the result of nintendo mobile app team. Yes, they have one and it was officially announced

Azure J

Dammit, I have a Discreet Math midterm in 6 hours, but the temptation to stay up just a bit longer and see what this is all about is strong...

Shadoron

The really interesting bit is that this will be on YouTube, not Nico Nico, and have English subtitles ( or dubbing... or something).

Hopefully, this is some good news for Nintendo fans.

Sou

DeNA has seen drastic decline in profit over the past couple of years.
Their only money making venture, mobage, is desperately looking for ways increase revenue. What better way to do this than to offer their content on another platform?

By the same token, there's very little reason for Nintendo to buy a company that is bleeding money, but they would like a way to connect their products to mobile game audience.

Offering mobage games featuring Nintendo IP's on Nintendo platforms is a good compromise that would provide value to both parties.

This urban legend needs to fucking die. He never said that. He said and I quote :

in the context of new things to add to the 3DS' interface
“I really feel like I’m satisfied with the 3DS hardware as it is. I feel like it’s the best for this generation. What we’re thinking about right now is probably going to be for a future generation of handheld.”

He never said anything about a bigger model of a current system not " happening anytime soon". The 3DS XL didn't add anything to the 3DS' hardware.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
A surprise press conference is what you would do if you wanted to announce something mobile related without letting crazy "Nintendo going mobile?!" speculation affect stock prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom