• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

gngf123

There's too many insane 4 drops with an evolve effect which doesn't help when player 2 gets to evolve right on that turn.

I think cards like Siegfried are the type of design needed to curb the evolve advantages. The instant attack hit gets cleaned up without having to evolve in return which is a big deal.

The type of effect that I've seen mentioned is not an evolve effect. It's a reaction to the enemy evolving. There's only 1-2 cards in this game that I've seen with an effect like that I think, and I'm not even sure if I remember that correctly.

Something like "Fanfare: Destroy an evolved enemy" or "Evolve if there is an evolved enemy" could be interesting I think. Although in the first case, you'd be better off with more Siegfried like cards for the consistency.

Problem is that if they are too good, then P2 can use them to get further ahead without spending another evolution. Difficult problem to have.

I could see this being a problem though.

Ken

I've been doing ok with my second real constructed deck. Tons of construction questions incoming!

1) Does anyone have any suggestions for better lategame cards that aren't legendary? I'm able to ramp more often than not, but I feel like I don't have enough beefdudes to really squeeze out that tempo gain. I'd also like more healing/ward in the deck. I'm thinking of crafting 2x Neptune as it kind of fulfills both. Maybe Grim Reaper? Shame I don't own Lucifer yet...

2) In terms of cards I'd like to cut, Lightning Behemoth and Firstborn Dragon are high on the list. I'd swap the latter out for whatever alternate ward I'd decide on. I should be lighter on the 3 drops anyway since I want to ramp.

3) I'd like more draw in the deck and Shenlong is great, but I'm not keen on adding too many >5pp cards; I wouldn't be able to play more than 1 card a turn if I do that. So I'd probably either add 2x Shenlong or 2x Neptune, not both. Maybe Ivory Dragon?

4) What are people's thoughts on 2x Aiela and 2x Ethica? I have 3 of each, but that would be way too much I think, especially when my lategame is still lacking a bit. I didn't want to invest into too many 3pp cards since I plan on ramping straight to 4 often. I find that Ethica's +1hp really matters in the aggro matchups and so I've shied away from 3x Aiela. Thoughts?

5) Finally, what about Prince of Darkness vs Polyphonic Roar? I find that Prince is actually a bit worse from behind since the OP card I get is random and the Prince is vulnerable to spells before I can trade with him since I don't plan to have any more evolution points by then. Not sure if my assessment is too accurate though.

Sorry for the super long post. I'm really enjoying the deck building in this game, and the little choices like Aiela vs Ethica really get me going haha.

Problem is that if they are too good, then P2 can use them to get further ahead without spending another evolution. Difficult problem to have.

The only Dragoncraft I really messed with is Face Dragon so I don't know how valid these observations are:

Poking around it seems like the most common ramps are 3x Oracles and 3x Aiela, though this one deck seems to run 3 Oracles, 3 Aiela, and 2 Ethicas. If aggro is an issue, Imprisoned Dragon and Goblinmount Demon seem like common Wards included. You could also try some Fire Lizards for the 1 damage ping.

The only draw engines I see a lot are 2x Ivory Dragons + 3x Dragon Oracle.

Most common non-legendary late game cards seem to be 2-3 Genesis Dragons, 1x Polyphonic Roar, 2x Neptune, and 2x Wyvern Cavalier. Legendaries usually include Olivia, Fafnir, Zinitra, Fortes and Odin.

Unicas seem pretty common as the only 2 drop. You could drop the Firstborn for Imprisoned, and Lightning Behemoth for the Goblinmount.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
The only Dragoncraft I really messed with is Face Dragon so I don't know how valid these observations are:

Poking around it seems like the most common ramps are 3x Oracles and 3x Aiela, though this one deck seems to run 3 Oracles, 3 Aiela, and 2 Ethicas. If aggro is an issue, Imprisoned Dragon and Goblinmount Demon seem like common Wards included. You could also try some Fire Lizards for the 1 damage ping.

The only draw engines I see a lot are 2x Ivory Dragons + 3x Dragon Oracle.

Most common non-legendary late game cards seem to be 2-3 Genesis Dragons, 1x Polyphonic Roar, 2x Neptune, and 2x Wyvern Cavalier. Legendaries usually include Olivia, Fafnir, Zinitra, Fortes and Odin.

Unicas seem pretty common as the only 2 drop. You could drop the Firstborn for Imprisoned, and Lightning Behemoth for the Goblinmount.
Thanks for the insight. I've considered both Imprisoned Dragon and Goblinmount. I didn't include them at first because I needed to play the deck and get a feel for its typical board states before I could commit to using cards with such downsides (especially Goblinmount). If I'm against a slower deck, do I drop Imprisoned on turn 3? I'm afraid that not being able to force a good trade will lose me tempo in the mid term, especially when evolves come around and they get to eat it for free. Imprisoned also doesn't really fit the traditional profile of an anti-aggro card -- not enough health to guarantee me a 2 for 1.

