• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Albert is that good

now you no longer behind vs shadow for safely evolve albert at turn 5 and attack face

He's not THAT good to make someone quit the game. I'm just seeing salty butthurt

I say this as someone with multiple high level decks of every class but mage/dragon

Pooya

with Luminous Mage, you can easily save evo points for Albert now. It's always online on 9. Just do 10 face damage before then which is so easy with sword.

Luigi87

With the loss of Dragon's mass banish, and the likely increase in Nep decks, I wonder if Shadow will get a 60+% WR against Dragon again like during RoB. It was pretty suffering for Dragon vs Shadow in RoB.
That's partially why I found it funny that those two became so oppressive during TotG

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
with Luminous Mage, you can easily save evo points for Albert now. It's always online on 9. Just do 10 face damage before then which is so easy with sword.

Yeah, let's be real here. This is currently rare with the game atm.

10 health/no blockers/your board able to stay full to kill said blockers or dps past healing is rare

fertygo

With the loss of Dragon's mass banish, and the likely increase in Nep decks, I wonder if Shadow will get a 60+% WR against Dragon again like during RoB. It was pretty suffering for Dragon vs Shadow in RoB.
That's partially why I found it funny that those two became so oppressive during TotG
We just storm people to the death now

There is actually a lot of dragon build that barely use LB because its so expensive

Nep already beats dragon; LB isnt able to banish a staggered 3x morde and 3x kahwi. Honestly I think Nep's win rate will go down after the nerfs since she has a hard matchup against forest which will likely thrive next.

KuroNeeko

We just storm people to the death now

There is actually a lot of dragon build that barely use LB because its so expensive

And this is basically what Albert stands for in my opinion.
Albert alone isn't making me quit Shadowverse. As you said, he's good, but not THAT good (though, actually he is Win Condition-level good).

It's more about the direction that SV has been going for quite some time now--Storm. Most of the best decks utilize some form of Storm or unblockable damage. I enjoyed SV the most back in standard and even DE playing Control Vampire / Necro.

SV has said that they're moving away from the type of game I want to play. So, I think I'm pretty much done with SV until they curb Storm--Albert is just the worst of the bunch right now.

fertygo

but Storming people is fun

For me Shadowverse is fun because unlike in other card game, late game card is so powerful and explosive, its rewarding to actually have and play those Legendaries and there is no case bunch of common card is the most powerful card in the game.

KuroNeeko

but Storming people is fun

For me Shadowverse is fun because unlike in other card game, late game card is so powerful and explosive, its rewarding to actually have and play those Legendaries and there is no case bunch of common card is the most powerful card in the game.

Yeah, that's true and I can respect that.
For me back in the "old" days, making it to turn 9 meant casting a 5/5 that healed me for 5 and did 5 damage.

Now, turn 9 means getting hit for 10 Storm damage, or some other game-ending play. That's fine. I'm not going to keep investing time / money into the game though. ^^

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah, that's true and I can respect that.
For me back in the "old" days, making it to turn 9 meant casting a 5/5 that healed me for 5 and did 5 damage.

Now, turn 9 means getting hit for 10 Storm damage, or some other game-ending play. That's fine. I'm not going to keep investing time / money into the game though. ^^

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

maxresdefault.jpg
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FYI control blood can still roll with everyone else.

Is a potent batch of cards, and that's not even getting into all the monsters. The spider from the new set is wonderful, 1/4 blocker 2 cost

KuroNeeko

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FYI control blood can still roll with everyone else.

Man, that heap of garbage you linked is definitely NOT Control Blood. ^^
That's just what Control Blood players have had to run in order to survive...

Look, mayne. If you're still having fun with the game, then that's great! I don't regret my time with SV, just the direction it went. But that's just like, my opinion, mayne.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)>⌐■-■

edit: lol、yeah, yeah, OK. I'll probably keep messing with CB a bit. lol

TBH, I didn't have much trouble with Necro (since I usually play Vampire / Bishop), but Dragon. Zell being nerfed helps, so we'll see. lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That heap of garbage? LOL wtf those are all control and survival themed cards some of the best in the game.

I play a controll blood deck, I go on 5-10 game win streaks in the AA's I have no idea wtf you are complaining about.

When you control people in shadowverse the point of it is to cockblock them along the way so their turn 9 whatever is negated. At that point they are on the struggle bus and you can whittle them down by turn 12 or 13 if you are going at a slow pace or do your game ender. This game was never about having some crazy 20 turn battles.

KuroNeeko

That heap of garbage? LOL wtf those are all control and survival themed cards some of the best in the game.

I play a controll blood deck, I go on 5-10 game win streaks in the AA's I have no idea wtf you are complaining about

Sorry, I meant it as a joke, but it didn't really come across as one.

The deck you posted is potent; I've seen it a lot on ladder. In my personal opinion, it's not Control Blood--it's a OTK combo deck that uses some control elements to stall until they can deliver the kill. It relies on, yep, Storm to secure the kill where traditional Control Blood builds relied very little on Storm.

The earliest builds used Alucard and it wasn't until the tail end of DE or beginning of the set after that where Control was being forced to go faster to survive (meaning Demonic Lancer). Otherwise, CB was very much an attrition-style of gameplay where you outvalued your opponents through premium removal spells and superior card draw.

I love the legendaries in Blood: Bloody Mary, Belph, QV, BSM, even the Sneks are both cool and powerful. The deck you posted doesn't represent what I feel to be Control Blood. Of course, it's entirely subjective and that fault is on me.

What I meant to say was that, I think it's sad that Control Blood players who traditionally played (and enjoyed) a certain playstyle, have had to resort to a OTK, combo deck to remain viable.

Oh, and I agree that the Spidersilk whatever (1/4 2PP) is great, as is Belph and the focus on Vengeance-based decks that are now prevalent. I just don't care for the OTK-like, Storm-filled meta that SV has become. Strangely enough, I don't really like the Aegis meta either.

So, if you enjoy that deck / playstyle, more power to you. It's not the CB that I worked so hard to craft and enjoyed, nor does it represent the type of game I want to play in the future. But, like I said, that's just my opinion. What I am complaining about is not the inability to win on the ladder, but rather the direction SV is going in. We got a BIG hint at the direction the game is heading with this expansion and the most toxic, unbalanced meta I've seen in any collectable card game (online). So, yes, I don't have a lot of faith in CG right now.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It's still control, you are litereally stalling and preventing the oponent from doing anything, that's literally what a control deck does. D shift is a control deck also and it kills on turn 7 typically.

Like do you just want super prolonged games where you slowly kill someone? That will never happen it wasnt even like that back in 1.0 because of Satan. Like in general card games end pretty quickly once more sets come out to make them more diverse and intense and introduce more ways to kill and deal damage. Shadowverse has always been a game where turn 9-10 was the let's wrap it up phases.

We got a BIG hint at the direction the game is heading with this expansion and the most toxic, unbalanced meta I've seen in any collectable card game (online). So, yes, I don't have a lot of faith in CG right now.

Well for starters the really bad stuff already got nuked into orbit, and everyone else is hovering around 50% except for runecraft

Like idk what to say, I was beating dragon/shadow with every class most of the time. Of course shadow had it's stupid perfect set up I would lose to at times and dragon did it's dumb combos and I got salty but I was still typically winning more than I was losing. I wouldnt have been ranking up otherwise.

KuroNeeko

It's still control, you are litereally stalling and preventing the oponent from doing anything, that's literally what a control deck does. D shift is a control deck also and it kills on turn 7 typically.

Like do you just want super prolonged games where you slowly kill someone? That will never happen it wasnt even like that back in 1.0 because of Satan. Like in general card games end pretty quickly once more sets come out to make them more diverse and intense and introduce more ways to kill and deal damage.

Yeah, Satan was a problem. lol I remember thinking how busted that card was, but I still never hated it as much as I hate Albert. lol

If forced to define it, then yes, I guess I would say that Control, IMO, is based on outvalueing or just grinding your opponents out. CB was unique in that you often had to trigger Vengeance to get the most value (whether it was a time / card / PP advantage) out of your cards. You really had to think about damage on board and how you could take enough damage to hit Vengeance without dying so you could clear the next turn. Longer games meant more "back-and-forth", more opportunities for your opponent to outplay you and vice-versa.

SV in its current state doesn't feel like that at all, and the designers have confirmed this recently when they specified that the game was supposed to be played in shorter bursts (to accommodate commuters playing the game--lol). The cards they've printed reinforce that stance.

