• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

Hey guys, you're probably a little sick of these questions but I just started. Got 17 Base set packs, 26 Darkness parks and 15 Bahamut packs. From those I opened 6 legendaries:

Merlin
Lord of the Flies
Enstatued Seraph
Odin
Dark Angel Olivia
Sahaquiel (Animated)

I also opened 29 golds:

Front Lines
Timeworn Mage Levi
Selwyn's Command x2
Secrets of Erasmus
Urd
Lucious, Goblin Slayer x2
Mastema
Arcane Enlightenment
Elf Girl Liza
Dale Masamune
Castle in the Sky
Dire Bond
Righteous Devil
Ceridwen
Athena
Deathly Tyrant
Kaguya
Ice Blade Warfiend
Anne, Belle of Mysteria
Polyphonic Roar
Valhallan General x2
Archangel Reina x2
Azazel x2
Incandescent Dragon

Should I reroll or does this seem like a good start?

4Tran

Hey guys, you're probably a little sick of these questions but I just started. Got 17 Base set packs, 26 Darkness parks and 15 Bahamut packs. From those I opened 6 legendaries:

Merlin
Lord of the Flies
Enstatued Seraph
Odin
Dark Angel Olivia
Sahaquiel (Animated)

Should I reroll or does this seem like a good start?
The quality of your legendaries is pretty high, but you can definitely do better. I managed to get 13 legendaries with a reroll yesterday, so you should aim for 10 or better.

Luigi87

Why did they disable iOS > Steam transfers?

Started on iPhone and now I have no way to playing it on PC.

I think it will come back soon. They are still doing some server-maintenance since Ranked isn't available yet either :/

They did remove the feature entirely (it was mentioned in the RoB notes originally posted on December 19th or so). In order to link an account through iOS to other platforms you need to link through Facebook first.

https://shadowverse.com/news/important/news-0046

So it seems like if one wants to get it from iOS to Steam, one needs to go
iOS -> FB -> Android -> Steam

While a hell of a process, the easiest way of accomplishing that would be using an Android emulator like Bluestacks I imagine.
It's unfortunate that they don't specify what the unforeseen circumstances leading to this are.

I'm sensing a solid compensation for that :D

I've tried arena and Dragoncraft seems very impressive after expansion - especialy those Wyverns which produce cost 1 damage spells and they have impressive stats - you can trade them 3:1 usually on evolve or just get additional fodder for discard effects.

Luigi87

Well yes, that's due to no, or lack thereof, MMR matching in casual generally. Casual also has more experimental decks, and people grinding dailies.

I was simply noting that ranked was out of maintenance.

gngf123

Casual will usually use whatever MMR you gained in ranked when pairing you up. Maybe that's all out of whack right now.

Pooya

why would cards not work in ranked but work in casual? I don't get it. It's like this game is running on some jerry rigged backend lol.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
why would cards not work in ranked but work in casual? I don't get it. It's like this game is running on some jerry rigged backend lol.
Some card effects are bugged. Probably not game-breaking or consistently bugged. So rather than disable the cards, they just won't let them into ranked.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
My first non-Dragoncraft 5-0!

FKZBRoz.jpg

dDhzPHW.jpg

Weirdest curve ever. I had one 3-drop and one 4-drop. Kind of luckily, I went first 4 times. This is good for me because I have no good turn 4 evo, and I was able to spam 2-drops and gain early tempo and overpower their turn 4 evo (won vs three turn 4 floral fencers!) My mid-game was weak, but if I tempoed out early, it would be ok. Having three of the 5 mana removals AND Odin AND Bahamut secured my lategame.

I drew Bahamut, but never had a chance to play him. Just having him in my hand was good, because I could make aggressive face plays. If the opponent ever faced me back, I could've punished with Bahamut.

The one time I used the Swordcraft aoe, I DIDN"T KNOW IT HIT ALLIES TOO. Luckily, I *only* killed a 1/2 and a 2/1, but that was in my 5th game and it almost gave me a heart attack.

Uthred

I know in other Cygames games they hand out premium currency fairly regularly is there any way to get crystals in game other than simply buying them?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I know in other Cygames games they hand out premium currency fairly regularly is there any way to get crystals in game other than simply buying them?
I don't think they've ever given out Crystals. Only gold, packs, or individual cards. Gotta buy the premium decks with real money unfortunately.

4Tran

The 500 Gold New Year's bonus is available, so go get yours today!

