• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

New Forest card:
yXqnXTE.jpg

5 5/4
Fanfare: ambush until the end of the opponent turn.

Hey look, Mr. Full Moon has something else he can counter lol. This would never be used in roach, but in other decks it could be pretty good.
Also the official Starforged Legends page is up.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
New Forest card:
yXqnXTE.jpg

5 5/4
Fanfare: ambush until the end of the opponent turn.

Hey look, Mr. Full Moon has something else he can counter lol. This would never be used in roach, but in other decks it could be pretty good.
Also the official Starforged Legends page is up.

Drop that then BnB the next turn or Crystalia Aerin to protect it, or mini roach combo if you are sitting on 2 0 fairies and a 1 cost and a bounce. 7 + 4 + 8 = 19 dmg turn 6 if you go second 17 if first

Szadek

Some more reveals:

Beuton 10pp 8/9 Legendary Dragoncraft Follower Fanfare: Banish all cards in your deck that costs 7 or less.

Andrealphus 2pp 1/2 Gold Shadowcraft Follower Last Words: Draw a card Evolve 2/3 Last Words: Draw a card. Evolve: All followers in your hand gain "Last Words: Draw a card."

EuriphaeBane Ward Fanfare: Give another allied Blood follower "Can't be targeted by spells or effects"

Burning Iron Boot Countdown 3 Fanfare: Deal 3 damage to 1 enemy follower Last Word: Deal 1 damage to 1 random enemy follower

Beurindi Neutral Gold Follower 5pp 5/5 Enhance (7): During the end of your turn, deal 2 damage to an enemy two times.

Fairy's Concoction Forestcraft Silver Spell Add 2 Fairies to your hand. If you have played 2 or more cards in this turn, give all followers +1/+1

Lord General Romeo Silver Sword Commander 3pp 2/3 Ward. If you have played a 3pp Commander this turn, this follower costs 2 until the end of your turn.

Star-Gazing Telescope Bronze Runecraft] Amulet 1pp Earth Sigil Fanfare: Earth Rite : Draw one card and recover 1 Play Point.

The dragon legendary is cool, but probably too slow and does nothing to impact the board.
Andrealphus is really good, but shadow was enough draw as it is. Could still defiently see play.
The forst card seems like good support for aggro decks, but they will need more than this.
The new Earth Sigil is really cool, but they already have 2 1 mana sigils. I guess it will depend on the meta if you play this over scrap golem or not.

It looks like they are pushing commander sword, and I got to say I really like that. I always wanted to play a more synergy oriented sword deck and not just swarm the board.

Also, the that forest card could really help tempo forest. It alone probably isn't enough to make tempo forest viable again, but I really hope they add some more support since tempo forest seems like a fun deck that I never really got to play since it went out of the meta just as I started playing.

Luigi87

Yeah my issue with the Dragon legendary is it forces you to ramp fast and have big bodies in the deck. It will also remove cards like Sybil, Forte, and Dragon's removal like Breath of the Salamander.

Kumubou

Dragon players are going to mash on ramp anyway, and losing removal isn't going to matter when you're nearly guaranteed to draw something like Grimnir, Istrafil or Bahamut on every turn thereafter. Or they could be a jerk and make their only 7+ cards Genesis Dragons and Thors. :V

Am I the only one who thinks the new Earth Rite card is kind of low-key nuts? Now you have a situation where you could completely clear a board of ERs and still get bodied by something like Levi on 6, since that card gives them the PP back (and a card too, because Why Not). The one issue being that you still have to have the cards (which has always been Earth Rite's downfall). Seems like it would be good for burn-based decks.

Am I the only one who thinks the new Earth Rite card is kind of low-key nuts? Now you have a situation where you could completely clear a board of ERs and still get bodied by something like Levi on 6, since that card gives them the PP back (and a card too, because Why Not). The one issue being that you still have to have the cards (which has always been Earth Rite's downfall). Seems like it would be good for burn-based decks.