As I've said before, it's fine that you disagree and are happy with how SV is progressing as a game. That means that you've fit their target audience. I, on the other hand, don't enjoy how dominant Storm has become, nor the mess of a meta that they made when TotGs came out.

edit: After our talk though, I think I'll be logging back in tonight to see if I can't rekindle some of that love I had for CB though. lol

Luigi87

So you can now buy the previous Score Reward sleeves (currently up to Elana/Liza's release) But they cost 400 Crystals each.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So you can now buy the previous Score Reward sleeves (currently up to Elana/Liza's release) But they cost 400 Crystals each.

400 each for a sleeve? fucking LOL I rather get 8 packs

This isn't physical set of sleeves where I would understand 4 bucks.

They should have sold them for 200

Szadek

400 each for a sleeve? fucking LOL I rather get 8 packs

This isn't physical set of sleeves where I would understand 4 bucks.

They should have sold them for 200
You aren't getting character sleeves for 4$ that are worth your money.
With outer sleeves you are much closer to 8-10$.

Luigi87

Well suffice to say... Shadow's nerf barely hurt it at all. People basically just slot out Prince Catacomb for Bone Chimera, and then still focus on powering up Shadow Reaper, etc.

The official page for the new expansion is up: https://shadowverse.com/cardpack/wonderlanddreams/

There were a few more cards leaked that aren't on there, but you can expect a few cards leaked or revealed on the reddit every few days until it comes out.

Also, they confirmed the top 1k and top 10k master rewards are going to be the same for June as this month (20 free Wonderland packs/5000 vials/1 seers globe and 10 free Wonderland packs/2500 vials respectively). I'll try to make top 10k again, but I'm definitely gonna use more variety of decks this time other than just Aegis Haven and Vengeance blood.

Luigi87

FIRST ANNIVERSARY EVENT!!

https://shadowverse.com/news/important/news-0115

Double mission rewards for select (yet many) missions

10 Daily Login Bonuses

– Day 1: Standard Card Pack Ticket x5
– Day 2: Darkness Evolved Card Pack Ticket x5
– Day 3: Take Two Ticket x3
– Day 4: Rise of Bahamut Card Pack Ticket x 5
– Day 5: Tempest of the Gods Card Pack Ticket x5
– Day 6: Standard Card Pack Ticket x5
– Day 7: Darkness Evolved Card Pack Ticket x5
– Day 8: Take Two Ticket x3
– Day 9: Rise of Bahamut Card Pack Ticket x 5
– Day 10: Tempest of the Gods Card Pack Ticket x5

That's 40 Free Packs, and 6 Take Two tickets

Absolutely insane. I expected some sort of anniversary event, but this is just insane. And this makes it so much easier to save gold for the new expansion when they're giving us 40 packs of the old expansion free.

Some Nobody

FIRST ANNIVERSARY EVENT!!

https://shadowverse.com/news/important/news-0115

Double mission rewards for select (yet many) missions

10 Daily Login Bonuses

– Day 1: Standard Card Pack Ticket x5
– Day 2: Darkness Evolved Card Pack Ticket x5
– Day 3: Take Two Ticket x3
– Day 4: Rise of Bahamut Card Pack Ticket x 5
– Day 5: Tempest of the Gods Card Pack Ticket x5
– Day 6: Standard Card Pack Ticket x5
– Day 7: Darkness Evolved Card Pack Ticket x5
– Day 8: Take Two Ticket x3
– Day 9: Rise of Bahamut Card Pack Ticket x 5
– Day 10: Tempest of the Gods Card Pack Ticket x5

That's 40 Free Packs, and 6 Take Two tickets

Pffahahahahahahhahahha. Who tf spends money on this game??

Kumubou

Pffahahahahahahhahahha. Who tf spends money on this game??
Whales -- it's pretty much the same thing they do with Granblue Fantasy. They give away tons of crap in that game as well, but people will still pay up hundreds to draw the limited waifu. I figure the same thing happens in Shadowverse with animated cards and emblems.

Doesn't matter if you give away 1 or 100 hits free if they're that addicted.

Anniversary event is great, I can't believe they gave us a way to earn extra gold right after they announce an expansion, you'd expect the opposite. I had two pack missions so I got 4 packs for winning 6 games, pretty insane. No good cards in them but hey, free stuff.

In other news, Soul Dominator is such a fun card, you can just get a 10/8 with storm on turn 7 if the board state is right, it's amazing.

Those double rewards will make getting cards from next expansion super easy :) I was normally buying 40-50 ones on release with accumulated gold and I think this time it's going to be 80-90

Top Bottom