• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow Warrior 2 Consoles (PS4/XBOXONE)

Bedlam

Cross-posting my thoughts on the game from the other thread (since this is the OT here)...

Fuck this shit. I'm done with this game.

Lost 10 skill points and 300.000 money because of the save bug yesterday. Missions still count as completed.

Hands off the console version of the game, guys! This game needs a patch or two at least (see also the other issues that I mentioned).

Also, while the first impressions of the game were pretty decent and I really got into crafting upgrade items and upgrading my weapons, it became very apparent since that SW2 is basically "Fetchquest - The Game". The more I play, the more tedious and monotonous it becomes. The game shows almost all of its cards within the first couple hours (environments, enemy types) and then never really mixes it up except with new guns. I've been fighting the same guys in same-y randomly created levels for the last 15 hours. This coupled with a save bug that causes you to lose hours of progress is just a perfect recipe for frustration.

Writing and voice acting are cringe-worthy btw, and in 99% of cases not in a good way.

Whoever put this on the same level as the tightly designed DOOM is insane. SW2's saving graces are its shooting mechanics and some nice vegetation graphics. Everything else is mediocre at best. If you want more arcade shooting action after completing DOOM, I'd wholeheartedly recommend CoJ Gunslinger instead of this.

Is there an option to auto pick up items. Mashing X constantly is gettin as annoying as these cutscenes lol.
They should auto pick-up within your character radius or when you walk over them if the PC version is to go by. There is even a skill which increases pick-up range on PC. Is it not so on console?
Yes, there is a skill that increases the radius for auto-pickup.

However, auto-pickup is one of those things in the game that doesn't always work as it should. Sometimes you can even run right through items and it doesn't pick them up, you have to do it manually. It sucks when comfort stuff like that isn't reliable. Especially since there is A LOT to pickup in the game.

Is anyone having a weird bug on PS4 where suddenly fps goes crazy and the game stutters? I had to restart the console for it to be fixed....

Bedlam

Is anyone having a weird bug on PS4 where suddenly fps goes crazy and the game stutters? I had to restart the console for it to be fixed....
So that problem still exists with the first patch, huh? Cross-posting my post from the other thread, a week ago:

I have not had this issue so far but I experienced a couple of other bugs within my six hours of playtime.

- I've seen enemies in T-poses
- huge enemies clipping through the world from underground sections (I saw half the guy above ground)
- I can sometimes and suddently not walk fluidly anymore, you can only "stutter" into directions. This is a major issue and can only be rectified by going back to the main menu and load the save again. It happened about 5-6 times to me.
- the "aim assist"-option keeps turning itself on again every time I start up the game, I think it even happens when returning to the main menu and loading the save again

The game is really fun but it desperately needs a patch. I haven't seen anything this buggy on consoles for a very long time... (I didn't play ME Andromeda)

The game is a buggy mess.

I've not played since losing 10 skill points and 300k of money because of the save bug (which is supposedly fixed now, but I lost all drive to play the game).

Mossybrew

The only bug I've encountered is the "stuttery movement" but it sure is annoying since you have to restart to fix it, and it's happened about five times now.

Other than that, been really enjoying the game.

Been trying to play this with friends, but a full party makes the fps legit crawl when getting into any decent sized fight, which is basically all of them at four man scaling.. Disappointing they couldn't get four man running fine at 30 FPS when the original ran at a pretty stable 60.

Top Bottom