• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

Luigi87

So after 30 packs.

8f7kVYd.jpg

I've never been this lucky, lol. Three animated.
Shadowcraft's is the only one I'm missing one of.

this excelsior dude just spent 80 bux to get crystals to buy packs
dayum this game sure is scary huh

To be fair, Vindi runs the official tournaments so spending money on the game just makes sense.

The expansion is real interesting. Spellboost follower runecraft is definitely a real thing now. There's quite a few decks I want to mess around with once I get the cards for them

4Tran

All I got was a useless Eidolon of Madness to go along with my already useless Skullfane! So I created a new account and rerolled - to 13 legendaries. I've been playing for a couple of weeks, and all I had was 8, and three of them were trash! It's sad to be so badly beaten by a newly created account.

Luigi87

Decided to buy the pre-con Dragon deck, and then crafted a third Forte.
Been ultimately wanting to start playing another craft aside from Forest, and Dragon seems to appeal to me.

Nice additional 5 packs for extended maintenance :)

Opened 45 for far and got:

2x Albert
Sahaquiel
2x Bahamut
Imperial Dragoon
and 19 golds :)

Opened 21 packs and got Daria, Imperial Dragoon and Albert. Not a bad haul. Also, did they increase the chances of getting animated cards? It seems like 1 or 2 in every pack, sometimes more, were animated?

Moonlight

Banned
Hey, just started playing. Was just wondering if anyone could tell me if the cards I opened were worth keeping my account over, or if I should just reroll one or two more times for something better:

Beast Dominator
Gabriel
Odin
Alexander (x2)
Zirnitra
Enstatued Seraph
Imperial Dragoon
Lord Atomy

I'm not gonna list all the Gold cards I opened in the interest of keeping this post readable, but generally I opened more Dragoncraft cards than anything else, so I'm leaning toward that direction for my first deck. If I stick with this, is there a decent beginner build to go for in that direction? And would buying one of those pre-built decks be useful?

Kumubou

Say what now?
Isabelle's outfit was changed for the international release and there are some promotional avatars from Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls that only show up in Japanese clients (they show up as the default avatar to International players), but you can edit the international client so that you get the JP assets (including all of the original Japanese voicework) while keeping the language in English.

Pooya

Are there files for steam release somewhere? I only saw the android ones on reddit.

got my 2000 gold thanks to reddit and private matches, that went very quickly. good stuff.

Szadek

Great, now that I finally have an iphone that can play the game,I can no longer link it to my steam account.
Fanfuckingtastic.

gngf123

Only got Albert, Daria and Eidolon from the 35 packs I opened.

I did get 3x Uriel and 3x Owl Guardian though. Guess I'll be trying out Discard Dragon for a bit.

So a new set got released? How are the new cards? I hope they aren't too op.

Way too early to say, but they tried to not have too much power creep.

gngf123

That's good to hear, we need more variety in decks. It is kind of a shame to see the same 4 decks over and over again.

There's definitely more variation right now. Disco Dragon and boosted follower rune decks are around for example.

Some of this is just day 1 testing and might settle down pretty quickly, but for now it's nice.

There's some kind of reward for playing private matches now - 100 gold for each unique oponent you play (up tp 20) - so 2k gold for free :)

gngf123

So PTPDragon absolutely does work like I thought it would, but it seems to be way too unreliable.

Luxfang isn't quite enough token generation, I was thinking maybe Urd + Pyroxene could be used for token + 3 cards but not sure if that is actually working. Tried to fill in with Carrot or evolve Lizardman, not really great.

Still managed to win a game with it though. 30 shadows on turn 10, and double PTP finish.

I think pure discard with storm as a finisher will function better. Doesn't have the 50/50 Uriel that PTP has and is less prone to a deckout.

EDIT:

Okay, it can work, if I'm extremely careful. Winning a few games with PTP on turn 8-9 now, but I am finishing with only 2-4 cards left in my deck on average, it's very risky.