To get the play point back is an earth rite effect, so it's a 0 cost draw 1 card if they they have an earth sigil in play already.

Szadek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDHryCE1gJo
Shadowverse and F/SN collab to gear up for the movie.
Very nice, my gf should be very happy about this.
The leader are going to be:
Sword - Lancer
Blood - Rider
Rune - Rin
Dragon - Saber
Forest - Archer
Shadow - Saber Alter
Haven - Ilya

We also get more free stuff.
Must resist reinstalling the game.

Send fucking help
Thanks to months nerfs , the game got a lot better in terms of balance and from what I heard HS is quite bad right now (unless you like druids, I guess).
Having said, the next expansion doesn't looks that great right now, but we haven't see most of the cards yet.

They revealed a few more cards, but they are pretty boring, so I will post the more interesting ones:
Lou, the sun spear Swordcraft Gold 2 mana 1/2 Officer.
Fanfare: random put cost 5 or less commander card from your deck to your hand.
Enhance(4): and then random put cost 6 or above commander card from your deck to your hand.

Forestcraft legendary. Fanfare: random deal 1 damage to enemy follower x times, x is number of cards on your hand.

The intersting thing about the sword card is that the Enhance is a drawback if you don't have expensive commander or when you are fishing for albert.
This card could really help commder and control sword.

I only really posted the forest card, because it's a legendary. It's WoTF with a body, but for 1 more mana that's not actually too bad.

Luigi87

Now FS/N is a collab I can get behind!

Also that does seem like a very good Forest legendary. Perhaps the craft will make its comeback this exp.

I think I will finally actually buy new leaders. These make much moee sense than the street fighter leaders lol.

Yeah, there are quite a few new cards posted, a lot of them will be great in Take Two. A couple of the more interesting ones are here:

Haven Gold 2 mana 2/2 (evo 4/4/)
Evolved: damage to your other followers become 0 until the end of turn

This could make storm haven very strong with this as dark jeanne support. It being an evolve effect might limit it though.

Now this card I find pretty appealing. I do not think this will be anywhere near meta next expansion, but I can see it being a very fun deck with dropping this on dragon's 8 mana, then dropping a dragon song flute and then a dragon. It sucks that this legendary gets turned into a dragon if your timing is off, but I am definitely going to try a deck like this out since I have 2 animated dragon song flutes lol.

Still, it has the same problem as dragon song flute: if you have to ramp into overflow anyway, then why not just ramp into dropping big followers instead. Seems like that will always be better than using this and flute.

Szadek

Dragon keeper is a cool card for sure.
I think the idea is that you play a midrange or token deck until you reach 7 mana and then use your overflow combo cards.
This card is a good start, but they are going to need more than this for a new decktype.

Oh, I actually misread the card text. I thought the whole effect was overflow only. Though I still think you would want to run a good amount of ramp since just this wouldn't be enough for dragon to stay on even ground with other classes. Excited to try it nonetheless.

Edit: Wait, the whole ability is overflow only. I'm tired lol.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh, I actually misread the card text. I thought the whole effect was overflow only. Though I still think you would want to run a good amount of ramp since just this wouldn't be enough for dragon to stay on even ground with other classes. Excited to try it nonetheless.

I think its mostly there for when dragon has a buttload of weak followers left over when they get perfect ramps probably will have other stuff to combo with in the future too

Kumubou

I think its mostly there for when dragon has a buttload of weak followers left over when they get perfect ramps probably will have other stuff to combo with in the future too
What Dragon decks even run small followers? The only thing they play that would qualify would be Aiela, and she's usually long dead by the time they're in overflow.

I don't really get this card, unless they plan on printing more cards to support aggro/tempo Dragon decks. If you're going to ramp hard, why waste your time with this when you can drop brainless late game bombs like they already do?

Szadek

What Dragon decks even run small followers? The only thing they play that would qualify would be Aiela, and she's usually long dead by the time they're in overflow.

I don't really get this card, unless they plan on printing more cards to support aggro/tempo Dragon decks. If you're going to ramp hard, why waste your time with this when you can drop brainless late game bombs like they already do?
I think that the idea. It's not like ramp need any support right now anyway.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

They play 3 of the searcher as well but yes this works better in aggro decks

They revealed a few more cards, but they are pretty boring, so I will post the more interesting ones:
Lou, the sun spear Swordcraft Gold 2 mana 1/2 Officer.
Fanfare: random put cost 5 or less commander card from your deck to your hand.
Enhance(4): and then random put cost 6 or above commander card from your deck to your hand.

The intersting thing about the sword card is that the Enhance is a drawback if you don't have expensive commander or when you are fishing for albert.
This card could really help commder and control sword.

How? If the wording is correct you get 2 commanders with enhance

Luigi87

Yeah on turn 4 that could get one for Albert on 5, Tsubaki on 6
(terrible example yes, but you should understand what I'm getting at).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Lol the real wtf why does this exist is that new 2 cost neutral because that's what the game needs right now more high aggro neutral cards

Szadek

I tried to aim for grandmaster this season, but my wirnrates aren't nealy good enough.
Instead I will just focus and getting gold for the next expanstion.
Lol the real wtf why does this exist is that new 2 cost neutral because that's what the game needs right now more high aggro neutral cards
You mean this one?
Apperently originally she was supposed to be a 2/2.
I don' think it's going to be such a big deal, since I'm fairy sure that neutral decks (or at the very least the best ones) will get nerfed at the end of the months.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
yeah 2/2 would have been completely busted. But unless neutral gets a nerf of some sort she's just going to amp it to kill even faster

Qurupeke

Hi, I started the game about a week ago. I made a budget Dragoncraft deck with Dark Dragoon Forte, which is carrying me for the early ranks. I'm not sure what I should spend my gold to next. Should I wait for the new expansion and make a new class deck or strengthen my current one?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hi, I started the game about a week ago. I made a budget Dragoncraft deck with Dark Dragoon Forte, which is carrying me for the early ranks. I'm not sure what I should spend my gold to next. Should I wait for the new expansion and make a new class deck or strengthen my current one?

Depending on how much you have towards the decks Agro blood and ambush sword are both fairly cheap and very strong atm

The sword one cost around 16k to make which is mostly from the alberts

Ideally you would wait until the next expansion with how close it is. Expansions come about every 3 months so after 1 month the ideal is to start saving. As a new player buying for the first two months of a set is fine

Let us know what legends/golds you have *screenshot it if you got a ton* so we can tell you whats safe to melt atm

Szadek

The next expansion is coming soon, so the meta could change quite a bit after that.
I suggest not spending too much liquid until then.

In the mean time, I suggest (if you haven't done these things already):
-use all you take 2 tickets. If you really don't like this mode, you can just quit over and over again for free packs.
-beat every Elite AI 1 and 2 once for 200 gold each
-play 20 private matches with different people (reddit has a thread for this) for 100 gold each
-finish the story as much as possible for more free stuff

Qurupeke

Depending on how much you have towards the decks Agro blood and ambush sword are both fairly cheap and very strong atm

The sword one cost around 16k to make which is mostly from the alberts

Ideally you would wait until the next expansion with how close it is. Expansions come about every 3 months so after 1 month the ideal is to start saving. As a new player buying for the first two months of a set is fine

Let us know what legends/golds you have *screenshot it if you got a ton* so we can tell you whats safe to melt atm
These. Also, I've already spent a bit too much for the Forte deck. :p

Unless there is something in particular that you really want to play, I would recommend just creating decks for the other classes with what you have for now. Your collection will grow with all the packs and gold they give you from all the achievement missions they have early on, and you can definitely get to at least A rank with odd decks that most no one plays since the skill at those ranks isn't very high for the most part. So it's just not really worth it to use vials to create cads that you're not sure you need and that you may get from packs soon.