The one time I used the Swordcraft aoe, I DIDN"T KNOW IT HIT ALLIES TOO. Luckily, I *only* killed a 1/2 and a 2/1, but that was in my 5th game and it almost gave me a heart attack.
Good work on the Take Two. The first thing that I noticed about that card was the "ALL other followers" wording. It's still a seriously strong card for Midrange and Control Swordcraft though.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Good work on the Take Two. The first thing that I noticed about that card was the "ALL other followers" wording. It's still a seriously strong card for Midrange and Control Swordcraft though.
Not sure about midrange unless you can target Saber when she has the buff, which I assume you cannot. Definitely strong for control though. Maybe strong enough to make control swordcraft an actual thing.

Edit: Welp, you definitely can target Saber hehe. In my defense, I don't actually own her!

Luigi87

Cyclone Blade saved my ass a few times in a recent T2... I went 4-1 in the end, being beaten by a Blood deck in my final match.

Edit: Alright, up to B0. Lost first trial, but won my next two. Sucked for my first one. Went 1st, and then mulligan'd a 9 | 3 | 9 (the 9s being Olivias) and then drew a DoD. Horrible curve (or rather lack of one), lol
Just under 600 pts more for Liza sleeve.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Just got into a situation that required some mechanics knowledge that wasn't immediately available to me.

If I use an enhanced Art of the Ninja on Khawy, do I keep my Master Ninja?

My intuition tells me no since the ninja should be summoned before Last Words resolves, but years of HS has screwed with expectations.

Luigi87

Just got into a situation that required some mechanics knowledge that wasn't immediately available to me.

My intuition tells me no since the ninja should be summoned before Last Words resolves, but years of HS has screwed with expectations.

So what was the result? I never played much HS, but for some reason I was thinking that Khawy would be destroyed prior to the Ninja Master summon.

4Tran

If the timing works the way that the cards are worded, the sequence of events should be as follows:

1. Art of the Ninja kills Khawy.
2. Khawy's Last Words trigger.
3. The Master Ninja gets summoned.

The reason for this is the wording on the Art of the Ninja, "Then summon a Master Ninja". This means that the actions don't take place simultaneously, so all triggered effects will happen before the Master Ninja shows up. It's nice clear wording not like what you might see in less well designed cards, and by this, I mean Hearthstone.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
So what was the result? I never played much HS, but for some reason I was thinking that Khawy would be destroyed prior to the Ninja Master summon.
Dunno. Chickened out and made a sub-optimal play haha.

If the timing works the way that the cards are worded, the sequence of events should be as follows:

1. Art of the Ninja kills Khawy.
2. Khawy's Last Words trigger.
3. The Master Ninja gets summoned.

The reason for this is the wording on the Art of the Ninja, "Then summon a Master Ninja". This means that the actions don't take place simultaneously, so all triggered effects will happen before the Master Ninja shows up. It's nice clear wording not like what you might see in less well designed cards, and by this, I mean Hearthstone.
I mean it all depends on whether or not "then" creates a new stack. Idk of any existing examples of this, so the jury is kind of out.

4Tran

Yeah! I'm back in the heady ranks of D0!

More seriously, I'm getting showered by legendaries right now. Just today, I opened an Otohime and a Dragonsong Flute!

Dunno. Chickened out and made a sub-optimal play haha.

I mean it all depends on whether or not "then" creates a new stack. Idk of any existing examples of this, so the jury is kind of out.
If this were Magic, it definitely would. Look at a card like Flicker: "Exile target nontoken permanent, then return it to the battlefield under its owner's control." If it had meant a simultaneous effect, then the word "then" wouldn't be present. In other words, Hearthstone is poisoning your reasoning skills!

Pooya

I opened 2 bahamut packs got 2 imperial dragoons lol.

Seems really terrible, should I dust it to get my second Otohime instead?

Moonlight

Banned
....uh, I linked my account to my Gamecenter account and it deleted everything I had before for some reason. Treated as though my account was fresh again. Is there any way to get my old stuff back or am I screwed?

Pooya

this guy just played bahamut after bahamut, I had answer for 2, but the third one? fun and interactive.

deathwing in hearthstone discards your hand for a reason.

Luigi87

Damn, now to decide do I go for a precon and two packs, or twelve packs...

Edit: Decided on a Forest Precon to finish getting some cards.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
The only question is which precon to get.