Blade25

Hey, just started playing. Was just wondering if anyone could tell me if the cards I opened were worth keeping my account over, or if I should just reroll one or two more times for something better:

Beast Dominator
Gabriel
Odin
Alexander (x2)
Zirnitra
Enstatued Seraph
Imperial Dragoon
Lord Atomy

Odin and Enstatued Seraph are good to have IMO. The rest are meh. Maybe someone else can chime in on it. You can probably make a cheap Elana/Seraph deck that will take you to at least A with it.

Used all my gold and out of the 105 packs for RoB I got.

3 Alberts (2 animated)
3 Eidolons
2 Bahamut
1 Sahaquiel
1 Blood Hungry Matriarch

1 legendary per 10 packs, I wish I had better luck.

Luigi87

Hm, that I don't know, but I want to think so since once things are linked, they're linked.
IE: Anyone who already directly linked iOS and Steam prior to the update removing that option are still linked.

Edit: I really hope ranked comes back before month's end... I'm 1400pts away from that Liza sleeve >_<

Luigi87

Okay yeah. PTPDragon is a bad idea, would not recommend.

I was watching Envybaer's stream last night and she was thinking about it, but someone in chat said he has played over 100 games as discard dragon pre-patch, and only once went over 30 shadows.
Dragon generally not creating additional minions like Forest and Rune, it's more like SuicideDragon

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Went into the expansion with 8k gold. Got 2k for the private matches quest. With 15 free RoB packs and 1100g coming up for new years, I'm swimming in packs. I probably bought too much of RoB and DE, but I don't want to buy standard packs since arena is so much more optimal, just need to spend the time.

I think out of the 70 packs I opened, I only got 6 legendaries... But I got all the golds except the ones I wanted and at least I got Bahamut for Ramp Dragon?

gngf123

I was watching Envybaer's stream last night and she was thinking about it, but someone in chat said he has played over 100 games as discard dragon pre-patch, and only once went over 30 shadows.
Dragon generally not creating additional minions like Forest and Rune, it's more like SuicideDragon

You wouldn't play it like pre-patch disco. There are some new ways to generate tokens, so I thought it would be worth trying.

Unless you are going for neutralPTP with Carrot and using Dragon's cards to speed things up, it's still not enough though. If there was a second card similar to Luxfang I'd say that would be enough to make it viable.

The dream would be to have a card that returns itself to your hand when discarded, but maybe that would be too much aha.

Luigi87

Went into the expansion with 8k gold. Got 2k for the private matches quest. With 15 free RoB packs and 1100g coming up for new years, I'm swimming in packs. I probably bought too much of RoB and DE, but I don't want to buy standard packs since arena is so much more optimal, just need to spend the time.

I think out of the 70 packs I opened, I only got 6 legendaries... But I got all the golds except the ones I wanted and at least I got Bahamut for Ramp Dragon?

In spite of the numerous legendaries I got, I neglected to mention my gold pull rate absolutely sucked.

gngf123

Away from Dragon talk: I've noticed that Aggro rune is not only a thing now, but it's genuinely really good. Daria is a seriously amazing card.

Luigi87

Absolutely, and with her own cost reduction an early draw means she can generally be played by turn 4~5.

I feel like in terms of overall versatility toward their crafts, Daria and Albert are probably the best (well, most useful?) legendaries. Of course I could very well be proven wrong in the coming days/weeks as decks begin to see play for the other crafts.

Uthred

Tempted to give this a go, is there any use for crystals other than boosters and pre-cons? I see we get the usual euro=dollar bullshit conversion rate. Can't face re-rolling but got 12 legendaries with my starter packs so I figure thats good enough to get going?

Luigi87

Tempted to give this a go, is there any use for crystals other than boosters and pre-cons? I see we get the usual euro=dollar bullshit conversion rate. Can't face re-rolling but got 12 legendaries with my starter packs so I figure thats good enough to get going?

Depending which legendaries/gold you got, but that is a good number, especially since you could always liquify ones you don't want to use later on.

