• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sex robot sent for repairs after being molested at tech fair

More like this.

ImpoliteAntiqueIguanodon-small.gif

I'm oddly turned on by this gif.

SheSaidNo

Reminds me of when shia labeouf was molested by a women when he had his performance show where he sat in a room with a paper bag over his head while people came into the room one by one. People with power become abusive. Who cares about a robot tho

Ploid 3.0

Good R&D opportunity there. Improve and test again. Why were the fingers broken so easily. Build them for battle, make sure they can carry ammo and injured soldiers, then build them for malfunctioning due to PTSD during abusive sex.

FUME5

I mean, I can find thousands of pictures of women pretending to fuck statues etc.. as well.

Faking a sex act with an inanimate object isn't some sure sign of deep seated misogyny or perversion.

Fuchsdh

...it's a robot. Literally an object, built for this express purpose. How do people see this as evidence towards a deep-seated trend of objectification of real human beings?

Say it's a symbol if you want, but evidence it ain't.

Yeah it's not actually a good example, because they're literally being designed and are objects. This is basically just any other story of "people demolish demo units".

I think you'd have a better argument towards this reflecting the objectification of women coming at it from the angle that it's that objectification that spurs demand for sex robots. There, though, you'd have to argue against the existence of female-focused sex robots and sex toys, though.

Keri

A number of studies have reported a significant number of people saying they would be in favour of using sex robots, with a recent online survey of heterosexual men finding that 40% of those surveyed said they would buy an AI sex robot within the next five years.

Well, this is a weird thing that I now know, but wish I didn't.

Top Bottom