As for buying packs now or waiting for the expansion, generally what new players are suggested to do is to divide their gold between all the packs, but with a emphasis on the newest expansion and the standard packs since those two have the most meta-related cards usually. So I would suggest buying something like 2 or 3 standard packs then 1 of everything else, but save a portion of your gold for the next expansion at the end of the month. Also if you don't spend much of your vials, then you'll have a ton of vials to try out the new stuff from the expansion which is always fun.

Also, if you haven't done it yet, I recommend completing everyone's story up to chapter 8 or so. They have added more story chapters past 7 (or 8?) a couple months ago, but they could be challenging even for good complete decks to beat, and they don't give cards as reqards. You should be able to beat up to chapter 7 with just the basic deck they give you with a few substitutions here and there. The story missions give you a couple cards for each class that are very good in the early ranks.

And if you want any help with deckbuilding or general questions you can post it here, and we can help you. It gets much simpler once you get the hang of it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
These. Also, I've already spent a bit too much for the Forte deck. :p
You can def make the blood or ambush deck with the stuff there . For now beat everyone's story mode to unlock some cards and get a few packs. Also beat every character on their 2 hardest settings in practice mode once each

Also do this 20 times for 2k gold https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowverse/comments/6jrgeq/private_match_megathread/
You get 100 gold every time you play someone different in private up to 20 times.

I have actually have had mild success with dshift in the past few days. Not much, but it has taken me to about 2k master points. I really don't want to use an aggro deck like everyone else is right now, so I think I'm going to try building some kind of control dirt deck and see if that can get me into the top 10k so I can get a few more packs for the new expansion. After reaching grandmaster last month I kinda just want to mess around with lesser used decks lol.

Szadek

I have actually have had mild success with dshift in the past few days. Not much, but it has taken me to about 2k master points. I really don't want to use an aggro deck like everyone else is right now, so I think I'm going to try building some kind of control dirt deck and see if that can get me into the top 10k so I can get a few more packs for the new expansion. After reaching grandmaster last expansion I kinda just want to mess around with lesser used decks lol.
Control blood is pretty good these days and Nep Shadow is also getting more popular again.
You could also take a look at a Saha Neutral Rune deck.

Also, apperently many Mid shaodw players are now running 1 Tyrannt.

Szadek

Many, many new cards. I'm going to skip all the packfillers.

Loki Neutral 8 mana 5/5 (7/7)
Fanfare: Give this effect to the leader, When the follower activates fanfare (except the ability to select an object), activates fanfare one more time (this effect does not stack)

Flash Step 5 mana sword bronze spell:
Put a Sworcraft follower from your hand into play. It gains Rush. Return it to hand at the end of this turn.

Fang Serpent Blood 3 mana 3/2 (5/4) Last Words: Your leader heals 2 defense.

Rune 3 mana 1/4 (1/4). Europa Enhance 5 : Evolve this follower Evolved : Ward, Bane, Storm.

Celestial River 3 mana neutral bronze amulet
Countdown 1 At the end of your turn, draw a card.
Fanfare: Draw a card. Enhance 5: change this card's countdown to 3 instead.

Gigant Chimera 9 mana rune legend 6/6
Fanfare: Deal 3 damage spread among all enemy followers, starting from left to right. If there are no enemy followers left, excess damage is dealt to the enemy leader. Spellboost: +1 damage.

Cursed Knowledge 3 mana silver spell
Destroy 1 allied follower, then destroy 1 enemy follower (of your choice).

Stheno 7 mana blood gold 3/6 Fanfare: Summon 2 Venomous Snakes.
Whenever an allied Venomous Snake enters play, deal 2 damage to a random enemy follower.

Great Taurus 8 mana haven gold 5/3 Storm
When this attacks an enemy follower, deal damage to that follower equal to this card's current attack, before dealing combat damage.

Hunter with a Magical gun
Silver 3 Mana Rune Stats: 2/2 (4/4) Fanfare: If no allied follower is in play, gain Rush and Last Words: Add a Hunter with a Magical gun into your hand.

