• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sex robot sent for repairs after being molested at tech fair

Redrable

Unconfirmed Member
I remember writing a short sci-fi story about AI trafficking once. I assume it's going to be a widespread problem with improvements toward AI sentience, due to pure ease and lower moral barrier.

UrbanRats

Im going to feel so sorry when an AI/smarthouse type thing gets linked to them Japanese toilets some day...
poor thing.

This is a silly way to look at it.
A toilet AI would be programmed to be happy to do its task, much like you're biologically programmed to love eating animal corpses and shoot seed into other humans.

MKIL65

Was one of them a courier?

TYK1B8W.png

xandaca

I get the feeling that when these 40% of surveyed men are asked if they'd buy a sex robot, they're thinking a flawlessly lifelike Victoria's Secret model who feels and acts entirely human, rather than a cold, uncanny valley automaton who says "Hello [insert user] shall we [insert perversion]" in a robo-voice before crushing the dude's skull under half a ton of steel when he tells it to sit on his face.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
I get the feeling that when these 40% of surveyed men are asked if they'd buy a sex robot, they're thinking a flawlessly lifelike Victoria's Secret model who feels and acts entirely human, rather than a cold, uncanny valley automaton who says "Hello [insert user] shall we [insert perversion]" in a robo-voice before crushing the dude's skull under half a ton of steel when he tells it to sit on his face.

Well, duh. Although I've said before on this subject that there are probably ways to get around the uncanny valley problem that don't involve creating a life like face; better to fall short of it then fail at bridging it.

I get the feeling that when these 40% of surveyed men are asked if they'd buy a sex robot, they're thinking a flawlessly lifelike Victoria's Secret model who feels and acts entirely human, rather than a cold, uncanny valley automaton who says "Hello [insert user] shall we [insert perversion]" in a robo-voice

I get the feeling that you're highly over-estimating most men's requirements when it comes to sex.

Top Bottom