In terms of pure value/playability of cards I don't have, Shadow is most worth it followed by Forest, but I feel Forest can't really be played until I get 3 Ancient Elves (or at LEAST 2) and the same applies to Cerberus. I also hate the Cerberus art. Why does Dragon have so many bad golds? =(

Luigi87

I bought the Dragon pre-con day one just for alternate Forte, lol

Also was just playing a Forest deck I put together, went up against an Earth Rite Golem deck, and damn that thing wrecked me hard. After turn 5 I just couldn't clear the constant Guardian Golems my opponent was putting down, and when I got close they'd just Earth Rite + Curse my area to banish all my followers. I was annoyed, but I was impressed.
and I guess I was glad to be against a Rune that wasn't Daria or D.Shift, lol

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I bought the Dragon pre-con day one just for alternate Forte, lol

Also was just playing a Forest deck I put together, went up against an Earth Rite Golem deck, and damn that thing wrecked me hard. After turn 5 I just couldn't clear the constant Guardian Golems my opponent was putting down, and when I got close they'd just Earth Rite + Curse my area to banish all my followers. I was annoyed, but I was impressed.
and I guess I was glad to be against a Rune that wasn't Daria or D.Shift, lol
Rune is the craft I want to experiment the most with since they have so many possibilities: DShift, Daria, ER (with golems focus or not!) and enough draw to facilitate fun combos. Someday, I'll have the cards to do so.

Ok, gotten this game yesterday.

For my first pulls I've gotten the following legendaries

Crystalia Tia
Moon Al-mi'raj
Albert, Levin Saber (Animated)
Lord of the Flies
Enstatued Seraph

Any good?

Luigi87

Well I just opened some more RoB packs and got my third Sahaquiel... now if only I played a Neutral deck, lol

Crystalia Tia
Moon Al-mi'raj
Lord of the Flies
Enstatued Seraph

Any good?

Those are all good legendaries. The issue is they're all for different crafts (well Moon Al-mi'raj and Seraph are both Haven). Consider sharing what golds you opened?

Well I just opened some more RoB packs and got my third Sahaquiel... now if only I played a Neutral deck, lol

Those are all good legendaries. The issue is they're all for different crafts (well Moon Al-mi'raj and Seraph are both Haven). Consider sharing what golds you opened?

I'll just list all the golds I have right now

Dragonnewt Scholar, Shadow Reaper, Shadow Reaper (Animated), Devourer of Heavens, Rogue's Creed, Sadistic Night, Uriel, Dark Offering (Animated), Elf of the Gemstones, Breath of the Salamander, White Paladin, Midnight Haunt, Urd, Goblinbreaker Teena, Noble Fairy, Will of the Forest, Rimewind, Erinyes (Animated), Arcane Enlightenment, Deathly Tyrant, Kaguya, Frontguard General, Ancient Forest Dragon, Ceridwen, Mastema, Calamitous Curse, Balor, Valhallan General, Juno's Secret Laboratory (Animated), Fangblade Slayer

For the most part playing the solo campaign with auto generated decks and figuring it out from there

4Tran

Crystalia Tia
Moon Al-mi'raj
Lord of the Flies
Enstatued Seraph

Any good?
On the one hand, these legendaries are all pretty good, on the other hand, you didn't get very many of them and they're all for different decks. Also, the golds you got don't synergize with them very well, so it's probably better to reroll. If you're going to do that, you should aim for at least 10 legendaries.

zoobzone

They did remove the feature entirely (it was mentioned in the RoB notes originally posted on December 19th or so). In order to link an account through iOS to other platforms you need to link through Facebook first.

https://shadowverse.com/news/important/news-0046

So it seems like if one wants to get it from iOS to Steam, one needs to go
iOS -> FB -> Android -> Steam

While a hell of a process, the easiest way of accomplishing that would be using an Android emulator like Bluestacks I imagine.
It's unfortunate that they don't specify what the unforeseen circumstances leading to this are.

Thanks, did just this.

I used VirtualBox to setup a VM and then got Remix OS installed to link through Facebook. Got a code issued to my email and linked back right into Steam.

4Tran

Holy moly! The last pack I just opened had a Crystalia Tia and a Pascale in it! My luck with legendaries has really soared ever since I rerolled.

EDIT: I have two Pascales now, so I had to go make an Earth Rite deck. I feel sorry for my last opponent - he was facing the opposite a 24/16 Crest Wizard that he had no way of killing.

Top Bottom