Wild Golem:
Gold 5 mana Rune 2/4 (3/4) At the end of your turn, deal 1 damage to a random follower X times (maximum 10 times). X equals this follower's attack. Earth Rite: Gain +1/+2.

There are probably a few more cards that are worth talking about, this should be enough for now.
That new Sword spell should really help slower sword decks. it makes many old sword cards significantly better.
It also seems like they are pushing a control rune deck, which sounds great to me.
Suck that Aegis make Chimera useless ,same for BnB to a less extend.
I like the new blood support as well. I guess they want us to play midrange blood.

Edit:
Damnit, even more reveals:
Barbarossa. 5mana 5/4. Swordcraft. Commander. Legendary
Rush, Last Words : At the start of your next turn add a Barbarossa to your hand, if the size of the opponents board is 2 or less make it cost 8, if it is 3 more, make it cost 2.

Have we found out what the stats of a Venomous Snake are yet? I'm assuming it's a 1/1, but it would be cool if they had bane.

Edit:

Famitsu announced that Starforged Legends packs will have a random chance of containing alt art for some old legendaries, and they have a chance of being animated or not. Unclear if this would be as a 9th card in a pack or as one of the 8. Would suck for old legendaries to dilute pool for the new legendaries that most people would be going for. Here is the alt art for imperial dragoon:

Szadek

I have some bad news about the leaders from Card Popularity Poll :
https://shadowverse.com/news/?announce_id=383
Two of the most popular cards chosen in the 1st Birthday Card Popularity Poll will be included in our upcoming card set, Starforged Legends. These cards will feature special alternate art and will come with a leader.

Notes:
- These items can't be bought from the Buy Supplies screen.
- Leader cards cannot be crafted from vials.

- Like other cards, there are also animated versions of these leader cards.
This is really bad, altough it still unclear if they take up a legendary spot.
Unless there is something we don't know, this make mecway less interested in spending money.

Qurupeke

Which one of the pre-built decks is the most useful card-wise? I was thinking of getting Swordcraft because of Levin, but the second Shadowcraft deck seems to be full of good cards.

Luigi87

Apparently I've done poorly this expansion keeping my Google Doc of my set updated as apparently I had three Alices and I didn't even know...
Definitely will need to go through everything after Starforged Legends comes out.

I have some bad news about the leaders from Card Popularity Poll :
https://shadowverse.com/news/?announce_id=383

This is really bad, altough it still unclear if they take up a legendary spot.
Unless there is something we don't know, this make mecway less interested in spending money.

This is really annoying. Don't want their gacha practices in Shadowverse...

Which one of the pre-built decks is the most useful card-wise? I was thinking of getting Swordcraft because of Levin, but the second Shadowcraft deck seems to be full of good cards.

Shadow's second set is quite good. Eachtar is still a good card, but it can also currently be liquefied for full price, lol
Ideally consider buying a craft you think you really want to play though.

Szadek

Here are the 2 shadow legendaries:
7 mana 0/7 Fanfare: gain +x/+0, x equals to the number of destroyed allied followers.

Lute, Leonardian Necromancer
8 mana 4/4 Fanfare: summon 3 skeletons
If the size of your board is 4 or more at the end of your turn, give -4/-0 to a random enemy follower until the end of the opponent's turn.

The first one is obviously trash, other than in take 2, but even than it isn't great.
Lute is a bit more interesting. It foolds the board while also being somewhat defensive.
I think it might get played, but it doesn't really fit into any shadow decks we have right now.

Szadek

The last Forest Legendary is here:
Storm,this follower can ignore ward
Fanfare: return all your other followers to your hand and get +1/+1 per cards in your hand

Pretty crazy strong, but for 10 mana it has to.
You can even combo him with white wolf for some crazy burst damage.

Also, her is Juliet:
3 mana 2/2 commander storm
When you play original cost 3 commander card, this card's cost become 2 until the end of your turn.

Top Bottom