• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sex robot sent for repairs after being molested at tech fair

Haunted

dbc.gif
perfect :lol

daveo42

Banned
This will be a moment oft talked about by our future robot masters as to one of the early reasons for their eventual uprising and enslavement of humanity. The other being the Boston Robotics team.

...it's a robot. Literally an object, built for this express purpose. How do people see this as evidence towards a deep-seated trend of objectification of real human beings?

Say it's a symbol if you want, but evidence it ain't.
It’s pretty telling that you think molestation and sex are the same thing

It’s also not even their property. It shows a huge lack of respect, you think that’s just an anomaly? I’m sure these are all upstanding gentlemen that would never act inappropriately

I'm mildy aroused by her. She is actually pretty cute. I'm just wondering if she is anatomically correct down there entirely. like does she have both holes?

Irminsul

According to the Austrian newspaper "Der Standard", this isn't actually true: http://derstandard.at/2000065016001...-die-Welt-Keine-Uebergriffe-auf-Sexroboter-in

Auf Nachfrage des STANDARDs beim "Ars Electronica"-Presseverantwortlichen Christopher Sonnleitner wurde dies nicht bestätigt. Die Puppe war während der Gesamtdauer des Festivals in Linz und zeigte normale Abnutzungserscheinungen und wurde nicht kaputtgemacht, wie vom Boulevard berichtet.

Translation:

Christopher Sonnleitner, PR spokesman for the "Ars Electronica" festival, didn't confirm these reports. The doll was present during the whole festival and showed normal signs of use. It also didn't get destroyed, as reported by the yellow press.

llien

How could one molest a thing?.

Sex dolls are on the market for decades.
Sex toys stimulating various parts of body are on the market for decades.
Inevitably they will combine them.
There are women dolls, there are male dolls.
Of all sorts of "sexual orientation" (if that can be applied to a thing)

It is essentially yet another masturbation device, I don't see reasons to oppose it, on the opposite, it could well reduce number of sexual assault.

orava

This entire thing was most likely planned by the robot makers. Free hands-on access for hundreds people at a tech fair? This "molesting" was exactly what they wanted to happen. Clever marketing.

cromofo

Interesting times ahead.

Women gonna have a stern competition with all this AI pussy walking around.

The very first page of search results with "moderate" filtering:

Look at all those statues of men being sexist and disgusting.

Women were a mistake.

DemWalls

To be fair, this kind of thing (if true) happens with any kind of demo unit, whatever's the article.

Some people are just barbarians.

magnetic

Am I already too late to pretend I didn't read that the story was just made up or can I still make hyperbolic statements about all males?

slider

If folk treat other folks like shit, I can't believe how bad they'll be with a sexbot.

Edit: Fake? What the fuck is with fake stories. Makes me angry cos I genuinely think "why would anyone lie (on the internet)".

Micael

Too late, we figured men were a mistake already. Stay tuned on the actions you should take to address that mistake, citizen.

The funny thing is that it doesn't even matter if the story is true or not, if we are talking about objectifying objects in a sexual way, I can say with quite some safety that women have men beat there by quite a wide margin, unless we count hands as objectifying objects, in which case its a fair competition.

Top Bottom