Yes that is all crystals are for generally. If you use them per daily deal, you can get twice as many packs (50/c per rather than 100/c per), it just requires being patient.

gngf123

12 legendaries is great from the starter packs, so you have no need to reroll anyway.

Uthred

Depending which legendaries/gold you got, but that is a good number, especially since you could always liquify ones you don't want to use later on.

Yes that is all crystals are for generally. If you use them per daily deal, you can get twice as many packs (50/c per rather than 100/c per), it just requires being patient.

Got Aurelia, Lord of the Flies, Bloody Mary, Gabriel, Dragonsong Flute, Nephthys, Imperial Dragoon, Fairy Princess, Sahaquiel, White Wolf, Dalia, Lord Atomy. The first four were mentioned in the re-roll guide in the OP, also got a few decent gold ones from the same re-roll list so figured that would do.

gngf123

I know that is too soon, but how will the meta change?

You said it, way too soon.

My early impressions are that Aggro/Tempo Rune, and the slightly buffed Aggro Blood are going to be very strong.

Disco Dragon is better, and will be in the new meta, but I don't think it is going to be a top deck yet.

The wider use of AOA cards is going to hinder the use of cards like Otohime IMO.

Got Aurelia, Lord of the Flies, Bloody Mary, Gabriel, Dragonsong Flute, Nephthys, Imperial Dragoon, Fairy Princess, Sahaquiel, White Wolf, Dalia, Lord Atomy. The first four were mentioned in the re-roll guide in the OP, also got a few decent gold ones from the same re-roll list so figured that would do.

Nearly every single one of those cards is good or great. That's a great roll.

Moonlight

Banned
Odin and Enstatued Seraph are good to have IMO. The rest are meh. Maybe someone else can chime in on it. You can probably make a cheap Elana/Seraph deck that will take you to at least A with it.
Hmm, okay. I think I'll try rerolling for a better crop of legendaries. At least a couple of the staples listed in the guide, anyways. Thanks!

gngf123

Hmm, okay. I think I'll try rerolling for a better crop of legendaries. At least a couple of the staples listed in the guide, anyways. Thanks!

Hope you are prepared to spend a good amount of time rerolling for a better set than that. It's really not bad what you started with.

Imperial Dragoon is good, and not on any staple lists since it's a brand new card. Gabriel is getting some more use in the past day as part of NeutralCraft decks, and Atomy is a fun off-meta card.

9 legendaries with at least 5 being usable is normally what I would consider something worth keeping.

Uthred

Nice, played for a bit, opened five packs and got two Otohime's, clearly blowing all my gacha luck on this (as I continue to get dogshit in Granblue), along with the Swordcraft starter I just need to dust Tsubaki and I should have a pretty good Swordcraft deck.

Blade25

Is it too early to start complaining?

I think Daria is broken as fuck! Jesus christ, banish your hand and draw 5, spell boost x 5 for 5 PP? My god...

gngf123

Is it too early to start complaining?

I think Daria is broken as fuck! Jesus christ, banish your hand and draw 5, spell boost x 5 for 5 PP? My god...

It's early days yet, so it's hard to tell. She is very clearly the most obvious change in meta right now though.

I think her predictability and the fact that there are so many AOA cards now makes her easier to counter, but she is very strong.

Daria into Daria is fucking nasty however.

EDIT: Okay yeah, Daria is just a tiny bit broken.

4Tran

I think that I stole all of the luck from my previous roll. I just opened another 10 packs and got 3 legendaries out of them! Two of them are meh, but the third one was an Ancient Elf, and that's the only card I regret giving up. It's still sad that this collection is only on its second day but it's already more impressive than the one I'd taken all the way to B3.

4Tran

I just finished all of the Elite practices, and it was a real breeze compared to the first time. Originally, I gutted it out with a Ramp Dragon deck, but a (mostly) properly put together Banner Sword decks is a helluva lot more powerful.

Control blood is pretty annoying right now. Yurius is a really nice 2 drop.
Yeah, given his ability, he should really be either a 1/2 or a 2/2. I imagine that he gives a conniption to Forestcraft decks.

Top Bottom