Ken

I think those wards get run to stall a bit + draw out removal cards away from Forte, since iirc the ramp dragon decks I looked at included a set of Fortes. Not really sure though.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
TFW you go 4-0 with a Dragoncraft deck with 10/30 2-drops and in your fifth match you draw 0 after a full mulligan + first 4 turns vs Aggro Blood.

cj_iwakura

I still really don't understand how to exploit Spellcraft at all, but I love the cards so much that it doesn't really bother me.

Time to ante up.

gngf123

Man, it seems like people in the lower tiers really really hate Seraph. The second I put it down everyone seems to ragequit.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Man, it seems like people in the lower tiers really really hate Seraph. The second I put it down everyone seems to ragequit.
Seraph is really strong in lower tiers. You don't have Odin. You can't burst them for 10+ before they play their 3x Dogmas next turn. It's tough because you want to position yourself to punish them skipping turn 8, but then you run the risk of that 6 mana board clear.

Playing a few TTs, it's clear that I should just wait for the reward to switch back to standard packs. I'm getting upwards of 7 copies of some commons from the DE set. =(

Luigi87

Well I just pulled a second Dark Angel Olivia.

... but now I'm thinking, I can't really see much benefit to more than one Olivia in a deck.

Well I just pulled a second Dark Angel Olivia.

... but now I'm thinking, I can't really see much benefit to more than one Olivia in a deck.

Olivia is REALLY good in control swordcraft, I'm debating going up to 3. However the deck itself is hella expensive to make if you don't have the cards for it. If the meta slows down a bit I think Olivia will be really good so it might be better later even if 2 of them might not be used that much now.

gngf123

I just won an awesome Leonidas face-off in arena to go 4-1, my best arena result so far.

Then I opened up the 2 DE packs I had. First one had Olivia, second one had Tia and Seraph. Holy shit.

I now have 3x Tia, maybe I should build a Forestcraft deck.

Only one of each, or more?

They are all pretty decent legendaries, but a usual good roll is 7+ legendaries. You can do better.

so rerolling again? ;_;
7+ legendaries?
I must be pretty terrible luck wise..
this is the first reroll with more than 3, and I've already rerolled 8 times XD

gngf123

Thought this was interesting. Meta roundup of the past week:
https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/meta-deck-analytics-report-7-14-20

so rerolling again? ;_;
7+ legendaries?
I must be pretty terrible luck wise..
this is the first reroll with more than 3, and I've already rerolled 8 times XD

I got 7 decent legendaries on my first go, and for my girlfriend it took 4-5 attempts. Shouldn't take too long unless we both got crazy lucky. If that is really your best from 8 attempts with 30-40 packs then maybe we were.

Here's a reddit thread filled with rerolls: https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowverse/comments/571ry9/reroll_thread_ask_about_your_rerolls_here/

Luigi87

I'd say you both were crazy lucky, lol

It took like 15-20 rerolls for me to finally get 7+ legendaries in the past.
... of course by this time I just did a macro on my PC using Mouse Recorder and Bluestacks to reroll for myself.

Nikodemos

Doesn Path to Purgatory count shadows in non-Shadowcraft decks? That is, is there a hidden shadow counter if your're not playing Shadowcraft?

Doesn Path to Purgatory count shadows in non-Shadowcraft decks? That is, is there a hidden shadow counter if your're not playing Shadowcraft?

Apparently there is a hidden shadow counter, as some cards that use Shadow are Neutral.

True, thus my question. Path to Purgatory is a Neutral sweeper that uses shadows.

I searched around and other classes DO have get Shadows just like Shadowcraft. Pretty neat.

Blade25

I'm loving this game! It takes awhile you get used to the anime visuals, but after two weeks of playing it I've come to appreciate the artwork of the artworks.

The game is very fast paced and can get swingy at times, but its to me it's easy to get into. I've been alternating between this and Eternal as my go to card games, but I spend more time on Shadowverse because of how fast pace the matches are.

Heh I've made my second 5-0 run in arena (out of 32 total) and it was with Runecraft :) and I had going first 3 times.

I've ignored spellboosting as much as possible and got good amount of earth rite stuff - which provides amazing trades (my opponent who got his Fafnir turned into clay golem after I've banished his board twice must have been not too happy ;) )

Vecks

I tried runecraft in arena once and I couldn't get anything started. Got demolished every match. I might give earth rite a try next time because, yeah, spellboosting did not work out at all for me.

I tried runecraft in arena once and I couldn't get anything started. Got demolished every match. I might give earth rite a try next time because, yeah, spellboosting did not work out at all for me.

Hmm maybe i was a bit too enthusiastic - I've made another one as rune and got 1-4 :) So potential is there but they are hard to draw.

For the moment my ranking of Take Two crafts:

Tier 1:
-Forest (almost all their cards allow favourable trades, tons of fairy generators, great 4 drops)
-Sword (always stable, great mana ramp)

Tier 2:
-Heaven (tons of solid stuff but harder to put together)
-Rune (a lot of great value cards but hard to draw)

Tier 3:
- Dragon (I might be drafting them wrong since in theory they should be solid)
- Shadowcraft (kinda like poor mans sword/forest)

Tier 4:
- Bloodcraft (stuff that kills you almost as good as opponent)

gngf123

I would personally rank them more like:

Sword
Forest
Shadow
Dragon
Haven
Rune
Blood

Sword is so easy to draft for. Officer/commander mini-combos are perfect for arena and there are great standalone cards like Floral Fencer which can push a match in your favor.

Rune is very hard to draft for.

Szadek

Started the game today.
41 freepacks is certianly one way to get the goodwill of the players.
I like the game so far. Anime Heartstone is certainly fitting.
Although, certian mechanics seem to exist to fix some of the biggest problem HS has, such as first player advantage which is great, so far as I can tell at first glance anyway.

Right now I'm mostly curious what the game at higher ranks(or in this game scores, I suppose) looks like.
At first glance the Meta Tier List looks pretty good, with 8 deck at Tier 1-2 and many different kind of decks.

mothball

Besides the bug fix, the last tiny update also added assets for what I'm guessing are December's prize sleeves and emblems,
as well as Idolmaster crossover emblems and sleeves

In other news, 7 packs to celebrate a Team Cygames member winning a MtG tournament and 6 packs to celebrate 6 million downloads means everyone gets 13 free packs, redeemable through December 31.

I got only 2 but 1 was Ancient Elf :) and some change 3 cost follower into small dragon trash.

Plus few golds and around 1500 vials in duplicated cards

Some Nobody

Just picked this up thank to this thread, and now I'm addicted. Thanks GAF. :)

Though I still totally suck at the game, lol. Going through the story tho and I'm honestly shocked at how much STORY there is--now I can't wait for the new set.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
In the spirit of having 3 Plutos now, just how good is this card even in a much slower meta?

My intuition tells me that it is mediocre even then, because most lategame cards in this game gain value from their effects and not from their beef stats. There's like 2 exceptions in Dragoncraft and Lucifer that I can think of, but aside from that, I feel like killing your opponent's minion and summoning an under-statted follower for 8 feels too slow even if it is a +1.

What do you guys think?

Tensa

Neo Member
I had the fastest take-two win I've ever gotten today. I went first as swordcraft and played a quickblader turn 1 against haven, and then they just conceded.

I wonder if they got a really bad mulligan or if it was something else. It was funny because I had no turn 2 or 3 plays so I was actually worried at the start.

rerolled today once again..
managed to get
crystalia tia
bloody mary
dark dragoon forte
sun oracle pascale
sea queen otohime
pluto

i'd say it's an ok pull?

Luigi87

Sitting on 5870 vials, I think should I get a few legendaries I may want for either what I am playing (Forest), some golds, start crafting toward a second craft, or wait until Rise of Bahamut @_@

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Argh, third arena where I'm 1 away from 5-0 and my mulligan shits the bed with no playable cards until turn 4 despite all of my decks having ~10 1 or 2 drops.

Sitting on 5870 vials, I think should I get a few legendaries I may want for either what I am playing (Forest), some golds, start crafting toward a second craft, or wait until Rise of Bahamut @_@
I'd just wait. You never know what will be replaced in 3 weeks' time.

gngf123

rerolled today once again..
managed to get
crystalia tia
bloody mary
dark dragoon forte
sun oracle pascale
sea queen otohime
pluto

i'd say it's an ok pull?

They are all quite spread out, but you've got a lot of important legendaries there. Tia, Forte, and Otohime are all extremely common in their respective decks.

I still lack a Forte after playing this game for a month and opening over 60 packs :(. Probably just going to create a couple with vials if I've not got any before the expansion.

I'd keep it. Are any of them x2 or animated as well?

I'm saving most of mine. Did just use some on an Urd but otherwise I want to see what it looks like the new cards will do to the meta before I start investing.

In the spirit of having 3 Plutos now, just how good is this card even in a much slower meta?

My intuition tells me that it is mediocre even then, because most lategame cards in this game gain value from their effects and not from their beef stats. There's like 2 exceptions in Dragoncraft and Lucifer that I can think of, but aside from that, I feel like killing your opponent's minion and summoning an under-statted follower for 8 feels too slow even if it is a +1.

What do you guys think?

Couldn't you also use it to destroy cards that have been powered up? Say, with Gabriel or Elana. That's one more use case.

I still agree though, Pluto isn't that great. Way too situational. I think the new card which summons a Pluto with enhance is better honestly.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I still agree though, Pluto isn't that great. Way too situational. I think the new card which summons a Pluto with enhance is better honestly.
Yep, which makes my pull even more depressing haha. I guess the upside is that the Pluto summoned has a health cap of 5, but for 1 mana less AND being useable in the early game makes it way better.

Momentary

Banned
There's no stipulation for people rage quitting at the end to slap you with a 90 second wait window. People quit just to troll you at the end. Pieces of shit.

Top Bottom