• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shahid Kamal: "Two words you're going to hear a lot of on PS4- 1080p/60fps"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alx

Maybe we should complete all those twitter quote threads with information about who we're quoting. It would help to know who this Shahid Kamal is ("PlayStation / Writer, Speaker, Freedom-pusher" according to his twitter account ? Doesn't help much...)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
iOkTnNiBm6qHT.gif

/optimism

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I hope there is some substance behind his statement, because the PS4 launch doesn't have that many 60fps games.

There's a lot. Just off the top of my head:

NBA 2k14
NBA Live
Madden 25
Fifa 2014
Resogun
Sound Shapes
Flower
Flow
Warframe
Blacklight: Retribution
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Battlefield 4
Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer
Knack is unlocked 60

There may be more as well. These are just the ones I know for sure.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also, doesn't nearly every dev say that the tradeoff for 60fps just isn't worth it compared to what you can do at 30? I mean, don't get me wrong - 60fps is all I give a rat's dick about, but I've been told time and time again that development-wise, it's not a sacrifice worth making because nobody really gives a shit despite a chosen few. Yes, chosen!

Kinyou

I will use the same excuse that a lot of people on these forums are using for every game that isn't 1080p 60fps. Launch Game!
Yeah, not really buying it. Either future games will look better than the launch games or they'll hit 60fps, but both? That seems a lot to ask for.

Majukun

wasn't that supposed to be impossible because of how relatively poor the new console hardware is?

or at least not on a consistent base?

Steel

Banned
Playing you fools like a fiddle.

Oh, I believe him. All the indies games he'll introduce to PS4 will be 1080p 60 fps for sure. Now first parties will also probably be 1080p, but I don't see third or first staying at 60 for every game.

No way any of the big AAA will be 1080/60. 1080 probably but not 1080 and 60 at the same time. Not without making serious concessions.

Even if it doesn't happen with majority of the "big" games, I assume most indies will be 1080p 60fps so his statement still holds true.

HAHA just read @yosp twitter..

Gamasutra ‏@gamasutra 2h

Hi game devs! We've got an interview with PlayStation's @yosp today. What dev-related questions would you like us to ask him?
Richard W. ‏@Sir_Ricardo17 1h

@gamasutra @yosp do you think dev's are going to take advantage of #PS4 being more powerful or match games to be the same as xbox....

Shuhei Yoshida ‏@yosp

@Sir_Ricardo17 @gamasutra look at multi-platform launch titles this year ;)

lol ice cold shuhei lol shots fired all over the place today :p

There's a lot. Just off the top of my head:

NBA 2k14
NBA Live
Madden 25
Fifa 2014
Resogun
Sound Shapes
Flower
Flow
Warframe
Blacklight: Retribution
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Battlefield 4
Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer
Knack is unlocked 60

There may be more as well. These are just the ones I know for sure.

The Pinball Arcade will be as well, although it might miss out on launch by a bit (it still could make it, reportedly).

I'm looking forwards to the framerate analysis on Knack and Killzone (SP and MP) from digital foundry, to see what they average, because calling them both 60 is a bit optimistic. they're both more than 30 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom