• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shahid Kamal: "Two words you're going to hear a lot of on PS4- 1080p/60fps"

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzbang

Banned
That's a terribly lame thing for someone like him to push, I find it cheesy, unnecessary, over the top and something I'd expect of B grade journalists to be honest.

No, I'm not an Xbox fan, I'm just over the 1080p/720p/60fps shit. I can't WAIT for this stupid shit to stop.

UrbanRats

I predict this will become a meme in the vein of "Unprecedented Partnership", in 2 years time.

1080p i can believe, but 60fps? Lol.

Shahid works primarily on indie titles, and I'd be very surprised if we see any of those that aren't 1080p/60fps, so from where he's looking at it from, that's probably the norm for new games right now.

The big boys will obviously not be delivering that right off the bat though.

Raist

Banned
There's a lot. Just off the top of my head:

NBA 2k14
NBA Live
Madden 25
Fifa 2014
Resogun
Sound Shapes
Flower
Flow
Warframe
Blacklight: Retribution
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Battlefield 4
Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer
Knack is unlocked 60

There may be more as well. These are just the ones I know for sure.

Diablo III
ACIV MP
ISS will probably be unlocked as well.

This is the same douche that constantly hypes Vita owners up by talking about how there's gonna be this awesome reveal for a big name Vita game. Then when the reveal comes out it's just some wack ass indie game. He's done it like 3 times already.

Now he's probably gonna start hyping up PS4 owners about 1080p/60fps games only to find out the ones he's talking about are indies.

Branduil

One of the unintended consequences of the Xbone being substantially weaker than the PS4 may be that multiplatform games have a much easier time reaching 1080p/60fps on the latter. If Microsoft had made a console nearly on par with Sony's, developers might be more tempted to use all that power on effects, and thus both consoles could have ended up with a bunch of 720p/30fps multiplats.

And having multiplats that are 1080p/60fps could in turn put more pressure on exclusives to also achieve that benchmark.

That's a terribly lame thing for someone like him to push, I find it cheesy, unnecessary, over the top and something I'd expect of B grade journalists to be honest.

No, I'm not an Xbox fan, I'm just over the 1080p/720p/60fps shit. I can't WAIT for this stupid shit to stop.

How can you be over 60fps? Do you only play turn based games?

hawk2025

No way any of the big AAA will be 1080/60. 1080 probably but not 1080 and 60 at the same time. Not without making serious concessions.

Those are not the games he deals with, though.

Note how the follow up post was about Resogun. The guy is into the Indie/downloadable scene, so that's what he's focusing on.

Mung

This is the same douche that constantly hypes Vita owners up by talking about how there's gonna be this awesome reveal for a big name Vita game. Then when the reveal comes out it's just some wack ass indie game. He's done it like 3 times already.

Now he's probably gonna start hyping up PS4 owners about 1080p/60fps games only to find out the ones he's talking about are indies.

Nice.

He says we'll hear it a lot, that's all. I'm sure there will be many 1080p/60fps games over the next few years. Not all of them by any means.

RaikuHebi

Banned
His first name means Witness. His second name means Perfection.

He has witnessed perfection.

From Twitter:
"I'm sure most games will not reach these goals ! At least, not before Gaikai is available !"

LOLWUT.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh. Indie stuff?

Just run-by chairshot me then Shahid.

iND2tgBlirukw.gif

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Wow. That must mean that PS4 versions of games will have plenty of Natve 1080p/60 FPS games for years, especially when Sony & 3rd party developers starts to use GPU compute to keep the PS4 going on that for as long as it can.

Sony have already stated that they're targeting 1080p/60fps but for some reason people don't/didn't believe it would be the norm. Clearly they're pretty confident that it WILL become the norm

Kinyou

There's a lot. Just off the top of my head:

NBA 2k14
NBA Live
Madden 25
Fifa 2014
Resogun
Sound Shapes
Flower
Flow
Warframe
Blacklight: Retribution
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Battlefield 4
Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer
Knack is unlocked 60

There may be more as well. These are just the ones I know for sure.
Not sure if it makes sense to count up-ports like sound shapes or Flow

Phawx

Thats not a problem because according to some apologist once you upscale you can even reach 4k heaven

I'm not sure of the tone but while I am super excited for the PS4, I'm not going to believe for a second this PR dude is doing anything other than riding the wave currently.

jaaz

It's really ridiculous that The Last of Us didn't launch with the PS3. If the PS3 was capable of that level of graphics and IQ from the outset, why didn't Sony make sure it was a launch game? PS4 pre-order cancelled.

Gbraga

So he's asking for death right now?

Killzone is definitely not 60 and Knack if the videos are any indication runs like crap a lot of times.

I know, I know, launch titles, but the second tweet had terrible timing then.

AmyS

I'd be pleased as punch if even a decent fraction of PS4 games were 60FPS, not to mention native 1080p *and* 60FPS.

wizzbang

Banned
How can you be over 60fps? Do you only play turn based games?

I'm an extremely extremely single player, storyline focused player. I care about a good story, good graphics, good audio, immersion.

I couldn't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck about 60fps except for games l ike wipeout, online shooters (which I don't play!), fighting games (which I don't play!) and stuff like resogun (which I pretty much don't play!)

I'd muchrather than extra 50% fillrate went to more polygons, shaders, just "stuff" in my game world please.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Not sure if it makes sense to count up-ports like sound shapes or Flow

I was just responding to someone who said there weren't many 60fps games at launch so I included them. Shahid is most likely talking about indies and smaller titles any way.

whoszed

For certain games I'd actually prefer 1080p + as much visual candy as possible and 30-40fps rather than sacrificing visual quality for a better framerate.

sephi22

I like how people are equating 'Lot of 1080p/60fps games' to 'every game should have 1080p/60fps'.

Are we going to have a generation where people point out every single game that's not 1080p/60fps or both on PS4?

Takuan

rudyqqqld.png
Anyone who believes this is drinking the kool-aid.

I'm sure we'll get 1080p/60fps titles, and some of them might even be of AAA stature, but it won't be the norm.

Lion

I know that statement has high content of PR in it. But will it be that hard for upcoming titles to hit 10800/60fps given enough time of development?

Don't get cocky Sony.

You know what, I think you're justified in saying this. I had this thought yesterday. With all the goodwill they've garnered recently, I have started to wonder if they'd let that seep in somewhat. This does come across as a little cocky. But then again, he probably knows something we don't yet, so I look forward to having my eyes melted out of their sockets in the months and years to come.

Skilletor

I like how people are equating 'Lot of 1080p/60fps games' to 'every game should have 1080p/60fps'.

Are we going to have a generation where people point out every single game that's not 1080p/60fps or both on PS4?

Probably. Same way we're going to point at every XB1 game that's less than 1080p.

But I agree with your first point. We're already hearing it a lot on PS4.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Well, he did follow up with "give me 60fps or give me death", lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom